1983 Windship center cockpit
- View Full Specifications
Ideal Blue Water Cruiser
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Marathon - Fl Keys, FL
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 279,000
- Sale Pending
SLEEPS 8 IN FOUR PRIVATE CABINS – WITH 3 EN-SUITE BATHS
HUGE MASTER SUITE AFT – WITH PRIVATE BATH AND LOTS OF STORAGE
3 GUEST STATEROOMS FORWARD – PLUS 2 MORE HEADS AND SHOWERS
LARGE – COMFORTABLE MAIN SALON – BRIGHT AND AIRY
FULLY AIR CONDITIONED – 3 SEPARATE ZONES
DEPENDABLE CATERPILLAR ENGINE – LONG RANGE W/1000 GAL FUEL TANK – PLUS 20 KW GENERATOR
SEPARATE UTILITY/STORAGE ROOM
FULL ELECTRONICS PACKAGE
COMPLETE GALLEY WITH EXTENDED COUNTER SPACE
LARGE CENTER COCKPIT WITH HARD BIMINI TOP – CAN BE COMPLETELY ENCLOSED
HUGE AFT DECK FOR SUN BATHING – OR LOUNGING
OPEN FOREDECK WITH GOOD ACCESS FROM COCKPIT, AND EXCELLENT SPACE FOR HANDLING LINES OR GROUND TACKLE
HYDRAULIC TENDER PLATFORM AFT – DOUBLES AS SWIM PLATFORM
CENTERBOARD VESSEL – SHALLOW DRAFT WITH BOARD UP – DEEP DRAFT FOR OFFSHORE SAILING PERFORMANCE
Built in Florida, this vessel is a beautiful, fast, and incredibly comfortable blue water cruising yacht. From her spacious cockpit with a custom hard cover to her luxurious accommodations below decks, she is perfectly suited to entertaining guests in comfort and style, whether in a quite anchorages or crossing oceans.
The Windship 63 is a masthead cutter rig, with a sail area to the displacement of 16.34. With center board down she is stable and fast on all points of sail. Her Caterpillar 3208 diesel engine and variable pitch propeller will push her along at 8-10 knots. Whether sailing or motoring, she is a dream to operate!
This particular yacht is priced well below market value. Please call the listing broker to set up an appointment to see HER.
Contact Jeff Sorgen for more information.Office: (954) 763-3971Cell: (954) 224-8291Email: Jeff@DenisonYachtSales.com
Please contact Jeff Sorgen at 954.224.8291
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 71 ft 0 in
Beam: 17 ft 0 in
Total Power: 220 HP
Engine Brand: Caterpillar
Engine Model: 3208
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 3300
Engine Power: 220 HP
Number of cabins: 4
Number of heads: 3
Designed by Bill Wellington
LOA: 71 feet
LWL: 54 feet
Beam: 17 feet
Draft: 5’ 8” (minimum-Centerboard up)
13’ (maximum- Centerboard down)
Displacement: 70,000 lbs.
Ballast: 26,000 lbs.
Fuel: 1000 gal -total in 4 tanks
Water: 600 gal – total in 3 tanks
Holding in 2 tanks
Engine: Caterpillar 3208 diesel -220 HP ( 3300 hrs)
Generator: Northern Lights 20 KW ( 1600 hrs)
Sleeps 8 in 4 staterooms, 3 with queen beds, 1 with over/under berths; 3 baths, all with stall showers en-suite and all have Vacu-Flush Heads. Additional sleeping accommodations in Main Salon for 2-4 people
Master Stateroom The Master Stateroom features a centerline queen berth, permitting easy access on either side; the head & stall shower are en- suite to starboard. A vanity, porcelain sink, bureau drawers & cedar lined hanging lockers are forward and opposite of the berth. There is also a flat screened TV, DVD and a settee.
Guest Stateroom, Forward VIP Features include queen berth; curved settee; large vanity with porcelain sink & head w/stall shower en- suite. There is a cedar lined hanging locker, book shelves and drawers for storage. Opening side ports provide light and ventilation.
Guest Stateroom, Midship Port Features include queen V-berth; head with sink & stall shower en- suite; settee. There is a cedar lined, hanging locker, book shelves and drawers for storage. Opening side ports provide light and ventilation.
Guest Stateroom, Midship Starboard Features include upper and lower berths; porcelain sink and vanity. There is a hanging locker and drawers for storage. Opening side ports provide light and ventilation.
VESSEL WALK THROUGH
From the companionway, the vast main salon in gorgeous teak opens out with an L-shaped settee to starboard, forward of the navigation station and chart table. To port is another L-shaped settee with a large folding leaf inlaid teak table.
The enormous galley is set to port aft of the main salon. It features a large top opening freezer, double ceramic sinks, an electric 3 burner stove and oven, a full-size refrigerator, and microwave oven.
Moving past the galley one enters the owner's spacious and beautifully appointed stateroom. A king-size center-line bed beneath four transom port lights sits between beautifully finished teak cabinets and multi-level shelving with brass keeper rods. The ample hanging lockers are cedar lined, and again, beautifully finished. There is a large vanity sink with mirror set on the forward bulkhead, and to starboard is the head, with Vacu-flush toilet and separate shower compartment.
Moving through the Main Salon, The companionway leading from the salon to the cockpit is in the center of the aft bulkhead. On the starboard side of the companionway is the Navigation Station with all the latest equipment (see "Electronics and Navigation" for equipment list). Portside is a Bar with ice-maker.
The walk-in Workroom is accessed just Starbd of the companionway to the cockpit. In the workroom are storage boxes, room for washer-dryer and the main AC power panel. When you first enter the workroom area, you will find counter space. Forward of the box storage area is the main electrical 120-volt panel (which was totally upgraded). The centerline, walk-in, Engine Room is entered from the workroom through an insulated door
Forward of the main salon down a hallway to starboard is the crew cabin with double bunk berths. There is also a sink and plenty of storage. Forward of the crew cabin also to starboard is a large head with Vacu-flush toilet and separate shower enclosure.
To port is a large and well-appointed guest stateroom that has a double bed and a vanity sink with mirror, as well as an en-suite head with Vacu-flush head and separate shower enclosure. Once again, the cabinets and shelving are beautifully finished, and a large mirror on the bulkhead gives the room a light and spacious feel.
The second guest stateroom is all the way forward. It has a double bed and like the other staterooms, it has cedar lined hanging lockers and beautifully finished teak on walls and storage areas, as well as bookshelves that hold a small library.
There is teak and holly on the exposed floor surfaces
The entire yacht is designed with 6 opening deck hatches and approximately 22 opening side ports, which combined provide excellent natural ventilation and light in every cabin. There are also three, 16000-BTU, air-conditioning units. The interior, from stem to stern, is finished in exotic hardwood, creating a comfortable atmosphere and welcoming ambiance. There are hanging lockers and drawers for storage in all staterooms. All baths have Vacu-Flush heads and stall showers. Proceeding up the companionway, four steps from the salon, one arrives in the large center cockpit. This area provides easy seating for eight, but as many as twelve or more can gather around the cockpit. While entertaining, the aft deck refrigerator (drink box) with holding plates is a major asset. There is an enormous amount of clear deck space for extra outdoor living and fun.
SALON and GALLEY
Galley - Located on the port side aft of the companionway, the large galley has the capacity to prepare meals for a big party. With opening port and overhead prism for light and ventilation. Included are:
- Frigidaire upright refrigerator 120v
- FrigeBoat compressor and Vitrifrigo AC/DC refrigerator/freezer unit – front opening
- All refrigerator units are powered by a single Grunert Compressor (new 2007)
- Twin ceramic sinks
- Microwave/Convection Oven - Proctor Silex
- Double Stainless Steel Sinks
- 3-burner, Galley Maid Electric Stove w/Oven, 120-volt
- Pressure Freshwater System, 120V, with 24V back-up system
- Corian Countertops
- Ample storage incl upper and lower cabinets
Water Making and Purification Systems
- (1) Sanitron Ultraviolet Water Purifier 12 G.P.M./720 G.P.H. Model S37C, which purifies all water on the boat, including showers, faucets, and heads, as used.
- Note: There is a refrigerated drink box on the aft deck
Salon The Salon is spacious and comfortable with updated neutral upholstery and ample seating. The seating is laid out in a double L-shape, in effect, forming a U around the forward perimeter of the Salon. One of L shaped seating areas, to Port, has a Hi/Lo table for cocktails or dining. This layout allows for a very spacious area for entertaining, dining and/or relaxing. Several side ports allow light and air when open. Ample storage is found within the cabinets.
Entertainment Center and Audio-Visual Equipment The salon Entertainment Center is conveniently built into the aft wall of the salon. DVD movies can be played in the main salon and viewed there and/or in the cockpit. In addition, the NavTreck paper replication charts can also be shown in the cockpit and viewed on the vertical screen. The salon TV screen can also be connected to cable TV when docked, also viewable from the cockpit. There are is a stereo with speakers located throughout the boat. There is and a flat screened TV and DVD in the Master Stateroom.
Sole refinished 2017 – Awlgrip-Alwood finish
ELECTRICAL and ELECTRONICS
- 20 KW Northern Light Generator with (1600 hours)
- 12 and 24 Volt systems throughout, as well as redundant or complimentary 110 Volt systems – (4) battery banks
- Lighting, pressure water pump, sump pumps, blowers, radar, autohelm, electric toilets, etc. are 24 Volt. In addition, there are 110 Volt lights.
- Nav lights, instruments, VHF radio, stereo etc. are 12 Volts
- 12 and 24 Volt Electrical Panel at the Nav Station
- Three 110 Volt Electrical Panels aft of Nav Station in Workroom - for shore power, inverter power, and generator power
- Charger - ProMariner - Pro Tech-4 24 VDC charger – forward
- Charger – Pro Tech 1240i Plus 12 VDC– Utility room
- Heart Interface Monitor 50 Amp, Heart Interface Link 10, Heart Interface Link 20 – Utility room
- (6) 8D house batteries (Main Salon under settee)
- (2) 4D engine starting batteries (in engine room cabinet)
- Note: all batteries are gel cell
- Heart interface Freedom 24VDC inverter (new in 2007)
- Xanrey digital voltage monitor
- Crown 11B converter (120 VAC to 24 VDC)
- (2) 50-amp Shore Power cords, which can be used simultaneously for greater load
- Navigation lights
A 20 KW Northern Lights diesel generator with provides 110 Volt power (new 2000)
At the helm:
- Raymarine ST60 triData -Depth, speed, log
- Raymarine ST60 Wind
- Auto pilot - Simrad Autohelm J300X Control Head
- Furuno NAVNET Radar Display
- Shipmate VHF Handset
- Standard Horizon loud- hailer and fog horn
- VHF - Standard Horizon hand held
- Fish Finder – Hummingbird 175
- Compass Plastimo 5��
- KVH SAILCOMP Digital Compass (at helm and Nav station)
At Nav Station:
- Chart Plotter – Samsung SynMaster 151 Display
- KVH SAILCOMP Digital Compass
- Redundant Furuno GP-32 GPS chart plotter - Units at Nav station and helm
- Raymarine ST60 Multi Display Repeater
- Raymarine ST60 Speed and Depth - TriData
- Windows PC and flat screen display
- Garmin weather data
- Standard Horizon VHF
- Sirius XM Radio & CD player
- VHF – Uniden ES model UM 525
- SSB – Sea Inc model 222
- Furuno Radar -at Nav station and helm
- There are two redundant satellite navigation systems on board
- Robertson AP22 Auto Pilot w/Hydraulic Ram
- ACR Cat2 EPIRB w/ satellite locator – 2017
- Samsung flat screen TV, Sony Blue Ray DVD in Salon –
- Cybernet Marine Stereo – am/fm/cassette player – Cybernet speaker system
- Pioneer am/fm/CD player/receiver in Salon with inside and cockpit speakers
Systems monitoring and navigation can be monitored on two displays at the chart table as well as on the flat panel TV's throughout the boat - at the helm, in the aft owner's stateroom, and in the main salon
Caterpillar 3208 - 220 HP – naturally aspirated engine – 3300 hrs
Caterpillar Twin Disc MG-506 LH gear box
Morse Gear Shift lever & Throttle – Cockpit pedestal
Custom fuel filtration system (Racor 900 FG), & built in oil change system – Macnaught lube transfer pump
(4) 250-gal fuel tanks w/ 2 fuel fill pipes on deck
(2) Jabsco 24 v bilge blowers
Hundestad 36” variable pitch 3 Blade propeller – w/manual position control & fully feathering sailing position, all controlled from the cockpit. This commercial grade system (fully serviced 3/2007 by Handstand representative) allows for much greater maneuverability, especially in reverse. This also allows for better speed under sail and more economical use when under engine power.
3 x 16,000 BTU Marine Aire -Air conditioning systems w/ reverse cycle heat-
New refrigeration 2016
Edson pedestal steering - Hydraulic
Bow Thruster - Side Power “Sea Thrust” -New 2007
(4) Four RULE electric bilge pumps (2 aft in engine room and 2 forward)
(1) Manual Whale Gusher Bilge Pump – cockpit control
(1) Edson Manual Bilge pump under forward Berth
Fresh water pump – Shurflow Aqua King 24v
12-gal hot water heater 120v
Sanitation: (2) Sealand Vacuflush, (1) Mansfield Vacuflush toilets – Tank Watch 111 monitoring system
(2) x 40 gal holding tanks- forward, and (1) x 20 gal tank -aft all w/ deck pump out fittings, and through hull overboard fittings
HULL AND DECK
(16) opening hull ports 14 ½”x8” – (8) non-opening ports
(6) opening low profile deck hatches 24”x24” – Lewmar Ocean Series
Custom hard top Bimini over the cockpit – REAL glass dodger, and Isinglass side and back panels
(completely enclose the cockpit and make this a pilot house vessel with all enclosures up)
Hydraulic tender lift on stern (1200 lb. capacity)
Windlass – Nilsson model 3000 electric 24 v
SS anchor Platform w/2 bow rollers – w/Polished Teak overlay decking
Primary anchor – 110 lb Bruce plow anchor w/250 ft 3/8 chain
Secondary anchor - 75 lb CQR on 20 ft 3/8 chain and 300 ft 1” braided rode
Fresh and salt water deck wash forward
Chain locker in forepeak w/twin V-Bottom compartments, accessible from forward cabin.
Fully encapsulated inner keel with drop down centerboard – centerboard winch in forward part of the cockpit.
Teak capped bulwark run entire length of deck Pot & Starbd
Oversized 1’ diam SS stanchions and railings.
Chocks and 14 1/2 “ cleats – Forward, Stern, Amidships
Fresh and sea water wash-down pumps = Jabsco 24v
Cockpit Features are a custom designed steering pedestal with great instrument layout w/Robertson autopilot, Shipmate RS 830 VHF, Cetrek depth, speed, GPS, Furuno plotter, NavTreck Nav terminal w/chart plotter, overlay plotter & movies. There are two individual helmsman chairs. There is a hydraulic pump for the backstay and boom vang, plus manual controls for the Hundestadt propeller located here, as well. The cockpit can be fully enclosed.
SAILS and RIGGING
- Mast - Keel stepped mast – Aluminum double spreader
- The two headsails are From Doyle Sailmakers - Yankee cut with high clews and lightly used (new in 2017)
- The main is on a Dutchman system - 2014
- Hydraulic backstay tensioner – Nav Tec
- Hydraulic boom vang – Nav Tec
- Two - Lewmar ST65 ” ELECTRIC” primary winches in cockpit
- One - Lewmar ST48 secondary winches in cockpit
- Two - Lewmar ST44 main sheet winch and Lewmar traveler in cockpit
- Three - Lewmar ST44 control line winches on the mast w/line clutches – Halyard winches
- Harken roller furler on Staysail – New 2017
- Harken roller furler on Headsail – rebuilt 2017
- 90 ft Aluminum mast
- Rod rigging 2012
- Bow Thruster
- Electric Windlass - Nilsson
- 75 LB CQR anchor with 20 feet of chain and 300 feet of rope rode
- 110 LB Bruce anchor with 200 feet of chain
- Hydraulic lift on stern for dinghy that doubles as a swim platform
- 10-man life raft – Winslow – certified 2017
- Fire extinguishers
Caribe 13 FT RIB with 40 HP Honda Outboard -
This exquisitely built yacht has been continuously upgraded and lovingly maintained by a few knowledgeable owners. She is perfect for serious, long-distance cruising or relaxing sunset sails. Easily handled by two adults, her sail plan with 2x #65 electric winches in the cockpit, bow thruster and center-cockpit layout lend themselves to comfortable, shorthanded sailing. There a total of 4 private staterooms, with three forward, 2 with queen size beds and en suite head and separate stall showers, the third is a crew room with private sink. The owner's state room is aft with a queen size, centerline bed and en- suite head and separate stall shower. Vessel has a 1000-gallon fuel capacity and carries 600 gallons of water! Her Cat 3208, 220 hp naturally aspirated diesel with Hundested feathering prop, can propel her while motor sailing at 8 to 10kts at 1100rpm while she is burning only 1.7 gallons of fuel per hour. This gives her a motor sailing range of over 5,000 nm.
The Vessel has a blue-ribbon blend of features - she is stable and sea-kindly, strongly built for both shallow water and ocean cruising. She is fast and easily handled. She has trans-oceanic range under power. The practical walk-in engine/work room with bench features top quality equipment and ease of maintenance. The comforts of home are unparalleled in a yacht of this size. She is a versatile, all-encompassing cruiser. Wellington Yachts built the hull and it was finished by Windship
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. Hours listed may vary from actual hours due to recent use. Purchaser is encouraged to verify hours prior to purchase. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.