- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Portsmouth, RI
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 349,000
- Rare Aft-cockpit model, timeless appeal of a Ted Hood hull
- Complete 2016 refit, resulting in a remarkably beautiful yacht with added seaworthiness
- Placed 5th in her class in the demanding 2016 Newport-Bermuda Race
- Recent 70’ GMT carbon fiber mast, stainless rod rigging and centerboard provide superb upwind performance and great handling
- Leisure Furl boom and electronic winches allow for fully battened main and easy reefing in all conditions
Elegant. -Powerful. - Aft cockpit sloop. Exhilarating sail performance and comfortable splendor throughout.
Capable, legendary Little Harbor 50. Ted Hood designed offshore sailing vessel having the beautiful, timeless profile of a proper yacht. Stem to stern updates.
Recent carbon fiber GMT Composite mast with triple spreaders, keel stepped, updated standing and running rigging. Leisure Furl In-Boom furling mainsail with fully batten main. Furling 120 genoa and an asymmetric spinnaker. Hydraulic vang and backstay. Centerboard provides windward performance from an efficient nominal draft of 5.5' to 11.5' when lowered. New bow thruster. Harken 662 electric primary sheet winches. Aft cockpit design provides exceptional comfort and helm visibility under sail.
Fully updated to compete in the challenging 2016 Bermuda Race. Beam Reach completed the Bermuda Race, and is ORC qualified and rated. New Viking 8 person Off-Shore Liferaft, and safety gear. Raymarine E120 and E80 GPS plotters, Radar monitors. I-Com ICM 700 SSB, Raymarine ST60 Data monitors, Northstar 141X GPS, EPIRB, Robertson AP300X AutoPilot, Shipmate VHF radios.
Westerbeke 108 CSIX main engine with only 1500 hours. Westerbeke 6 KW generator. Sea Recovery Water-maker. Significant recent updates to vessel, equipment and a history of exceptional maintenance benefit Beam Reach.
Two spacious cabins each with ensuite heads and showers. Master stateroom forward boasts a centerline queen berth, ample storage, private desk - all appointed with rich solid teak trim. Second double stateroom aft of salon, to port. Additional berth at Navigation station and a double berth in salon. Full galley, LPG stove, working counter space. Engine-driven refrigeration. Two MarineAir units provide air-conditioning or reverse cycle heating.
Commanding dark blue Awlgrip hull - painted 2016
Call for further details and to inspect the gracious Beam Reach.
Recent price reduction.
Please contact Charles Cahoon at 508-432-1738
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 50 ft 9 in
Beam: 15 ft 1 in
LWL: 42 ft 1 in
Ballast: 18000 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 70 ft 0 in
Dry Weight: 43200 lbs
Total Power: 107 HP
Engine Brand: Westerbeke
Year Built: 1983
Engine Model: 108 CSIX
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 1500
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 107 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (330 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (175 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (60 Gallons)
Significant recent updates include:
- New shaft, new cutlass bearing
- Rebuilt MaxProp
- Soda blast bottom, fairing, barrier coat and paint
- New dark blue Awlgrip topsides
- Brightwork varnish refinished, teak decks sanded and refinished
- New Bow thruster
- Deck non-skid repainted
- Westerbeke engine overhauled, generator serviced
- Re-chromed most stainless/brass components on deck
- Air-Conditioning and refrigerator serviced
- Cabin sole varnish refinished
- New Viking 8 person Off-Shore Life Raft
- Exterior locker and bilge paint recoating
- New pumps
- New 66 lbs. Stainless plow Anchor
- New halyards, genoa furling line replaced, recent nav lights
- Revised plumbing and electrical lines and systems
- rebuilt heads, plumbing and electrical systems updared and rewired
- Sails serviced at H & W
- Fairclough winter boat cover
- Refinished teak decks
- Nilson electric Windlass. Appropriate ground tackle.
- Teak decking in great order
- Beautiful solid teak joinery work in cabins
- Boat built of the finest materials
- Excellent natural light and ventilation below deck
- Freshly varnished toe rail and cabin sole
- Bluetooth capable stereo, interior and exterior speakers
- Vectron sails; fully batten main, 120 genoa, asymmetric spinnaker
- 2007 carbon fiber GMT mast, rigging replacement, Leisure Furl in Boom main
- Heart Interface 10 Battery charging and 1000 w invertor
- 50 amp shore power service and cord
- Recent batteries- four 8 D AGMs , one Group 24 and Group 27 sealed
- LED masthead lights
- Centerboard of fiberglass, weighted and balanced
- Decidedly comfortable, spacious cockpit undersail or for entertaining
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.