- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Kingston, ON
- Hull Material:
- Last Listed Price:
- Can$ 59,900 (US$ 44,859)
You will be hard-pressed to find a better-maintained one-owner freshwater-only Nonsuch 30 Ultra than VIRGIN GORDA. She has always had the utmost in care, upgrades and improvements and her owner's attention to detail is exceptionally evident when you are invited on board.
The Nonsuch cat-rigged sailboat is uniquely Canadian, inspired by Gordon Fisher, designed by Mark Ellis, built by Hinterhoeller and named after the famous "Nonsuch", a 50-foot square rigged ketch that successfully sailed into the Canadian Arctic in 1668, clearing the way for the creation of the Hudson's Bay Company two years later.
The ‘Ultra’ model added a unique dimension to the Nonsuch line and modern day sailing by adding the comfort of a more traditional interior, while still maintaining the competitive sailing advantages specific to the Cat-rigged design. The long waterline permits higher pointing ability than one sail would normally allow, while allowing the convenience of tacking by a turn of the wheel giving the racer in you an advantage. The fin keel and spade rudder also does away with the windward helm characteristic of some Cape Cod catboats.
With a free standing mast situated at the bow, the interior volume of a Nonsuch is 20% to 30% larger when compared to other 30 ft. sailboats. VIRGIN GORDA has been updated, upgraded, and meticulously maintained since she was first splashed in 1984.
She will sleep 5 and features a separate forward stateroom with a full sized double bunk to port. A full length hanging locker, vanity and ample storage area, including drawers and shelves, are incorporated in this stateroom. The head is forward and to Starboard, and has a separate shower stall with seat. The galley is located on the portside approximately amidships and is L-shaped. The main salon sleeps three; two on a convertible dining table, and one on the port settee. The richness of the interior is accented with a teak and holly sole, yet remains airy with a total of 7 opening ports and three overhead hatches that are all equipped with screens. For the numerous upgrades and additions, please consult the detailed listing.
With her shoal keel, well-maintained engine and 3-blade "Sailor" low-drag prop, this Nonsuch 30 Ultra is ideal for cruising into the waters of Georgian Bay, the North Channel, 1000 Islands or even the Florida Keys.
If you are in the market for a well-kept 30 Ultra, then you simply must consider a long and hard look at VIRGIN GORDA. She is certain not to disappoint you.
For further information or to make an appointment to view this vessel, please contact either Grant or Pat Bowlby at Harris & Ellis' Gananoque Office at 613-659-3344 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Grant and Pat Bowlby, CPYB at 613-659-3344
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Hinterhoeller Yachts (CAN)
Designer: Mark Ellis
Flag of Registry: Canada
Hull Shape: Displacement
LOA: 30 ft 0 in
Beam: 11 ft 10 in
LWL: 28 ft 9 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 0 in
Displacement: 11500 lbs
Ballast: 4500 lbs
Headroom: 6 ft 3 in
Total Power: 30 HP
Engine Brand: Westerbeke
Year Built: 1984
Engine Model: W27 closed cooling
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 3400
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: V Drive
Engine Power: 30 HP
Cruising Speed: 5 knots
Maximum Speed: 7 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: (86 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (30 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (24 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 1
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 1
Number of heads: 1
- Westerbeke 27, Hurth V-Drive, 3400 hours (approx. 100 hours/year)
- Oil and filter changed every 50 hours and always pre-Fall haulout
- Primary fuel filter/water separator filter (2 micron) changed annually
- “On engine” fuel filters checked annually but seldom require changing.
- Shaft cutlass bearing replaced and shaft log repacked in Spring 2015
- “Sailor” 3 blade prop
- Original gelcoat in excellent condition
- Bottom paint, Micron CSC (ablative), touched up annually in Spring as needed
- “Hood” light-weight “traditional” tanbark colour professionally cared for and stored each winter.
- New 3/4 length battens installed over winter 2015-2016.
- “Hood” back up sail (white) in good condition but seldom flown.
- Zippered Sunbrella custom sail cover (“STACPAC” type)
- Mast removed annually for inspection and storage.
- Cleaned and protected every Spring with Boeshield Aerospace Protectant.
- New wishbone hanger lines and topping lift (2006)
- “Windex” wind direction indicator
- VHF antenna
- LED Anchor light
- “Tack-Tic” wireless wind speed/wind direction indicator
Other Navigational Instruments
- SR Mariner digital boat speed and water depth cockpit displays (New transducer Spring 2016)
- “Tack-Tic” wind speed/direction cockpit display (2011)
- Ritchie “Globemaster” compass on cockpit binnacle
- “Standard Horizon” VHF radio with DSC (2012)
- Remote, binnacle mounted, “Wham” mic/speaker (2012)
- “Standard Horizon“ Chartplotter, binnacle mounted. (2012)
- Older “Autohelm 3000” belt driven self-steering
Anchoring Tackle and Operation
- 1000 lb. Lewmar electric anchor windlass (2013) with deck mounted foot controls
- 15 kg. “Bruce” design anchor with 115' high test 5/8” anchor chain spliced to 100' nylon rode.
- 10 Kg. “Delta” design anchor with 30' 1/2 chain sliced to 100' nylon rode
- Double anchor locker separates anchor rodes
- Both anchors mounted on custom double roller bow pulpit ready to deploy
- Electric deck-wash system convenient for hosing off anchors
Cockpit and Transom
- Dinghy davits (2014)
- Sunbrella Dodger, Bimini and full cockpit enclosures in good repair.
- Custom cockpit screening for complete bug protection at anchor or dock.
- Zippered doors at each side for convenient access/egress
- Two 2-speed and one single speed cockpit winches plus line stoppers for complete control of all sailing related lines (sheet, halyard and double reef lines.
- Closed-cell foam cockpit cushions
- Teak folding cockpit table and drink holder with custom teak table extension
- Teak, transom mounted boarding ladder with custom extension
- “Force 10” (Sea Chef) propane BBQ, rail mounted and removable (2015)
- 2 x 10 lb. propane tanks in drained cockpit locker. Solenoid shut-off.
Solar Power (2014)
- 210-watt solar panel mounted on dinghy davits
- “Victron” charge controller and battery monitor (2014)
- 2000 Zodiac “Yachtline 310” (10' 2" ft.) supported on davits that were installed in 2013.
- 2 HP Suzuki o.b -2 cycle-very light weight. (older)
- Outboard Motor bracket on stern rail
- NovaKool refrigerator/freezer conversion installed in 2015
- Extra insulation added to ice box. (2015)
- 2-deep cycle Group 27 house batteries (2015)
- 1 starting battery (2014)
- 50-foot 30-Amp Shore Power Cord
- 30 Amp-3 stage battery charger
- Electric macerating low-volume head (2011)
- Holding tank (replaced in 2006)
- 3 burner Hillerange propane stove with oven
- Hot and cold pressure water at galley and head
- 2000 watt Inverter (2015)
- 2 electric, 1 manual bilge pumps
- All LED wall mounted light fixtures plus fluorescent overheads
- 12 volt pugs for radios, USB charging etc.
- Deck wash hose and nozzle
Notable Recent Upgrades
- New depth sounder transducer (2016)
- New manual bilge pump (2016)
- New Nova Kool fridge/freezer plus extra ice box insulation (2015)
- New deep cycle batteries (2015)
- New starting battery (2014)
- New Force 10 BBQ (2015)
- 2000 watt inverter (2014)
- Custom SS boarding ladder extension (2014)
- Dinghy davits (2013)
- 210 watt solar panel plus Victron Charge Controller and Battery monitor (2013)
- Tack Tic solar powered wind speed/direction indicator and cockpit display (2012)
- 2 custom 10-pound propane tanks certified to 2023 and 2024
- Standard Horizon VHF radio with DSC and Wham mike in cockpit (2012)
- ”Seaward” low volume electric macerating head (2011)
- 1000 lb. Lewmar electric anchor windlass with deck mounted foot controls (2010)
- Boat speed, Depth, Wind Speed and Direction cockpit instrumentation
- LED masthead light
- LED cabin lights (except overhead fluorescents)
- 30 Amp Shore Power
- 3 stage, 30 Amp battery charger
- Standard Horizon chart plotter on cockpit pedestal
- 2 electric bilge pumps
- Deck wash system
- 100 ft. 5/16” high test anchor chain with 110' nylon anchor rode with 15 kg with Bruce-style anchor
- 30 ft. Galvanized chain with 100 ft. of nylon rode with 10 kg Delta-style anchor
- Double anchor rollers on upgraded bow pulpit
- Custom built divided chain lockers
- Full cockpit enclosure (dodger, bimini, vinyl sides)
- ”StacPac” style sail cover
- Newer topping lift and wishbone hanger lines
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Harris & Ellis Yachts
Toronto, ON, Canada
Unknown, Antigua & Barbuda
415 Express Motoryacht
Eastern Ontario, ON, Canada
453 Motor Yacht
Gananoque, ON, Canada
58 Yacht Fisherman
Erieau, ON, Canada