- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Cataumet, MA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 85,000
If you're looking to sail locally or go south for the winter, Windigo will take you any distance in comfort and style! Her attractive Ted Hood design stands out in any harbor, and her Aristo Blue AWLGrip hull, double white boot stripe, gold cove stripe and white canvas, gives her a classic nautical look.
For cruising, she offers a keel/centerboard for shallow gunkholing and an auto pilot for working sails while in route. While at anchor, enjoy the comfort of a full set of cockpit cushions, a meal from the well equipped galley, and a well vented cabin, which accommodates a crew of 5+ comfortably.
Currently, Windigo is stored on land, with a new 2017 winter canvas cover. The canvas door provides access, so Windigo can be shown at anytime.
Please contact Parker's Boat Yard at (508) 563-9366
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 38 ft 3 in
Beam: 12 ft 1 in
LWL: 30 ft 7 in
Minimum Draft: 4 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 10 ft 3 in
Headroom: 6 ft 4 in
Total Power: 44 HP
Engine Brand: Universal
Year Built: 1984
Engine Model: 5444
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 1950
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 44 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 2 Stainless steel (45 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 1 Aluminum (36 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1
Hull: Hand lay-up with alternate layers of mat and woven roving. Three-inch flange integrally molded below the top edge to receive the deck.
Deck: Hand lay-up with mat, cloth and balsa core
Centerboard: Fiberglass with lead ballast, steel rods and bronze pin through fiberglass pipe; stainless wire runs along bronze sheaves in fiberglass casing and stainless pipe to centerboard winch on cabin house.
- Topsides painted with AWLGrip products in 2002; Aristo Blue with double white boot and gold cove stripes.
- Hi teak toe rails with center chocks, teak cockpit coaming, and fiberglass with teak top dorade vent boxes.
- Stainless steel bow piece with anchor roller and line chocks; opening anchor locker at bow
- Six opening ports, four fixed ports (replaced Lexan and rebed in 2012) and two opening deck hatches
- Nine bronze seacocks (serviced in 2013).
The cockpit includes pedestal wheel steering and plenty of storage: the starboard cockpit locker is shallow and provides easy access to sail ties, winch handles, etc.; the port cockpit locker is deep and provides storage for fenders, dock lines and larger items, as well as access to the engine compartment. Storage for two propane tanks is located under the starboard cockpit seat.
As you step into the cabin, the chart table, followed by the quarterberth is to starboard, and the U-shapped galley is to port. The teak and holly sole and teak interior woodwork create a cozy cabin feeling and the Victory kerosene fired cabin heater takes the chill off when cruising in the fall. The fiberglass interior cabintop makes for easy cleaning.
The galley includes a stainless steel icebox with Sea Frost refrigeration, a Shipmate 3-burner propane stove with oven, and a double stainless steel sink with hot and cold pressure water.
There are port and starboard settees midship; both convert to a roomy single berth and have a lee cloth. A drop leaf table, which has center storage for bottles and silverware stands between the settees.
Following the settee to port is the head, which has a manual toilet with holding tank, vanity sink, and fiberglass shower with hot and cold pressure water. There are two opening ports in the head and two doors for privacy; one opening to the V-berth and one opening to the main salon.
Opposite the head to starboard are two closets and drawers below for storage.
The water system includes a 12-volt pump with two stainless steel water tanks and a Raritan 6 gallon hot water tank. One water tank is located under the V-berth and another is located under the cabin sole; both total +/- 100 gallons.
The V-berth has a large berth with a pullman style seat to starboard. There is also a filler V cushion, which fits over the pullman seat to make a fuller, double berth. The v-berth's teak siding and the cane sliding doors on the storage cabinetry, add to Windigo's yachting appeal and the opening hatch provides plenty of ventilation and natural light.
Rigging, Sails, Canvas
- Aluminum mast, keel stepped
- Hood Sea Furl System at bow
- Stainless steel wire standing rigging; chainplates were rebedded in 2017
- Wire to rope halyards and braided line for running rigging
- Stainless steel bow and stern rails. connected with double lifelines through stainless steel stanchions
- Main sail with Dutchman System and canvas sail cover
- Jib 90%
- Genoa 130%
- Cruising Spinnaker, lightly used
- Sunbrella dodger, new 2017
- Lewmar #55 two speed, self tailing for headsail sheet lines, port and starboard
- Lewmar #40 two speed, self tailing for mainsail sheet line, on cabin top
- Lewmar #42 two speed for headsail halyard, on mast
- Lewmar #40 two speed for mainsail halyard, on mast
- Stainless Steel centerboard winch on cabin top
- Miller Canvas winter cover, new 2017
Engine and Fuel System
Universal, 4 cylinder, model #5444, 44hp Diesel, fresh water cooled. Newer engine panel reads 877 hours; total hours estimated to be 1950.
In 2006 the engine was removed, cleaned and painted. The propeller shaft, cutless bearing and engine hoses were replaced.
The engine is located under the cockpit bridge deck, with access from the companionway steps, a side panel in the quarterberth, and a side panel in the deep cockpit locker.
One rectangular fuel tank is located under the cockpit (+/- 36 gallons).
Engine room vented with exhaust blower.
- Two Deka EPD904D 12v HD Batteries for 12-volt DC system (New Sept 2014)
- Weems & Plath AutoMAC Alternator Control
- Shore Power 110v System with power cord
- Electrical Panel with breakers and meters
Electronics and Navigation Equipment
- Ritchie Pedestal compass
- Sea Ranger SR9901 VHF Radio
- Garmin GPSmap 3205
- Furuno Radar with stern pole
- Autohelm Autopilot ST400
- Datamarine Corinthian S100LK Speed/Distance
- Datamarine Corinthian S200DL Depth
- Datamarine Wind Speed and Direction
- LED 360 degree anchor light at top of Mast
- Pioneer AM/FM/CD Player Stereo System
- CQR Anchor with chain to rope rode
- Auxiliary Danforth anchor
- Swim ladder on stern rail
- Teak cockpit table
- Fenders and dock lines
- Boat hook
- Shore power cord
- Horseshoe life ring
- Outboard bracket
- Harness with bow to stern tether line
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Parker's Boat Yard, Inc
Cataumet, MA, United States