- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Jamestown, RI
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 39,000
A rare yacht on the US brokerage market. This Sigma 41 looks and sails like a Swan, but doesn't have the price tag of one. She was solidly built in the UK and has always been popular on the racing and cruising circuit.
Boat is offered on a 3 year charter/ lease / purchase basis.
Please contact Alan Baines at +1 (401) 241-1280
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Sigma Yachts
Designer: David Thomas
LOA: 40 ft 7 in
Beam: 12 ft 2 in
LWL: 33 ft 4 in
Minimum Draft: 7 ft 3 in
Maximum Draft: 7 ft 2 in
Displacement: 8618 kgs
Total Power: 38 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 3JH3
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 38 HP
Number of single berths: 8
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 2
Sigma Yachts were the very popular UK-built archetypal cruiser racers from the 70’s, 80‘s and 90’s. They were built by Marine Projects, which is the same company that built Moody Yachts and Princess Powerboats and which was, and still is, one of the UK’s largest boat builders. The Sigma 41 was the largest of the Sigma range, and with its blue stripe, is visually very similar to a Swan in profile. Its sailing characteristics are also very similar. With its solid hull these boats have proven very durable and offshore capable over many years. And also are good, easily handled fast cruising boats or round the buoys racers. Rare on the US brokerage market.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- GRP hull, deck & superstructure.
- Balsa core reinforced deck except solid wherever penetrated.
- Teak laid seats.
- Teak grate cockpit sole.
- Non skid side decks, foredeck and coachroof.
Keel & Rudder:
- Iron fin keel with lead shoe.
- Spade rudder.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- Yanmar 3JH3 38hp diesel 1999.
- Spare starter motor.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Whitlock Cobra rack and pinion wheel steering with emergency tiller.
- 2-bladed Gori geared, folding propeller (2011).
- Rope cutter on shaft (2011).
- Dripless stuffing box and cutlass bearing (2011).
- Single lever Morse control in the cockpit.
- 12v system.
- 12v distribution board with circuit breakers or fuses on all circuits.
- 110v outlets.
- 4 x Heavy duty 6v House batteries (420 Ah).
- 1 x 12v Starting battery (new 2015).
- Link battery charger/ inverter (1000 watt).
- Link battery monitor.
- Charged via 80 A engine alternator.
- 110v Shore power connection.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Pressurized hot and cold water system.
- Water heated by engine or shore power.
- Spare water pump.
- PUR 40 watermaker (not currently in service).
- Watermaker spares.
- Electric bilge pump with float switch.
- 2 x Bilge pumps.
- Capacity 47 gallons.
- Total capacity 77 gallons (2 tanks, both new 2013).
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- Fiberglass holding tank (new 2008).
- Binnacle compass.
- B&G Triton sailing instruments (2) (new 2013).
- Simrad autopilot with Whitlock direct drive motor on separate tiller arm.
- Spare pre-mounted Raymarine autopilot drive motor.
- Spare autopilot and remote control.
In Nav station:
- NMEA 2000 network (new 2013).
- Furuno radar.
- Lowrance VHF radio/AIS receiver linked to NMEA 2000 network (new 2013).
- GPS plotter Simrad NSS7 (new 2013).
- Canadian and US chart chips.
- Two burner propane stove/oven.
- 12 volt fridge (new 2009).
- Engel 40 qt fridge/freezer 110v/12v in aft cabin.
- Double sink.
- Corian counter top.
- Forward head with washbasin and hand held shower.
- Aft head with washbasin and hand held shower.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Three opening Lewmar hatches (all new 2008-15).
- Solar powered vent fan in each head.
- Radio/CD player.
- Internal stereo speakers in saloon area.
- Navigation lights.
- Deck light on mast.
- LED tricolor / anchor light at masthead.
- Fluorescent & LED cabin lighting.
Summary of Accommodation:
- African mahogany and teak interior; teak and holly sole (new in salon 2013).
- 8 Berths.
- Aft cabin with double berth and en-suite head with shower.
- Saloon sleeps five.
- Forward cabin has v-berth with filler.
- Chart table and plenty of storage and hanging space.
- Fractional Sloop Rig.
- Kemp painted aluminum twin spreader mast.
- Kemp boom.
- Kemp aluminum spinnaker pole & gear, including lazy guys and light-air sheet (but no spinnaker).
- Stainless steel rod standing rigging (new 2015).
- Mainsheet system with traveler.
- Hydraulic backstay adjuster.
- Hydraulic boom vang.
- Hydraulic baby stay adjuster.
- Central panel in cockpit for hydraulics.
- Slab reefing mainsail.
- Harken roller furling reefing system.
- Halyards, spinnaker control lines and Cunningham led aft to Spinlock XCS Clutch organizers (One triple and one double set to each side of the coachroof).
- Garhauer jib sheet cars (adjustable under load).
- Spinnaker pole and all controls.
- Reaching strut and extending whisker pole (not on boat).
- 5 x winch handles.
- 2 x Lewmar 52 3-speed genoa sheet winches.
- 2 x Lewmar 40 2-speed self-tailing runner winches.
- 2 x Lewmar 40 2-speed spinnaker sheet winches.
- 2 x Lewmar 40 2-speed deck winches for halyards, etc.
- 2 x Lewmar 40 2-speed winches at base of mast for jib halyards.
- 1 x Lewmar 40 self-tailing reefing winch on boom.
- 1 x Lewmar 40 2-speed self-tailing mainsheet winch.
- North Dacron Mainsail with 3 reefs and full length top batten (2008).
- North Dacron 125% roller furling genoa (2009).
- Horizon #4 jib (1984).
- Lifelines with gates.
- Swim ladder on transom.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Underdeck Lofrans 12 Volt windlass (motor new 2013).
- 2 x 100’ 5/16” high-test chain.
- 150’ Nylon rode.
- 100’ 3 strand Nylon rode.
- 45# CQR anchor.
- 25# Hydrobubble anchor.
- 22# Fortress anchor.
- Warps, fenders and boathook.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Thurston dodger (2012).
- Sail cover.
- Wheel cover.
Tender & Outboard:
Walker Bay dinghy (2015).
2.5HP 4-stroke outboard (2012).
- Horseshoe life ring.
- Lifesling with lifting tackle.
- Emergency tiller.
- Radar reflector.
- 5 x life vests.
- Revere 6-person life raft (out of service date).
- Many out of date flares.
- 3 x Fire extinguishers.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.