- View Full Specifications
Great Boat - Great Price!
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Canton, MI
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 49,900
FRESHWATER MORGAN NELSON/MAREK RACING SLOOP
One boat cannot be all things, but the Morgan 45 achieves a superb blend for cruisers who Enjoy going fast and racers who enjoy creature comforts and amenities. Bruce Nelson and Bruce Merek combined their talents to create fast, winning yachts of excellent performance in varied conditions. What Morgan received from them was a clean, low profile design.
The Morgan Nelson/Marek 45 is unusual in the fact that it not only has tremendous accommodations, is an aft-cockpit/aft-cabin vessel with excellent headroom, but it is a superior performing vessel on all points of sail and will provide exhilarating fast passages. With its shoal draft keel/centerboard and spade rudder hung far aft, she also backs well and motors easily. There are six (6) port lights, four (4) dorados, six (6) hatches and one (1) skylight, making for a bright and well ventilated interior. The present owner has constantly improved this vessel.
Able to sleep up to 8, 2 heads with showers, pressurized water system, water heater 10 gal, refrigerator, stove with oven, fresh water tank 100 gals replaced with aluminum, 100 gals. Diesel tank replaced with aluminum, Universal Diesel 40hp engine.
Many upgrades and custom additions since the present owner's purchase in 1999. This boat has had a pampered life. All maintenance is documented and performed by marine professionals. The owner planned on retiring and sailing the Florida/Caribbean but do to health plans have changed. The amount of options and equipment is too much for us to list. I have an equipment list available to serious Buyers.
If you are looking to go racing, cruising or just evening cocktailing on a budget, you won't find more boat for the money. The owner loss is your gain. Please call Now, you do not want to miss this opportunity to own this beauty. She is located in Michigan. File #16031702R
Please contact Certified Professional Yacht Broker, Rock, at 989-891-2116 or email at email@example.com for more information!
Please contact at 989-891-9610
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 45 ft 0 in
Beam: 13 ft 5 in
Minimum Draft: 5 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 7 ft 6 in
Displacement: 21000 lbs
Total Power: 44 HP
Engine Brand: Universal
Year Built: 1983
Engine Model: Atomic 4
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 925
Engine Power: 44 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 (100 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 1 (100 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 2
Number of heads: 2
Accommodations & Furnishings:
- Sony Stereo receiver with built in CD player & 10 deck CD changer (2002)
- Kicker 1000 watt amplifier with cockpit speakers (2002)
- 15 Gal. holding bags for each head. (original)
- Television w/DVD player & antenna.
- Hot & cold pressurized potable water system w/new pump (2005)
- 6 Gallon water heater (2010)
- Refrigeration for cooler (2000)
Electronics & Navigation
- Ray Marine Sailing electronics including depth, speed, wind, autopilot w/course computer and multi display at nav station (2003)
- Richie Flux gate compass at nav station (original)
- Standard Horizon DSC VHF transceiver w/built in GPS (2015)
- ST60 Tridata instrument – Includes Depth, Speed, Trip, Log, Water Temperature &Timer.
- ST60 Wind Instrument
- ST6000 Plus Autopilot Control Unit
- Type 300 Course Computer and Type 2 Linear Drive
- ST60 Multi Instrument – Shows all instrument data at navigation station below.
All equipment above are a combination of Raytheon or Raymarine brand bought between 2002 & 2004 during the time the division broke away from Raytheon.
- ProNautic Mounted two bank battery charger, 30 amp (2010)
- (2) 8d batteries (2010)
- (2) 50ft 30 amp power cords
Deck & Safety
- Lewmar 44lb plow anchor with 50ft of chain rode and 200ft of rope (2006)
- Danforth 50lb anchor (spare) with 5ft of heavy chain and 200ft of rope. In storage
- West Marine Folding Swim ladder stored in wet locker. (2000)
- Quick Windless (2006)
- Safety kit with 4 flare launchers 4 hand held flares. Signaling mirror. Signaling flag. All with current dates.
- 4 SOLAS Parachute Flares with current dates. (2015)
- Man overboard pole with flag. (original)
- Life sling (original)
- Emergency Tiller (original)
- 4 floating cushions (2000)
- 10 Basic Life preservers in 2 bags. (2000)
- 3 ABC fire extinguishers with current inspection tags (2000)
- Full cockpit canvas
Sails & Rigging
- Hydro Boom Vang Backstay
- Doyle Self store Dacron main sail with cradle cover (2012)
- Doyle 145% Pentex tape drive Genoa (2015)
- Quantum Asymmetrical Spinnaker w/snuffer (2006)
- North 100% Dacron Jib (original)
- North Storm jib (original)
- North Staysail (original)
- Shaffer Check Stays (2006)
- 4 large Snatch blocks (original)
- 2 small snatch blocks (original)
- Lewmar 2 55 : 1 primary winches (Original)
- Lewmar 2 48 : 1 secondary winches (spinnaker)
- Lewmar 4 42 : 1 halyard Winches at mast
- Lewmar 3 40 : 1 cabin top winches near companionway
- Lewmar 2 double handed winch handles (original)
- Lewmar 2 single handed winch handles (original)
- 1 single handed aluminum winch handle (original)
- 4 jib lead cars (original)
- 1 red Spinnaker down haul (original)
- 2 blue symmetrical spinnaker sheets (original)
- 2 gray asymmetrical spinnaker sheets (2006)
- 3 ¾ “ dock lines (2000)
- 4 5/8” dock lines (2000)
- 1 radar reflector (original)
- Screens for all hatches
- Custom winterization tarp with all supports and framework.
- Jack stands for storage.
- Misc. spare parts including but not limited to fasteners, bulbs, fuses hoses, hose fittings.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.