- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- New York Harbor, NY
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 4,500,000 Tax Paid
ARABELLA is a stunning and iconic 157' tri-masted staysail schooner. She is one of the most versatile sailing yachts available and has an exceptional charter history.
Her original hull was custom built by Palmer Johnson in 1983. Then she was lengthened and totally rebuilt to USCG specifications in 1999-2000.
Her welded aluminum hull, aluminum and teak decks and modern, automated rigging combines an extraordinary strong, seaworthy hull and durable yacht with the beautiful lines and nostalgia of a classic schooner tall ship.
ARABELLA was rebuilt to and operates under American Bureau of Shipping class and has a current US Coast Guard inspection certificate for 49 passengers plus crew for a total of 56 overnight charters and 149 passengers for day charters, giving her exceptional revenue potential. Her classic lines and beautiful teak decks entice with a Jacuzzi and shaded cabana seating aft, while her sailing yacht elegance and tall ship presence provide a distinctive luxury classic yachting experience. ARABELLA is a unique offering in the global market for either an expanded charter operation and revenue platform, or an exceptional value via refit/reconfiguration for a private owner.
Please contact Andrew LeBuhn at +1 561 655 2121
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Palmer Johnson
Designer: MacLear & Harris
Flag of Registry: United States
LOA: 156 ft 8 in
Beam: 24 ft 0 in
LWL: 114 ft 0 in
Length on Deck: 136 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 12 ft 6 in
Total Power: 500 HP
Engine Brand: Caterpillar
Year Built: 1999
Engine Model: 3196
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 500 HP
Cruising Speed: 9 knots
Maximum Speed: 11 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: (3907 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (4263 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 4
Number of cabins: 20
Number of heads: 22
The sailing yacht ARABELLA is a stunning 157’ tri-masted staysail schooner custom built by PalmerJohnson in 1983, with a total re-build/lengthening completed 1999 - 2000. ARABELLA is one of the most versatile large sailing yachts available with an exceptional charter history. Her welded aluminum hull, aluminum and teak decks and modern, automated rigging combines an extraordinarily strong, seaworthy hull and durable yacht with the beautiful lines and nostalgia of a classic schooner tall ship.
Classification: ABS (American Bureau of Shipping)
Gross Tonnage: 91 US (208 Int'l)
Passenger Carrying Certifications: USCG (United States Coast Guard) 49 Passengers plus crew, total 56 overnight Passengers, and 149 day Passengers
Guest Staterooms: 20
Crew Berths: 9
Crew: normally 6 - 8
On the main deck there is a six person Jacuzzi which is located aft of a large circular seating area / covered cabana with a canvas sun shade, round table in center and teak decking throughout. Forward of the cabana and to starboard is the rear helm station, with stairs to the top of main deck house with access to sails and rigging. On the forward deck is a large sun lounge area with bench seating further forward in the bow on both port and starboard. Entering the main deck house is a large open salon, with heads aft and to starboard and an aft navigation station to port.
The saloon contains three curved settees with tables along both sides, and two large tables in the center, with seating for up to 48 guests. Forward and to starboard is a full bar, with satellite TV in center forward, and buffet serving area with under counter cold storage to port forward. Just aft of the bar and cold buffet are doors out to both port and starboard side decks. Aft of the saloon is a centerline passageway leading to the aft guest staterooms. Forward of the saloon and to starboard is the captain’s quarters and a passageway leading down to the forward crew’s quarters, and just aft of this is the passageway leading to the forward accommodations area. The lower deck forward is arranged with crew cabins forward, with bunks for five persons, crew head to port, and galley to port and starboard, a generator room, forward guest cabins port and starboard, with centerline passageway, after passenger cabins port and starboard with centerline passageway, and after peak (steering machinery compartment).
The Crew quarters consists of two staterooms, with a three person stateroom to port with two upper berths and one lower berth along outboard side. Forward to starboard is a two person stateroom with an upper and lower berth outboard. A forward outboard hanging locker provides storage, with an aft passage to the galley, off of which is a crew’s head with shower. Aft of the crew’s quarters is the galley area. Aft of the galley is the companionway down to the auxiliary machinery room. The aft accommodations area has a centerline passageway with four staterooms on each side, each with separate entrances, en-suite heads and berths to outboard.
The forward accommodations area, accessed via the companionway forward of the saloon, has a centerline passageway with six staterooms on each side. The two forward staterooms port and starboard have upper/lower berths. The remaining staterooms going aft have either double or queen berths, all with en-suite heads and berths to outboard.
ARABELLA has twenty suites with accommodations for 40 guests in 20 staterooms and quarters for 9 crew, including separate captain’s quarters. All of her 20 staterooms include private en-suite bathrooms, external portholes, private climate control, and satellite TV's and telephones. The staterooms include:
- Six with Queen berth forward cabin
- Six with Double berth or Upper/Lower berth, forward cabin
- Six with Upper/Lower berths, aft cabin
- Two with Small Double, aft cabin
ARABELLA offers the grace and elegance of a classic windjammer yacht but with modern amenities:
- All Staterooms with En-Suite Head, Showers
- Viewing Port Hole in each Stateroom
- Private Climate Control in each Stateroom
- On Deck Jacuzzi
- Traditional Salon & Bar
Large open saloon with beautiful bar finished in mahogany forward and to starboard, satellite TV and stereo. Curved settees along port and starboard sides as well as dining tables provide seating for up to 48 guests. Large windows along the entire length of the saloon provide ample lighting. A buffet area with under counter cold storage is located forward and to port.
The galley is located aft of the crew’s quarters and includes a commercial dishwasher and freezer to port, with two convection ovens to starboard with countertop stove and two microwaves. At aft end of galley is the main refrigeration system with three refrigerators and a freezer.
- Commercial Coffee Maker
- Moffat Commercial Oven
- Regency USA Dual Oven/Broiler
- Stainless steel food preparation counters
- Garland Induction countertop stove
- (2) Amana stainless steel microwave ovens
- Cospolich 4 door stainless steel chest freezer
- Hobart stainless commercial grade dishwasher
- Stainless sinks adjacent to food prep and dishwasher
- Cold Buffet with Manitowoc icemaker
- True large capacity under counter commercial refrigerator
- Clothes Washer
- Clothes Dryer
Entertainment & Communications
- TV/DVD in saloon
- Stereo in saloon
- Felcom 16 Ship Security Alert System
- 32” diameter stainless steel wheel
- Horizon Intrepid VHF Radio
- P Sea Concepts 24-mile Radar
- Raytheon Speed-Depth Gauge (New Transducer 2010)
- Raymarine E-120 Radar
- Raymarine C-120 Chart Plotter
- Raymarine AIS-500 (2004)
- Furuno 24-mile Radar
- Raytheon Wind / Speed Gauge
- Robertson R135 Rudder Angle Indicator
- Raytheon Tri-Data ST 60
- Depth/Speed Log
- Robertson AP22 Repeater
- Kobelt Hydraulic Steering Control Lever
- Main Engine Exhaust Temp Gauge
- Kidde Firewatch Discharge Alarm Panel
- Caterpillar Digital Gauge Rack
- Main Engine Tachometer
- Pyrometer for Main Engine
- Robertson R135 Rudder Angle Indicator
- Raytheon Tri-Data ST 60
- Depth/Speed Log
- Robertson AP22 Repeater
- Kobelt Steering Control Lever
- Nobeltec Chart System
- Clock and Barometer
- Speedtech Temp and Barometer Gauge
- Raytheon Tri-Data ST 60 Repeater
- (3) Portable Handheld VHF Radios
- SEA Single Sideband Radio
- Repeater for VHF Radio
Caterpillar 3196 Diesel Engine, 500 HP
Total Rebuild in 2016
- Twin Disc 5114 Marine Gear - 3.28 x 1
- 5” Diameter Stainless Steel Propeller Shaft
- Hundested Variable Pitch Propeller
- Oil Pressure Alarm
- High Water Alarm
- Marine Air Systems AC – 6,000 BTU
- Marine Air Systems AC – 24,000 BTU
- Marine Air Systems Heat Pump
- Groco Bronze Sea Strainers
- Air Chime Dual Trumpet Air Horns
- Gardner Denver HP Air Compressor
- Racor Fuel Filters for Main Engine and Auxiliary Equipment
- Wagner Electro-Hydraulic Steering System
- Electro Guard Model 601 Corrosion Protection Level Monitor
- 75 HP Hydraulic Bow Thruster
- Kabola Diesel Boiler (2008)5-ton Scott Chiller Plant
- Head Hunter Toilet Flush System
- Pure Pro Reverse Osmosis Water Maker – 4,000 gal/day capacity
- Tank Sentry monitoring system for fresh water, gray water, black water
- 40 kW Northern Lights Generator (New July 2016)
- 85 kW Northern Lights Generator (2000) (New motor @ 19,000 hrs)
- 12/24v DC and 120/208v AC systems
- 24 to 12v Heart inverters
- Emergency radio battery
- 24v system - 2x banks of 6v batteries for House & Interior Emergency lighting
Emergency escape hatch forward, providing emergency egress from forward crew accommodation spaces.
Oval aluminum flush hatch cover in the foredeck, providing access to the forepeak.
Oval aluminum flush hatch cover in the afterdeck, providing access to the after peak.
- U-shaped guest seating in aft deck
- Aft deck 52” diameter cold storage locker
- Foremast – Lewmar 50 ST winch; Lewmar Winches with Wire Wheel
- Mainmast – Lewmar Winch Wire Wheel; Barient 28 Winches
- Mizzen Mast – Lewmar 58 ST; Lewmar 50; Lewmar 50 Boom Winch
- Deck – Barient Hydraulic Winches; Seaway Reel Winches
- (4) Hood Yacht Systems Hydraulic Furling Systems
- Navtec Hydraulic Backstay Tensioner
- (2) Plough Anchor
- (2) 600 ft lengths diameter anchor chain
- Large Keypower Hydraulic Windlass w/Wildcat & Capstan Starboard Side of Foredeck
- Small Keypower Hydraulic Windlass w/Wildcat & Capstan Port Side of Foredeck
- 8 x 8 Stainless Samson Post Foredeck
- 6 Stainless Mooring Bitts Aft Deck 5 Double Stainless Bitts Aft Deck
Masts & Rigging
Three extruded aluminum masts with double spreader rigs, stayed with 5/8” diameter 6 x 19 stainless steel wire rope, fitted with Norseman swageless fittings at terminations.
- Main Staysail (2009)
- Mizzen (Fall 2010)
- Mizzen Staysail (2016)
- Fore Staysail
- Inner Jib (2016)
- Outer Jib (2016)
- Main Fisherman
- Forward Fisherman (2016)
Tenders & Watersports
- Carib RB tender with 15 HP Yamaha outboard
- Snorkeling Equipment
Safety & Fire Protection
- (11) Portable Handheld Fire Extinguishers
- FM 200 Automatic Fire Suppression System – Generator Room
- Fireboy FE 241 Automatic Fire Suppression System – Engine Room
- Notifier Fire Detection System Complete w/Rate of Rise Detectors
- Fire Station with 50 ft. Canvas Hose and Spanner – Main Salon
- Fire Station with 50 ft. Canvas Hose and Spanner – Aft Deck
- Fire Axe
- 56 Type I Adult PFD's – Solas Approved
- 7 Type I Child PFD's – Solas Approved
- 102 Adult PFD's & 11 Child PFD's
- ACR EPIRB
- (3) Inflatable 20-person Life Rafts
- Emergency Defibrillator
- Sea Pak Marine First Aid Kit
- (3) Throw Ring Buoys
Lengthening & Refit 1999-2000
ARABELLA was launched in 1983 as CENTURION, designed by MacLear & Harris and built by Palmer & Johnson Shipyard in Wisconsin, with an original length of 110’. The previous owners purchased the vessel in the 1990s and completed a total refit in 2000, including an addition to the mid-section of the hull of approximately 46’ to include 20 cabins and a completely rebuilt interior, the addition of a third mast and all new rigging and sails. The total refit included all new electrical, plumping, power and auxiliary power, running gear, electronics and navigational equipment, communications, lighting, galley and food service, safety and lifesaving equipment – all redesigned to specifications meeting the requirements for use as a Coast Guard inspected commercial charter vessel. The hull extension was completed by Kelly’s Shipyard in Fairhaven, Massachusetts, with the interior refit work done by Newport Shipyard, Newport, Rhode Island. The current vessel is now a three masted staysail schooner designed for sailing with a limited deck crew having five sails that are on hydraulic roller furlers. She has a clipper bow, round bilge, full keel with mid-ship extension, keel-hung rudder and transom stern. ARABELLA is constructed of welded aluminum, with 1/2” thick bottom plating, welded aluminum decks and a teak and plywood overlay by Teak Deck Systems. Five transverse welded aluminum watertight bulkheads divide the vessel’s hull. Her superstructure has a trunk cabin forward followed by a raised deckhouse and an aft trunk cabin.
Recent Maintenance & Upgrades
ARABELLA is fully current with its American Bureau of Shipping and Coast Guard Certification (inspections every five years and annually, respectively), and is professionally maintained by a full-time captain and crew. Following is a summary of some of the primary work and upgrades that have been completed on the vessel over the past four years.
- Scrape and Clean Interior of Hull.
- Clean, repaint and rewire both generators, replace hoses and clamps. Awlgrip generator sound enclosures.
- Clean, repaint and rewire main engine, CAT enamel paint. Replace hoses/clamps on same.
- Replace 2 of the 4 AC water chillers.
- All AC units in the cabins restored to operation.
- Replace the cutlass bearing on shaft.
- Replace hot water heat exchanger.
- Replace two sea water spools to generators – epoxy coat and paint.
- New cushions manufactured by Hinckley Yachts for the aft veranda.
- New canopy installed over the aft veranda.
- New heating element was installed in hot tub, clean and tune.
- New custom made mattresses were purchased for all 6 A Line cabins and for Two 2 B Line cabins.
- Strip and varnish cap rails throughout.
- Rebuild railing around the fore mast and varnish.
- Main Engine rebuilt 2016.
- New 40 kW Northern Lights generator 2016.
- New Sails 2016 - Mizzen Staysail, Inner Jib, Outer Jib, Forward Fisherman.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.