- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- KEMAH, TX
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 239,900
Powerful Oversized Bow Thruster
Hard Top Pilothouse
All Sails Are Furling
Hydraulic Furlers For Main, Genoa And Staysail
15KW Westerbeke Generator
240VAC, 120VAC & 24VDC Ships Power
Mast Steps to Top of Mast
RIB Dinghy & Motor With Davits
Large Front & Top Opening Galley Fridge – Large Beverage Fridge – Freezer
Instant Cold Drinking Water System
3 Heads With Electric Commodes – 2 Bathtubs
524 Gallon Fuel & 200 Gallon Water Capacity
20 Gallon Per Hour Watermaker
Maxwell 3500 Electric Windlass (2014)
121 Pound Rocna Anchor
Brand New Furling Genoa, Mizzen and Mule Sails (October 2016)
Engine Driven Emergency Bilge Pump
Built to Lloyds of London Specs
CALL FOR AN APPOINTMENT!!
The highly respected and renowned Camper & Nicholsons yard has been producing high quality yachts and mega yachts since their inception in 1863. They quickly gained the reputation for building extremely long-lasting yachts that combine elegance, speed and excellent sea-keeping performance.
The 58 foot Dances with Dragons is a wonderful testament to C & N’s yacht-building prowess. She is a definite head-turner with gorgeous lines. The hard top pilothouse/dodger extends well aft into the cockpit for protection from the elements and blends in perfectly with her overall profile.
Dances with Dragons just returned from a circumnavigation—much of it single handed. The owner reports glowingly of her performance, comfort and safety at sea. She is set up for short-handed cruising with all furling sails, hydraulic furlers, hydraulic Lewmar ST65 self-tailing primary winches, powerful Vetus bow thruster and an excellent cockpit with integrated pilothouse. She has a 524 gallon fuel capacity and her electrical system is versatile with 24VDC, 240VAC and 120VAC ships power. She has solar panels, a 15KW generator and a high capacity watermaker.
Her cutter/ketch rig, along with a furling mule sail, provides excellent sail versatility for any weather thrown her way.
Don’t miss out on this rare opportunity to own this fine offshore cruising machine. Dances with Dragons is a lot more boat than her price indicates. The owner says if he decides to "go around" again, this is definitely the boat he would want to do it in. Come and see Dances with Dragons for yourself—before the owner succumbs to the lure of the sea and decides to take her around the world again.
Please call for an appointment.
Contact the listing broker
Paul Stehfest 903-401-9049 Paul@HSHyachts.com
Contact the listing broker for additional information, photos, or if you have any questions about this listing.
Want to sell your boat? I'm always looking for clean, quality listings. Contact me for a free, professional, personalized market evaluation.
Please contact Paul Stehfest at 903-401-9049
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Dances With Dragons
LOA: 57 ft 7 in
Beam: 15 ft 7 in
LWL: 46 ft 11 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 6 in
Displacement: 53025 lbs
Ballast: 20000 lbs
Total Power: 120 HP
Engine Brand: Mercedes Benz
Engine Model: OM-352
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 120 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (200 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (524 Gallons)
Engine & Mechanical
- Main Engine: 120 HP Mercedes Benz OM-352 (fires up instantly)
- Racor fuel filter / water separator for main
- Emergency engine driven bilge pump
- Engine driven refrigeration compressor (disconnected: Compressor works but needs clutch rebuilt)
- Walk-in shop with tool chests adjacent to engine and genset
- Over-sized Vetus 3 blade bow thruster
- 15 KW Westerbeke generator
- Racor fuel filter / water separator for genset
- SeaRecovery 20 gallon per hour watermaker
- Two 16,000 BTU air conditioners
- Huge AC refrigerator with holding plates in galley with front opening door and 3 openings on top
- Instant ice-cold water faucett for drinking
- Large AC front opening fridge (beer/drinks) with holding plate to port of companionway
- AC Top access deep freezer with holding plate to port of companionway outboard of day fridge
Note: The refrigeration system can also be run off of an engine driven compressor which is in place but the belt is disconnected. The compressor works but needs a new clutch.
- Halon fire suppression system with control NOT HOOKED UP
- Fuel: 524 gallons
- Water: 200 gallons
- Westerbeke 15 KW generator
- 240VAC & 120VAC systems with outlets for both
- 240VAC & 120VAC Panels with breakers and indicator lights
- 24VDC system
- Constavolt A40-40-24V
- Constavolt LaMarche Charge Divider CD40-40/60-12/32 N3
- 24V Panel with breakers and indicator lights
- Two 80 Watt solar panels
- 8 Trojan T145 Deep Cycle lead acid house batteries
- 2 Starting batteries
- Batteries can be equalized from within ships power even if away from the dock
- 50 amp shore power system
- 30 amp shore power system
- Cable/phone hookup
- Raymarine ST7000 autopilot
- Garmin Radar (not installed) but can go with the boat
- ICOM M802 SSB with new ICOM 140 auto tuner
- ICOM 422 at companionway
- Plath compass
- Sony AM/FM Cassette Stereo
- Flat screen TV
NOTE: There are numerous electronics on the vessel that did not work when the owner purchased the boat. He did not need them so he did not repair or replace them and he does not intend to do so. He circumnavigated shorthanded (and then some) using the electronics that were important to him. The next owner can choose to replace or not.
The Camper & Nicholson 58 is a beautifully laid out center cockpit yacht with superb joinery throughout.
There is a Master Stateroom Aft & 3 Additional Staterooms Forward
Port Forward Stateroom is forward of the main salon and the main bulkhead is a cabin with upper and lower berths and its own ensuite head with tub/shower, electric commode and exhaust fan. The head is finished in ceramic tile. There is a bulkhead on centerline that is removable to open the port and starboard forward staterooms up into one large area. The upper berth can be raised up and out of the way with the bottom of the berth becoming the face of the storage area. This is a very quick and easy conversion.
Starboard Forward Stateroom is forward of the main salon a cabin with upper and lower berths and its own ensuite head with shower, electric commode and exhaust fan. The head is finished in ceramic tile. There is a bulkhead on centerline that is removable to open the port and starboard forward staterooms up into one large area. The upper berth can be quickly and easily raised up and out of the way with the bottom of the berth becoming the face of the storage area.
Further forward, is another Stateroom with a large V-Berth. The original yacht finish joiner work still looks great. There is access to the anchor chain forward and there are steps that lead to the overhead hatch.
Just forward of the galley is an expansive forward-facing Nav Station with plenty of room for electronics and a large nav seat area than very comfortably accommodate 2 adults.
The Main Salon is forward of the companionway with a large U-shaped dining area to port. The table can be lowered for more sleeping area and there is an extra leaf for the table when needed. There is an office-size day fridge convenient for cold drinks and a deep freezer behind. There is a very attractive bar to display your beverages of choice.
Galley: The galley runs along the starboard side forward of the aft stateroom and makes a U shape adjacent to the companionway and the main salon. The galley is equipped with a very large refrigration area, triple SS sinks, instant cold water, convection/microwave oven, 3 burner propane stove with oven, and plenty of storage for dishes and food. There is a second refrigerator, bar area, and deep freezer on the port side of the salon. The galley counter tops are all finished in ceramic tile.
A large Generator / Tool Room is to port of the companionway and aft of the salon houses the 15kw Westerbeke generator, Hydraulic pump, port side engine access, tool chests, spares, work area, etc. This is a full walk-in, stand up area.
The Master Stateroom is aft with a queen berth and a large C-shaped seating area. A sitting area/vanity with mirror faces forward. The aft stateroom has its own dedicated private head to port and forward of the master berth. It is equipped with a tub/shower, electric commode, & exhaust fan. The head is finished in ceramic tile. There is an abundance of storage in draws, cabinets, and a large hanging locker.
Sails & Sail Handling Equipment
Cutter / Ketch rigged with a "mule" between the mizzen mast and the main mast.
- Rondal Hydraulic roller furling mainsail
- Rondal Hydraulic roller furling genoa (NEW October 2016)
- Rondal Hydraulic roller furling for staysail
- Roller Furling Mizzen (New October 2016)
- Profurl Electric Roller Furling Mule (motor needs repair but sail can be furled) Mule sail new October 2016
- Seaway hydraulic rigid boom vang
- (2) Spinnaker poles stored on mast
- Reaching strut
- Steps on main mast all the way to top
- Teak halyard tail box forward of main mast
Lewmar Winches on Mast
- Lewmar 48ST (1)
- Lewmar 40ST (2)
- Lewmar 46ST (2)
- Lewmar 40ST (2) to port & starboard at base of mast
- Primary Lewmar 65ST Hydraulic (2)
- Secondary Lewmar 48ST (2)
- Mainsheet winch Lewmar 46ST
- Main outhaul winch Lewmar 48ST
- Roller Furling In Mast Mainsail
- Roller Furling Mizzen (New October 2016)
- Roller Furling 130% Genoa (New October 2016)
- Roller Furling Staysail
- Roller Furling Mule Sail (New October 2016)
- Asymmetrical spinnaker
- Hard dodger/pilothouse extends for ample protection, large windows around, large opening window forward for ventilation and large overhead window for sail trim inspection
- Deck hatches are extra heavy duty offshore hatches
- Huge storage locker aft
- Large center cockpit with tile top table and hard top pilothouse
- Mast steps to top of mast
- Granny bars at mast
- TV antenna on mast
- Tri-color nav light at top of mast
- Radar reflector
- Twin down-wind poles mounted on mast
- Reaching strut
- Stern rail seats
- Stair-stepped teak bow pulpit seats comfortable when under way and facitlitates easy boarding & deboarding if moored bow-in to pier
- Heavy duty Simpson stainless steel dinghy davits
- Teak decks in excellent condition
- Stern boarding/swim ladder
- European style boarding ladder/ramp
- Horseshoe throw buoy
- Valet style life raft (assume it needs to be recertified)
- 10' Mercury RIB dinghy
- Tohatsu 9.8 HP 4 stroke outboard
- Heavy duty Maxwell 3500 Windlass with chain gypsy and rope drum (2014)
- 121 Pound Rocna anchor with 350' of chain
- Two Bruce anchors
- Stainless steel double bow roller
The huge galley is a chef's dream come true--a well executed design and very well-appointed.
- Gimballed 3 burner propane stove with oven
- Built-in Sharpe convection oven / microwave
- Polished stainless steel triple sink with 2 large sinks on either side and a smaller raised sink in the center--excellent set up
- Instant cold water faucett for drinking water
- Huge fridge with cold plates and 3 top openings as well as a front opening door
- An additional large fridge with a cold plate and a front opening door is to port of the galley
- A deep freezer with cold plate is outboard of the second fridge to port.
- A very attractive liquor cabinet is above the second fridge and freezer
- Copious amounts of counter space both at sink level as well as a raised bar-type counter with fiddles. Counters are tiled and very attractive
- Storage above entire length of counter
- Dances with Dragons was built to the highest of standards by Camper & Nicholsons and like all Camper & Nicholsons, she was certified by Lloyds of London. The joinery work was top notch and there are an abundance of bulkheads throughout to add to her stiffness and seaworthiness.
- As stated in the electronics section, there are numerous electronics on the vessel that did not work when the current owner purchased the boat. He did not need them so he did not repair or replace them and he does not intend to do so. He circumnavigated shorthanded (and then some) using the electronics that were important to him. The next owner can choose to replace or not.
- There are spares, parts, backups, etc. as to be expected on a boat of this nature.
- She was originally designed with a centerboard which has since been glassed over in the up position. This can be reversed should the next owner desire the centerboard to function. She performed great without the use of the centerboard on her circumnavigation.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from HSH Yacht Sales
50 Center Cockpit
Kemah, TX, United States
Out Island 51
Seabrook, TX, United States
LEAGUE CITY, TX, United States
Key West, FL, United States
Unknown, United States
Bermuda 40 MKII
Kemah, TX, United States