- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Ipswich, Suffolk, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 12,950 (US$ 16,475)
Designed by Gilles Vaton & Patrick Roseo, built by Kelt Marine, France in 1984. The Kelt 850 is a lifting keel, aft cockpit cruising yacht with a fractional rig. Accommodation up to 6 with an open plan layout plus separate toilet compartment and galley.
In her present ownership since 2001, "Alchemy" underwent a major refit in 2002 and been regularly maintained since.
Please contact Robert Shufflebottom at +44 (0)1473 694694
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Kelt Marine
Designer: Gilles Vaton & Patrick Roseo
LOA: 28 ft 2 in
Beam: 10 ft 4 in
LWL: 30 ft 3 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 8 in
Displacement: 2900 kgs
Ballast: 1200 kgs
Total Power: 20 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 2GM
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 20 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: Plastic (10)
Fuel Tanks: Stainless steel (7)
Wind speed and direction
Manual bilge pump
Electric bilge pump
White GRP hull with blue style lines and sugar scoop stern. External cast iron ballast shoe with small bilge plates and 800lb swing keel. Lifting keel operated by control line on coachroof via a multi purchase tackle. Skeg hung rudder with tiller steering.
Underwater surfaces epoxy coated 2002 by Fox’s Boatyard.
White GRP deck, superstructure and draining aft cockpit with sugar scoop transom. Moulded non-slip deck surfaces. Internal GRP moulding with teak joinery.
Original 9hp diesel replaced in 2002 with a used Yanmar 2GM 20hp two cylinder diesel engine. Raw water cooling. Reversing reduction gearbox with shaft driven 3 bladed fixed propeller. Halyard oil fed stern gland.
Fuel - 7 gallon s/steel tank.
Freshwater - 10 gallon plastic tank.
Fuel, water and gas lines replaced 2002.
12 volt system:- 40 & 70 ah lead acid 12v batteries charged by engine alternator. 12v lighting throughout. Standard navigation lights with all round white at masthead.
12v cigar lighter socket.
Spars & Rigging
- Fractional rigged sloop.
- Z Spar silver anodised alloy deck stepped mast, slab reefing boom.
- Spinnaker pole
- Sailspar headsail furling gear.
- 1x19 s/steel wire standing rigging – replaced 2002.
- Wichard backstay adjuster 2002
- Barton mainsheet traveller installed 2002. Alloy genoa tracks.
- Terylene running rigging with main and genoa halyards led back to cockpit.
- 2 x Lewmar 30 self-tailing sheet winches 2002. Gibb halyard and Barbarosa 30 lifting keel winches on coachroof. Reefing winch on mast.
Mainsail - 1997 Gowan (plus older spare mainsail).
Furling Genoa - 1996 East Coast Sails
Spare hanked genoa.
Blue Lazybag mainsail cover – new 2011
- Plastimo Contest bulkhead compass
- Furuno GPS 31
- Nasa GPS repeater
- Nasa Target Navtex Pro-Plus
- Nasa Clipper windspeed/direction
- Nasa Clipper combined speed & depth
- Navico TP200CX12v tiller pilot
- Brass clock and barometer.
- Stingray 5800M VHF radio (non-DSC)
Six berths with two double and two single berths in three cabins.
1999 patterned cloth upholstery. 1999 curtains. 1999 headlining.
Forward berth - Double V berth with half round bulkhead and courtesy curtain.
Saloon - U shaped seating, central table with folding leaves fitted over lift keel box, storage beneath berths.
Chart table – good sized, forward facing to port with navigators seat, storage and provision for instruments.
Aft double cabin to port under cockpit with locker.
Galley - to stbd, Plastimo Atlantic two burner gimballed gas cooker with oven and grill, s/steel sink, manual fresh water pump.
Toilet compartment – separate, aft to stbd with Jabsco sea toilet, wet hanging space, moulded-in wash basin and manual fresh water pump.
- S/steel pulpit, split sternguard, stanchions and guardwires.
- Alloy toe rail and mooring cleats.
- Aft cockpit with deep cave locker to starboard.
- Blue spray hood – new 2011
- Fenders. Mooring warps.
- Bruce anchor with 12m chain and 20m warp.
- Draining anchor locker.
- Fire blanket. 3 x Fire extinguishers (not guaranteed in date).
- Horseshoe lifebuoy with light.
- Flares (not guaranteed in date).
- Two manual bilge pumps.
- Electric bilge pump.
- Firdell Blipper radar reflector mounted on mast.
- Webbing sidedeck jackstays.
The owner has quotes for work to the stiff keel mechanism and some remedial work top the decks - this work is included in the asking price, although instructions have not yet been given to the boatyard. Last surveyed Feb' 2017.
In this instance Fox’s Yacht Sales are acting as brokers for the vendor. The vendor has provided the information enclosed and whilst we endeavour to ensure the accuracy, the details are believed to be correct but are not guaranteed. Any prospective purchaser is advised to check the boat specification thoroughly and to employ at their expense a qualified marine surveyor and/or engineer to check the specification and condition of this craft and its equipment.