- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Waukegan, IL
- Hull Material:
- Last Listed Price:
- US$ 78,000
PRICE INCLUDES TRAILER
Morris 30 Leigh
A true Downeast Yacht
Rare - Iconic - Beautiful
Here is a special opportunity to acquire one of Morris Yachts favorite designs from the drawing board of Chuck Paine. Built in Morris Southwest Harbor Maine facilities with dedication to structure, a renknowned level of craftmanship and dedication to quality & durability that shows in every detail, using only the finest materials.
From Morris Yachts "For more than 40 years, Morris Yachts has been building sailboats by hand, one at a time, by Maine’s finest craftsmen. Started by Tom Morris, and now continued by its new owner, The Hinckley Company, the family’s boatbuilding tradition upholds the same values now as it did then: Every boat should be stunning, deliver supreme performance, and be crafted with the type of quality, precision, and attention to detail that will turn heads wherever she goes"
KRISTINA exemplifies Morris Yachts
Built in 1982, she was purchased by her present owner thru Morris in 1996. He had Morris completely refit the boat including the addition of more custom cabinetry, trim work, paint the hull, varnish all bright work in and out. All of this work either performed or supervised by Cuyler Morris personnaly.
He procured a custom Triad Trailer with twin axles, electric brakes and load leveler system to bring KRISTINA back to the Great Lakes (1996).
This trailer has provided the opportunity to spend summers cruising on the lake or ocean of his choice. The last major summer cruise took KRISTINA to a launch in the west end of Lake superior - then after an extensive 3 1/2 month cruise of Lake Superior's North shore, through the Soo Locks, North Channel, Lake Huron and Georgian Bay a rendezvous with the trailer at Mackinaw City for the return ride to Waukegan, IL. Kristina has been to Jacksonville Florida, up the ICW; cruised from Marblehead to the Morris 30th Anniversary in NorthEast Harbor, on up the Maine coast to the Bay of Fundy and and St Andrews NB, then back Morris fro loading on the trailer. - she has yet not made it to the Pacific Northwest.
The custom trailer is included in the list price.
Lovingly maintained by her owner, some of the maintenance and improvements are listed here for your reference:
- New Non-Skid Decks Cockpit 2010
- New Genoa ( Sterling Sails) 2010
- New Rub Strake 2010
- "Speed Seal" impellor service system
- Custom Teak Screens for two Deck Hatches and Companionway
- Replace 9 Portlights - Newfound Metals 2005
- Forward V-Berth Shelves (Morris Yachts)
- Double Hinge Head Door (Morris Yachts)
- Max Prop 3-Blade Feathering Propellor
- Dutchman Flaking System
- Benmar CS 21R Autopilot w/ Remote Control
- Alder Barber electric Refrigerator / Freezer
- Edson Pedestal Wheel Steering with Engine Controls
- Hot & Cold Pressure Water with FloJet Pressure Pump
- Raw Water Foot Pump
- Allcraft 110V electric & engine heat exchanger hot water heater
- Swim Ladder
- New Engine - Westerbeke 20B 2-cylinder Diesel Engine (18 HP) 2004 737 hrs
- Xantrex Trucharge 40+ Battery Charger 2006
- Garmin GPS Map 182C Chart Plotter
- Furuno Radar
- Cockpit Dodger
- Cockpit Bimini
- Cockpit Cushions
- Rigging Bonded
- Forward Cabin Longitudinal Shelves (Morris 1996)
- Pipe Berth
Cell - 847.912.2667
Please contact Eric LeVine at (847) 336-5456
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: C. W. Paine
Flag of Registry: United States
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 29 ft 8 in
Beam: 9 ft 7 in
LWL: 23 ft 4 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 7 in
Displacement: 9100 lbs
Ballast: 4400 lbs
Headroom: 6 ft 2 in
Dry Weight: 9100 lbs
Total Power: 18 HP
Engine Brand: Westerbeke
Year Built: 2004
Engine Model: 20B
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 737
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 18 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 2 (38 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 1 Stainless steel (18 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 Stainless steel (15 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 5
Number of double berths: 1
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
Electrical Circuit: 12V
Description (some from manufacturer)
A beautiful boat, with simple, graceful lines, Leigh is a comfortable cruiser for four, with the option of additional berths.This vessel has a full V-berth with filler panel, settee berths on port and starboard with a pipe berth above the starboard settee, and a full size quarter berth providing berths for 5 adults and 1 child in the pipe-berth.
She is a truly strong, capable offshore sailer, with a good balance of speed, displacement, tracking and sail-carrying capacity. Her bulwarks and wide decks allow safe movement on deck in heavy weather, and her functional and efficient cockpit drains quickly. Stable, dry and well-balanced at the helm in all weather, Leigh seldom requires a reef. She is responsive and lively, her cut-away forefoot allowing nimble tacking and maneuvering in tight spaces, with good acceleration and speed on all points of sail. The inboard shroud and stay chain-plate locations sheet the genoa inside the lifelines when close hauled.
Three (3) bronze mounted deck prisms illuminate interior spaces not served by port lights; two (2) serve the forward hanging locker and one port and one starboard, the third mounted in the cockpit sole daylights the engine compartment. Bronze hardware and scuppers for enduring performance and appearance.
Two (2) large Dorade vents; one in the forward cabin and one in the main cabin provide fresh air below in all weather conditions.
A diesel/kerosene heater on the forward bulkhead in the main cabin takes off the chill of cool spring lake temps or cold northerlies.
A galley refrigerator w/ freezer gives additional food space otherwise consumed by ice.
Custom cast and finished bronze brackets mounted in the mast sail slot secure a beautiful kerosene main cabin lamp.
All nine port lights replaced in 2005 with Newfound metals Bronze opening port lights each with screens and trimmed in varnished teak.
Cloth covered cockpit cushions
Canvas covers for varnished cabin top handrails and varnished companionway hatch and main cabin hatch, lazarette and steering wheel.
Radar and GPS chart-plotter view-able from Nav station and also swing out to edge of companionway for viewing from helm
Nav Station is forward end of quarter-berth with a fold away Nav table.
The galley is designed for use under sail; and like the Nav Station incorporates an extended work surface that folds away.
The extraordinary design and space utilization implemented by Morris Yachts in this Leigh provide an interior of extreme utility, ergonomics and spaciousness plus 6'-1" headroom.
The Morris Leigh 30 is featured in "The World's Best Sailboats" by Ferenc Mate.
A Custom built 1996 Triad Trailer, double axle electric brakes, equipped with a load leveler system, boom rack and ladder storage and storage lockers completes this incredible vessel package.
- Two staterooms
- Sleeps 6
- Pipe berth
- (1) Head
Electronics & Navigation
- Chartplotter-Provides boat speed, direction and GPS coordinates
- CD Player
- Cockpit Speakers
- Furuno radar
- Radar Detector/Reflector
- Navigation Center
- Auto Pilot
- Datamarine S100KL Speed Indicator and K180 Log (needs service)
- Datamarine 5200 Depth Sounder
- (2) 12V Deep cycle batteries (1) 12V starter (2016)
- Horseshoe life preserver
- MOB pole
- Double lifelines with two gates
- Lifeline/MOB system
- Garboard drain plug
- Deck sea water wash pump & deck valve
- Windex mast head wind indicator
- (2) 2 1/2 gallon diesel fuel cans
- Simpson Lawrence Hi speed manual anchor windlass
- (2) 12V Guest fans
- Emergency tiller
- Port and starboard mid ship hawse pipes & cleats
- Flares & gun
- (6) Life Preservers and (2) safety harnesses
- Benmar CS21R Auto Pilot with remote steerer
- (3) Anchors: Aluminum Fortress 7lb., CQR 25lb., Traditional galvanized steel 13lb.
- (1) Sea Anchor
- Proton #215 AM/FM stereo receiver with (2) Advent mini stereo speakers
- 3/4" pine behind hull sheathing & 1/4" layer or cork in lockers
- Two solid brass kerosene lanterns
- Electric automatic bilge pump
- Hot & cold pressure shower, head and galley sink
Sails & Rigging
- 135% Furling Genoa "Sterling Sails" 2013
- Main Sail (2 reef points) "Sterling Sails"
- 150% Genoa "Hood"
- 110% Jib "Hood"
- Reaching Spinnaker w/shoot scoop
- Jiffy reefing on mainsail
- Furlex roller furling reefing system
- Hall quick vang & mainsail traveler with controls to cockpit
- Forespar whisker pole
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.