- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 425,000
SEQUOIA is a beautiful, built-for-voyaging sailing vessel. Designed and engineered to cruise in style, comfort and safety, she is easily handled by a small crew. Her mainsail has in-boom furling and her headsails are roller furling. Her high-spec steel hull and protected cockpit/pilothouse offer rugged security rarely matched in a sailboat of her genre. Add SEQUOIA’s shoal draft, keel-centerboard underbody and upwind sailing performance, and you have what in total is a remarkable vessel. In short, SEQUOIA was conceived with a purpose, has been nicely cared for, and is a unique and special offshore sailboat with a proven record.
Please contact Wellington Yacht Partners at (401) 683-6070
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Arlo W. Nish
Designer: Thomas Wylie
Flag of Registry: United States
LOA: 69 ft 0 in
Beam: 17 ft 10 in
LWL: 53 ft 2 in
Length on Deck: 65 ft 0 in
Minimum Draft: 6 ft 6 in
Displacement: 66000 lbs
Total Power: 140 HP
Engine Brand: Detroit
Year Built: 1985
Engine Model: 4-71
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 3760
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Engine Power: 140 HP
Cruising Speed: 7 knots
Maximum Speed: 8 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: (1000 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (1000 Gallons)
Number of twin berths: 6
Number of double berths: 1
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 2
Total Liferaft Capacity: 6
ACCOMMODATIONS and LAYOUT
Center cockpit configuration with three private staterooms, full-width main salon, galley, navigation station and two heads with stall showers.
The OWNER’S STATEROOM, aft, has a queen-sized berth to port that refits to a double, and a single berth to starboard, both with lee cloths. There is a Corian sink with mirror and vanity to starboard, forward of the single berth. The forward bulkhead is detailed with built-in drawer storage, a TV area and a large hanging locker. There is abundant storage in additional lockers, drawers, shelves and cabinets. Numerous ports, deck prisms and two large opening hatches to the aft deck provide natural light and ventilation.
The ensuite OWNER’S HEAD has a full stall shower, Jabsco electric head, sink and vanity with Corian countertop and teak sole.
Forward to port, in the vestibule to the owner’s stateroom, is a very large locker with an additional storage locker outboard. This area is plumbed and wired for washer/dryer.
In the passageway forward of the OWNER’S STATEROOM, inboard below the cockpit, is a WORKSHOP with full standing headroom, workbench, vise and storage for tools and spares. Engine access from the area provides for easy daily checks to the engine room and machinery.
The NAVIGATION STATION is to port of the companionway, with full-sized chart desk and all electronics.
The U-shaped GALLEY is to starboard of the companionway. Designed for offshore use, the GALLEY offers easy access to both the salon dining area and the cockpit.
- Corian countertops
- Force 10 3-burner S/S propane stove with oven/broiler and propane sniffer
- Farberware electric convection oven
- 110V Microwave oven
- Stainless steel double sink (oversized)
- Very large top-loading Tecumseh refrigerator with custom refrigeration system
- Very large top-loading built-in freezer in aft passageway with custom refrigeration system
- Toaster oven, coffee maker, knife sharpener, cutlery, dishes etc.
- Abundant counter and cabinet space
- Bulkhead-mounted glass rack and spice rack
- Hot and cold pressure fresh water
- Countertop fiddles
The MAIN SALON is amidships, full width. To starboard is a very large U-shaped dinette around a custom table which seats up to ten. Outboard to starboard is a comfortable pilot berth. Forward to port is a full bar, with glass and bottle storage. Immediately aft of this area is the TV/VCR/DVD stereo with 40 watt CD/cassette, tuner and dual-station speakers. Outboard to port is a settee with storage behind. The entire GALLEY/SALON area is finished in the Herreshoff style with white painted bulkheads and varnished trim with a varnished teak and holly cabin sole. There is a Paul Luke soapstone fireplace to keep the interior warm and cozy.
Forward of the MAIN SALON, to starboard, is a GUEST STATEROOM with over/under single berths, Corian sink, vanity and mirror, drawer and cabinet storage, opening hatch with a S/S ladder for access to the mid deck, prism for natural lighting and access to a shared, large hanging and storage locker. The SECOND GUEST STATEROOM is fully forward with over/under berths, desk, vanity and mirror, opening hatch to the foredeck, drawer, cabinet and locker stowage with door access to the chain locker forward and storage.
Aft to port is the GUEST HEAD with a Jabsco electric head and stall shower, molded Corian sink and vanity, linen locker, opening port and complete holding tank system.
The COCKPIT/WHEELHOUSE is completely covered with (3) Bomar Lexan hatches. This is a large and comfortable area that can accommodate 10-12 people. The wheel and controls are aft, on a S/S pedestal with custom drink rack and folding teak table attached. All sheets and lines lead to the helm area, with electric winches rendering the yacht extremely easy to handle. Forward on the coachroof are repeaters for all electronics, with a solid Lexan all-weather windscreen forward. Side curtains can enclose the entire area, leaving excellent 360-degree visibility.
- 110V Alternator run from main engine
- Isuzu 3/RA-77, 27 hp, generator and power take off to produce 110V, 24V and 12V. Approximately 12 kW generation with Keel Cooler of 75 gallon 50/50 anti-freeze. Fuel burn at ¾-1 gallon per hour. Full top-to-bottom rebuild by Isuzu 10/2013
- 12/24V DC systems
- 24V DL inverter 5000 watt (2010)
- All new batteries (2013)
- 80’/ 50 amp shore power cord; (2) 30 amp shore cords
- Momentary switch to allow use of all 12V start and navigation banks to allow for emergency start
- (2) 50 Hz/230V AC in main salon – Euro hookup
- (2) 60 Hz/110V AC at main salon/forward stateroom 12 k and AC 8k BTU aft stateroom – US hookup
- Mastervolt 60 amp 24v battery charger 60/50 Hz (2012)
- Mastervolt 50 amp 12v battery charger 60/50 Hz (2012)
ELECTRONICS and NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT
- Furuno 48 nm radar with open array, mounted on aft mast (new 2014)
- (2) Furuno GPS units
- (2) PC chart plotters
- Standard Horizon VHF
- Com Nav auto-pilot (new 2013)
- Robertson back-up autopilot
- Raymarine depth sounder
- Wind instruments
- CD player with (2) speakers in main salon and (2) speakers in cockpit
- (2) TV/DVD/VCRs
- Detroit, Model: 4/71 engine, 140 hp (3,760 hours/160 since major overhaul)
- Paul Luke 3-blade feathering propeller
- Twin disc transmission with hydraulic power take off
- Halon fixed fire system in engine room
- Engine alarms
- Bilge alarm system
- 40 gallon-per-hour custom watermaker
- Eberspacher diesel 2-zone hot water cabin heater, which also heats the towel bars in the heads
HULL and CONSTRUCTION
Welded steel hull with stainless steel bulwarks and on-deck waterways. Laid teak decks on fiberglass were reconditioned in 2009. Interior of hull is insulated with foam for high-latitude cruising. SEQUOIA has a roomy pilothouse with hardtop, 360-degree visibility. Bench seating around the helm accommodates family and friends. In bad weather, removable Eisenglas/canvas panels can be unrolled and lowered to seal the pilothouse sides and aft archway entirely. Deck and cabin tops are unusually free of unnecessary obstacles. Port lights and pilot house/hard dodger windscreen windows are Lexan. Her centerboard configuration offers a minimum of 6’-6” with board up and a maximum of 13’ with board down.
- Custom S/S anchor launcher and chain raceway
- Custom remote S/S hydraulic drum winch below deck, with remote deck switches
- 75# CQR with 350’ of 3/8” HT chain
- 60# CQR with 250’ of ¾” nylon and 100' of chain
- 75# Danforth anchor
- 55# Danforth anchor
- 350” of 1-3/8” nylon yacht braid
- Fresh or salt water washdown on bow
- 6-man offshore canister life raft, mounted at mast
- (6) S/S ventilators and dorades
- 12’6” AB with console and seat, mounted on 1000# load S/S davits, with full cover
- Custom stern gangway/passerelle and boarding ladder
- Hot/cold outside shower, aft
- Extra-large storage lazarette with (2) Lexan hatches
- Full-length, three piece, heavy duty boat cover from top of boom to waterline
- Full-length Sunbrella awnings
SAILS and RIGGING
Sails: (All roller furling)
- North main sail (2005) with custom Profurl roller boom main in excellent condition
- #2 Roller furl high-cut with white sunshade
- Staysail/roller furl (re-cut 2005) with white sunshade
- Standing and running rigging (renewed in 2004 and 2005)
- Hydraulic main backstay from cockpit
- Hydraulic boom vang from cockpit
- Electric-winch furling main boom
- Mast-mounted reaching pole
- Primary electric sheet winches and secondary sheet winches
HISTORY and COMMENTS
SEQUOIA was conceived by her owner, drawing from prior experience on offshore sailing vessels designed by the Alden and Sparkman & Stephens. With this experience, he reached out to the well-known and creative California yacht designer, Thomas Wylie, to create this rugged yet beautiful sailing vessel.
SEQUOIA was launched in the mid 80’s as SAGA, and sailed around the world. Her present owners acquired her in the early 2000’s. In the 2005/7 time frame she underwent an extensive refit with subsequent upgrades, and has again fulfilled her mission statement by traveling around the world. For the past two seasons, SEQUOIA has been cruising the Adriatic and is now in Fort Lauderdale, ready for new owners and new adventures.
The owner's personal effects are excluded from the sale.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Wellington Yacht Partners
Stuart, FL, United States
Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States
New England Boatworks
Hood Custom Expedition
Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States
Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States
Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States
Sarasota, FL, United States