1983 Ericson 38
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- REDONDO BEACH, CA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 54,500
38' Ericson 1983. 8/17- New PSS dripless shaft seal & 2 coats bottom paint & epoxy primer.
This is a fantastic example of the legendary Ericson 38' designed and built by Bruce King. This is the best equipped Ericson on the market with all of the amenities, including new diesel engine in 2004, full electronics, autopilot, radar, inverter, new fuel & holding tanks, instant hot water. Not only a cruiser, this vessel is a proven winner on the race course. Sail inventory includes 10 sails with most jibs cut to fit the roller furler. High performance, deep draft racing keel, freshly serviced 3 blade feathering prop. Fast, comfortable, and safe, this is a rare oppurtunity to own one of the finest production boats ever built.
Please contact our office 310.798.1675 for more information and an appointment to see this boat.
Please contact Blue Pacific Yachts Office at 310-798-1675
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Bruce King
LOA: 37 ft 8 in
Beam: 12 ft 0 in
LWL: 30 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 6 in
Displacement: 14900 lbs
Ballast: 6300 lbs
Headroom: 6 ft 4 in
Total Power: 37.5 HP
Engine Brand: Universal
Year Built: 2004
Engine Model: M40B
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 900
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 37 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: Aluminum (80 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: Aluminum (45 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: Plastic (20 Gallons)
- Two stateroom, single head layout
- Forward v-berth stateroom
- Port aft stateroom
- Spacious salon with convertible settee to starboard & removable teak table.
- Removable teak galley table on port side.
- Old-growth teak paneling trim and cabinetry throughout interior.
- Dickinson Newport P12000 propane heater.
- Additional interior insulation of 3M Thinsulate, aluminum Reflectix and polyester batting
- All interior upolstry replaced 1999.
- Four Alpenglow teak 9W/4W overhead lights (3 with red LED night lights)
- Three Alpenglow 9W titanium finish reading lights.
- Four Sensibulb high output, low energy LED lights.
- Blakes -head with electric & manual flush
- Adler-Barbour refrigerator/freezer. (currently inoperable)
- Gas Systems 4-burner CNG stove with oven.
- Precision-Temp propane fueled instant, endless hot water heater.
- Hot and Cold tankless pressurized water
- Double stainless steel sink
- Whale Gulper manual fresh water foot pump.
- Whale Gulper manual cooler drain pump.
- Raychart RL70 GPS chart plotter/radar display
- Raytheon 24 KW Radome on separate aluminum radar mast
- Raymarine Raystar 120 WAAS GPS antenna
- Raymarine ST4000 Autopilot with rudder sensor
- Raymarine S100 Autopilot remote
- Raymarine ST60 Depth meter
- Raymarine ST60 Speed meter
- Raymarine ST60 Wind meter
- Fully integrated Raymarine Sea Talk system
- ICOM 442 DSC capable VHF with cockpit mounted Command Mike II
- Kenwood MP522 AM/FM with MP enabled CD player and accessory input
- Bose interior speakers
- WM 8000 outdoor cockpit box speakers
- Shakespeare TV antenna (mast mounted), mounting pole & amplifier
- Zenith DTT900 digital TV decoder
- Sharpe 30" flatscreen TV
- Radar mast mounted 3dB VHF/AM/FM antenna
- Manual VHF antenna selector switch
- 12V/110V Electrical system
- (4) 6 volt 105 amp hour Trojan house batteries (2 sets in series) new 2013 (estimated 10yr lifespan)
- (2) 12 volt starting batteries in parallel
- Link 2000R battery monitor
- Heart Interface Freedom 10 battery charger/inverter
- Maxprop 3 blade feathering prop, new 2006. - serviced 2017
- PSS dripless propeller shaft seal. NEW 2017
- Racor 120A fuel filter
- 51 amp Alternator (2004)
- Hoses (2004)
- Muffler (2004)
- Aluminum fuel tank (2003)
- Plastic holding tank (2003)
- Profile tank monitor (water & waste)
- (2) Electric and (1) manual bilge pump
- Masthead running & foredeck lights
- High output Dr. LED running lights
- Remote controlled cockpit light
- High performance deep draft 6'6" racing keel
- FRESH Bottom paint 2017 EPOXY PROMER & 2 COATS BOTTOM PAINT
- Dacron racing main with 2 reef points
- Dacron cruising main with 1 set of reef points
- 140% cruising laminate racing jib (cut to fit roller furler)
- 140% Dacron cruising jib (cut to fit roller furler)
- 100% Mylar racing jib (cut to filt roller furler)
- 140% Yankee cut Dacron heavy weather cruising jib (cut to fit roller furler)
- Dacron staysail
- 0.5 oz nylon drifter
- 0.75 oz asymmetric spinnaker
- 1.0 oz symmetric spinnaker
- Custom spinnaker sock
- ABN "The Tacker" gennaker attachment
- Harken Mark II headsail roller furler
- Forespar telescoping whisker pole
- Custom made Garhauer low friction ,ball bearing traveler (2003)
- Garhaurer cheek blocks, deck organizers and jib leads (2006)
- Backstay (2008)
- Navtec 17 integral hydraulic backstay adjuster (2008)
- Lewmar clutches for halyards and reefing lines
- Forward sail track for #3 jib & storm sails (2008)
- Upper shrouds (2008)
- High tech Vectran halyards
- Maxprop 3-blade feathering prop (NEW 2006) - (SERVICED 2017)
- Ericson 100% hand laid fiberglass hull
- Plywood and balsa cored decks
- High pressure fresh water wash down pump
- Fortress aluminum primary anchor with 1/2 inch chain and rode
- Danforth secondary anchor with 3/8 inch chain and rode
- New lifelines 2005/2008
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.