1984 Hinckley Sou'wester 59
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Stonington, CT
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 595,000
DUET is without doubt the best-condition Hinckley 59 on or off the market anywhere; she is in turn-key condition and ready to sail. Over the past year, she has gone through an extensive restoration by the renowned Dodson Boatyard in Stonington, CT. Everything has been replaced and updated, both mechanically and cosmetically.
She has fresh Awlgrip topsides, cabin, decks, mast and boom and flawless varnish throughout. All equipment is new, including a completely rebuilt Perkins motor from trans-Atlantic diesel with 20 hours total running time.
Everything from the keel to the top of the mast has been replaced or refurbished inside and out. The bottom was stripped, barrier coated, and painted with all new running gear. A new Side Power bow thruster was installed. All of the electronics were replaced in 2017, including touchscreen Garmin GPS/ radar/AIS at nav station and cockpit. Additionally, a new Garmin autopilot was installed. The Garmin radar dome is mounted on a custom stainless platform from Kato Marine.
DUET has a beautiful ash interior unique to Hinckley Yachts. She has a spacious three-cabin layout that has been completely re-varnished and repainted, from the bilges to the ceilings, with all new countertops, sinks, faucets, microwave, stove, toilets, plumbing, hot water heater, cushions, upholstery and curtains.
The list goes on and on. This entire renovation was undertaken in 2017, making the boat virtually new!
If you are looking for absolute perfection, this Hinckley 59 DUET is the one.
WELLINGTON YACHT PARTNERS -- BROKERAGE OFFICES: Portsmouth, Rhode Island; Fort Lauderdale, Florida; Falmouth, Maine.
Miles DAVID, Chris FAIRFAX, Dolf HAFFENREFFER, Chet HARTSHORN, Ted HOOD, Murray LORD, Bob MARSTON, John PERKINS, Jim WETHERALD.
Please contact Wellington Yacht Partners at (401) 683-6070
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Hinckley Yachts
Designer: McCurdy & Rhodes
Flag of Registry: United States
LOA: 59 ft 3 in
Beam: 15 ft 6 in
LWL: 44 ft 2 in
Minimum Draft: 6 ft 6 in
Displacement: 69000 lbs
Ballast: 23250 lbs
Total Power: 135 HP
Engine Brand: Perkins
Year Built: 1984
Engine Model: 6-354
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 20
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Engine Power: 135 HP
Cruising Speed: 9 knots
Maximum Speed: 10 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: (400 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (300 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (40 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 6
Number of double berths: 1
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 3
ACCOMMODATIONS and LAYOUT
DUET sleeps six in three private cabins, plus two in main salon.
The interior joinery is finely-crafted ash throughout, freshly varnished with a gloss finish. The cabin soles are solid teak and holly, also freshly varnished. All hardware, hinges, clasps, knobs etc. re-chromed (2017).
The upholstery is navy Sunbrella with red piping (2017), accented with new throw pillows, curtains and area rugs. All foam for settee, nav station, and bunks replaced (2017). A new, navy colored sofa is located to port in the salon, which folds out into a double bed.
Opening ports, portlights and deck hatches provide plenty of ventilation and natural light. All overhead lights throughout entire boat were replaced with LED dome lights. There are floor courtesy lights throughout for night time sailing.
STARBOARD GUEST STATEROOM
The starboard forward guest stateroom features (2) large single over/under berths with navy Sunbrella upholstery and red piping (2017). There is a hanging locker, bureau and numerous storage lockers. A hatch, port and dorade vent provide excellent light and ventilation.
STARBOARD GUEST HEAD
The starboard guest ensuite head includes a new Groco toilet, as well as all new plumbing and valves for overboard discharge or holding tank. The countertops have been replaced with Corian (2017). New stainless Scandvik sink and faucet (2017). The head has shower capabilities, with a drain that is properly plumbed to a new sump. There is a hanging locker on the right and a locker on the left for the thruster on /off switch and its batteries, plus more storage. A large deck hatch overhead provides excellent light and ventilation. Forward of the toilet is a spacious anchor locker. The locker provides access to the anchor chain, salt water washdown pump, and bow thruster.
PORT GUEST STATEROOM
A mirror-image guest cabin is to port with all the same features found to starboard.
PORT GUEST HEAD
The port guest ensuite head includes a new Groco toilet (2017), as well as, all new plumbing and valves. A new Scandvik sink and mixer was installed (2017) along with Corian countertops. There is a large storage/ hanging locker forward of the toilet. The head has shower capabilities with a drain that is properly plumbed to a new sump.
The main salon features a long settee to port, with built-in storage above and below. There is a large double-leaf dining table offset to port. A new (2017) navy colored sofa is located to starboard in the salon. There is an abundance of storage space on the starboard side with (6) large drawers, (3) large upper cabinets and a spacious lower locker.
A large U-shaped galley is aft of the main salon on the port side, featuring generous counter space and ample locker storage. The countertops have all been redone in Corian (2017). A large double SS sink with Scandvik mixer was installed new in 2017. There is an AC/DC Sea Frost top-loading refrigerator and freezer located outboard, with a built-in vertical door under the counter for additional access. Inboard is a new Force 10 three burner, stainless steel electric gimbal stove with oven (2017). Built in over the stove is a large stainless steel Samsung microwave, new in 2017.
The navigation station is aft of the salon to starboard. There is an oversized chart table and a fixed seat with backrest, which has new cushions in Sunbrella upholstery and ample storage below. There is a new Garmin 7610 GPS/radar, ICOM VHF (2017), autopilot remote (2017), 12v outlet, (2) Zantrex battery monitors and a Hinckley DC electrical panel.
A passageway with wet locker, workbench and storage outboard, and easy engine room access inboard, leads aft from main salon to the master cabin. The AC electrical panel, generator panel, starting switches etc. are located next to the engine room door.
The owner's stateroom aft has a generous double berth to port and single to starboard, separated by a large chest of drawers on the aft bulkhead with mirror above. A separate companionway is also located on the aft bulkhead, which has a teak ladder leading to the aft deck. There are (2) hanging lockers starboard and drawers under each berth. All foam and navy/red piping Sunbrella upholstery new in 2017.
A private head with separate shower stall is adjacent to the owner’s cabin, to port. There is a new Scandvik sink and Scandvik mixer (2017) with new Corian countertops (2017). Under- and over-counter cabinets provide lots of storage. New Groco toilet installed, with all new plumbing and valves for overboard discharge or holding tank. A large shower stall is located inboard with a Symmons hot/cold shower mixer, varnished seat, tempered glass door, and a drain with new plumbing to new shower sump.
- 12 Volt DC and 110/220 Volt AC electrical systems with separate breaker panels and multiple gauges
- ProMariner 60 amp galvanic isolater (2017)
- All AC wiring removed and replaced, including shore power outlets (2017)
- Major portion of DC wiring similarly replaced (2017)
- Custom battery box with (4) Lifeline AGM 6v golf cart batteries for house (2017)
- (1) Lifeline AGM 8D for engine start (2017)
- (2) AGM batteries for bow thruster (2017)
- (2) Delco alternators 160 and 90 amp (2017)
- (2) Balmar voltage regulators (2017)
- Newmar 90 amp battery charger (updated 2017)
- Zantrex 100 amp battery charger/inverter (updated 2017)
- Victron bow thruster charger (2017)
- 10 kW Westerbeke generator in sound shield (hours: 3,300)
- 120 volt GFCI outlets all new (2017)
- 50 amp and 30 amp shore inlets, TV/phone inlet (2017) with 50 amp shore cord (2017)
- LED lighting (2017)
ELECTRONICS and NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT
- Garmin 7610 10" touchscreen GPS, chartplotter, radar, AIS (2017) (inside)
- Garmin 7612xsv 12" touchscreen GPS, chartplotter, radar, AIS (2017) (outside)
- Garmin 24" digital radar dome (2017)
- Garmin autopilot (all new components) (2017)
- Garmin autopilot wireless remote (2017)
- ICOM VHF IC-M506 (2017)
ENGINE / MECHANICAL EQUIPMENT
The engine room was completely stripped, repainted and rewired, with all new SoundDown insulation and LED lighting (2017).
- Perkins 6-354 diesel, 135 hp @ 2,800 rpm (Rebuilt 2017. Hours: 20 since rebuild)
- Borg Warner hyd trans 2.57 ratio rebuilt 2017 (20 hrs)
- PYI dripless shaft seal (2017)
- Aquamet 22 S.S. 1-1/2" shaft
- Yacht Specialties steering with new sprockets, chain, sheaves and wire rope (2017)
- Racor fuel filters (2) main/(1) gen (2017) both with new bronze fuel manifolds, and new lines
- 3-blade fixed Michigan bronze propeller (2017)
- Spare folding 3-blade Max Prop
- Sea Recovery Aqua Whisper water maker
- Seafrost AC/DC refrigeration system
- (2) Cruiseair air conditioning units
- Side Power 24 volt bow thruster with proportional control (2017)
- New cutlass bearings (2017)
- Shaft Shark line cutter (2017)
- Fresh water pressure pump (2017)
- Bilge pumps and shower sumps (2017)
- (2) CruiseAir 16,000 BTU reverse-cycle heating/air conditioning
- 12-gallon S.S. hot water heater (2017)
- Sea Recovery Aqua Whisper II 450-1800 water maker
- Halon fire extinguisher system (new, 2017)
- Holding tank with overboard and on deck pump-out (New tank and hoses, 2017)
- Bronze Perko/Groco thru-hulls for toilets and sinks (2017)
- Bronze Groco raw water strainers for engine, generator, AC, fridge and toilets (2017)
- Foil-lined SoundDown insulation in engine and generator rooms (2017)
- 12 volt saltwater deck washdown with new deck spigot
- 12 volt freshwater deck washdown with new deck spigot
- (3) Groco K-H bronze toilets with plumbing etc. (2017)
- (2) Manual bilge pumps
HULL and CONSTRUCTION
Hull is hand-laid fiberglass with 1" Airex core from the waterline up. In high-stress areas there is solid fiberglass with extra laminations of mat and roving. Airex-cored hull stringers are integrated with engine mounts and mast step. Topsides are Light Grey Awlgrip with Cordavan Gold cove, and Flag Blue boot top, all new (2017). Pettit Vivid Green bottom (2017).
Centerboard configuration offers a minimum draft of 6’-6” with board up and a maximum draft of 12’-6” with board down.
DECK and DECK EQUIPMENT
- The deck is cored with 3/4" Klegecell and solid in stress areas, set in a 7-1/2" flange and bonded to hull with fiberglass and bolted on 8" centers.
- Deck paint (all new Awlgrip, 2017) Moon Dust non-skid with Snow White cabin, cockpit etc.
- Varnished teak toe rails, hand rails, drip rails, hatches and dorade boxes (stripped and new varnish 2017)
- All woodwork, including toe rails, kept covered with new (2017) custom navy Sunbrella covers
- Varnished companionway boards and hatch screens with dedicated storage
- Painted rubrail with new solid back stainless all around (2017)
- Custom main dodger of navy Sunbrella, with leather-wrapped grab rail (2017)
- Custom aft dodger, navy Sunbrella with leather (2017)
- Stainless steel lifelines replaced (2017)
- Stainless steel bow pulpit
- Hinckley stainless steel bow roller
- Lewmar 12 volt anchor windlass (2015)
- Blue Seas 75 CQR stainless steel anchor (2017) with 250 ft. 3/8” high tensile chain (2017)
- 55 lb. Fortress anchor (spare)
- Custom helmsman’s seat, new paint and varnish with new navy Sunbrella custom cover
- Side gates
- Swim ladder
- Scandvik saltwater deck wash outlet (2017)
- Scandvik freshwater deck wash outlet (2017)
- All exterior hardware, deck plates, hinges etc. and dorades re-chromed (2017)
- New pedestal guard at helm with built-in Garmin, Side Power thruster and autopilot controls (2017)
- Faria engine instrument panel in cockpit (2017)
- New step for helm (2017)
- Leather-wrapped wheel (2017)
- Custom stainless steel Kato Marine radar mount on mast
- Lewmar and spin lock line stoppers on mast and cockpit
- Emergency steering access with tiller
- Flag/varnished staff
SAILS and RIGGING
- Double spreader aluminum mast (2010) painted Matterhorn White (2017)
- Leisure Furl in-boom mainsail furling boom (2015)
- Navtec standing rigging
- Harken roller furling with new navy Sunbrella cover for headsail
- Navtec hydraulic backstay and boom vang with new hydraulic pumps for both (2017)
- Navy Sunbrella mainsail cover for boom (2017)
- All new running rigging (2017)
- All mast wiring replaced new (2017)
- All new Aqua Signal running and nav lights replaced (2017)
All winches were completely serviced with new bearing races (2017).
- Lewmar #50 ST electric mainsheet winch, also used for centerboard (2017)
- (2) Lewmar 48 ST halyard winches
- (2) Lewmar 68 ST electric primary winches (2014)
- Barient #36 ST electric furling winch
- (2) Barient 36 ST secondary winch
- Pirana fully-battened leisure furl main (like-new condition)
- Pirana 100% furling genoa (like-new condition)
- Teak cockpit table
- All fire extinguishers certified (2017)
- (4) Fenders with navy fleece covers (2017)
- (4) Dock lines (2017)
- Life jackets
The owner’s personal effects are excluded from the sale.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Wellington Yacht Partners
Little Compton, RI, United States
West Palm Beach, FL, United States
Portsmouth, RI, United States
Portsmouth, RI, United States