- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- NJ, United States
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 49,900
Quintessence’s hull is a duplicate of an early 20th century Friendship sloop, Dictator. Her hull was built in fiberglass by Jarvis Newman from a mold Newman developed during the restoration of the original Dictator. Malcomb Pettigrow built out her hull to a Bob Wallstrom design. While Newman’s other hulls were built out as sloops, Quintessence was rigged as a schooner. She combines the legendary grace and seakeeping ability of a Friendship sloop with the versatility of a schooner rig designed by Ralph Stanley. She is a truly unique vessel!
Quintessence offers sleeping accommodations for four. From the forward V berth, the VacuFlush equipped head is aft to port with a hanging locker opposite to starboard. The main cabin features settees with pilot berths on both port and starboard and a fold down table. The galley is aft and features a 2011 Dickinson 00-2BP two-burner propane stove, stainless steel sink, and a pressurized cold water system. Headroom in the main cabin is 6’. The sole is teak and holly, the ceiling is pine and light is provided by eight brass light fixtures.
The electrical system of the vessel consists of a basic 30 amp 110 volt AC shore power system for battery charging and a 12 volt DC system with three marine batteries: a dedicated engine start battery and two house batteries. Two battery selector switches allow engine and house batteries to be used for either purpose if needed. Circuit breaker distribution panels are installed on both the 110v and 12v systems.
Electronics and navigation include:
- Fixed mount 12 volt Windows based navigation computer running OpenCPN navigation software integrated with GPS and AIS receivers.
- Cabin mounted display with mirrored cockpit mounted display.
- Garmin fixed mount GPS receiver.
- Standard Horizon Matrix AIS/GPS GX2200 VHF radio (2014).
- Masthead wind speed and direction instrument.
- Depth Sounder.
- RayMarine Autopilot – RayMarine Rotary Drive M81135, SP Core Pack E12198and SP Control ND ST 6002.
Sails and rigging include:
- Stainless steel rigging with traditional laced deadeyes.
- Gaff mainsail, new in 2012.
- Gaff Foresail, new in 2014.
- Rolling furling jib, new in 2012.
- Main topsail (2).
- Maintop staysail.
- Spinnaker (flies loose footed from mainmast).
- Sunbrella sail covers for all sails.
All spars are solid wood, bright finished.
- Main topmast
- Main gaff (new in 2014) sitka spruce
- Main boom
- Fore gaff
- Fore boom
- Staysail club foot
- Fuel tanks – (2) custom built 15 gallon aluminum, port and starboard, new in 2008.
- (2) Racor fuel filters (in parallel), with water sensor/alarm.
- (2) water tanks, 15 gallon aluminum, port and starboard beneath cabin settee benches.
- Propane – 20 lb aluminum horizontal mount (installed).
- Propane - 20 lb aluminum horizontal mount (brand new, not installed).
- Propane regulator – replaced in 2013.
The hand-laid fiberglass hull was built by Jarvis Newman in Southwest Harbor, Maine. Topsides are the original dark green gelcoat. The interior was completed by Malcom Pettigrow. Decks and cockpit are solid teak over marine plywood. Exterior trim is varnished teak. Teak handrails and taffrail. Bronze hardware, some of which is custom made. Cabin top is fiberglass over marine plywood. There are six opening bronze oval ports. There are two bronze cowl vents, one Nicro low profile solar vent and a teak butterfly hatch, with Sunbrella cover, over the main cabin. The cockpit is oval shaped with three large storage lockers and seats six comfortably. Steering is via an Edson worm-drive steering system with a wooden spoked wheel.
- Ground tackle – Plough anchor backed by 60’ of chain and 100’ of ¾” nylon rode.
- Electric windlass.
- (2) fender boards.
- (3) fenders.
- Various dock lines.
For more information about Quintessence or to arrange for a viewing, please contact the Broker at 401-368-1705 or email@example.com.
Please contact Joe Walkden at 1-855-AHOYMATE (1-855-246-9628)
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 31 ft 0 in
Beam: 10 ft 6 in
LWL: 26 ft 0 in
Minimum Draft: 5 ft 0 in
Displacement: 15600 lbs
Ballast: 5000 lbs
Headroom: 6 ft 0 in
Engine Brand: Perkins
Engine Model: 4-108
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Number of heads: 1
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.