1982 Irwin 38
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Tampa, FL
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 20,000
This well used Irwin belonged to an avid yachtsman. She is now ready to move on as a start to someone else's dream. She is offered as is and needs TLC. She would make a good inexpensive live aboard for an adventurous non demanding buyer. She is equipped with a Perkins 4108 that shows 697 hours on the meter but the actual hours are unknown. The engine starts easy and runs well with no smoke or vibration. She has a newer 4 Kw genset that shows 242 hours. She needs work and is cosmetically challenged. Bring all offers!
Please contact Craig Starns at 727.210.1800 or cell 813.340.0227 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact R. Craig Starns at 813-340-0227
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Hull Shape: Monohull
Beam: 12 ft 3 in
LWL: 32 ft 6 in
Length on Deck: 38 ft 2 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 6 in
Displacement: 20000 lbs
Ballast: 7000 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 54 ft 0 in
Dry Weight: 20000 lbs
Total Power: 50 HP
Engine Brand: Perkins
Engine Model: 4108
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 697
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 50 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (145 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (60 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 4
Number of double berths: 1
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 2
IJPE : 771.00 sq ft
I : 49.75 ft
J : 17.25 ft
P : 42.75 ft
E : 16.00 ft
Working Sail Area : 771.00 sq ft
Originally had a centerboard which has been removed and sealed up.
Manufacturer Provided Description
The Irwin 38 has a stepped sheer line and drop-level soles so passengers do not have to bob and weave from one end of the yacht to the other. The interior consists of varnished teak and holly soles throughout. A private forward cabin includes a cedar-lined hanging locker, drawer bank, storage lockers, and a private head. The head is of equal size with the head in the aft stateroom and is complete with hot and cold pressure water. The main salon has a drop-leaf dinette and two settees that convert into berths. A nav station is starboard and has an entrance into the aft head. A cook's delight, the galley features a double stainless steel sink, and hot and cold pressure water. Cooking is easy on the three-burner LPG gimbaled stove and oven. During extended cruising, food will stay fresh and cold in two iceboxes that have a combined capacity of 9.5 cubic feet. The spacious aft cabin has a double berth, a large cedar-trimmed hanging locker, nine drawers, and five storage lockers. The walk-through head has teak privacy doors, pressure hot water shower, large teak-framed mirror, counter cabinet, and storage locker. Keeping the accommodations bright and airy are nine opening ports, seven fixed ports, and six tinted opening ventilation hatches. Rigged as a sloop, the Irwin 38 carries more sail than most standard cruisers giving her greater cruising speed while allowing her to move easily in light summer breezes. The rig is easily handled by two and has internal halyards, outhauls, two-speed genoa winches, a main sheet winch, and an adjustable topping lift. The large center cockpit provides excellent visibility and easy handling. The destroyer wheel is mounted on the steering pedestal with all engine controls and a compass. A handy teak pedestal table and drink rack adds to the convenience while entertaining on deck.
- 2 approx. 20# Delta anchors with 3/8" chain and rode.
- 12 volt windlass with capstan and chain wildcat.
- Spreader lights
- Whicker pole with track on mast.
- Lightening deflector.
- Single lever morse type engine control.
- Cable steering with emergency tiller.
- Engine instruments: Tach, oil pressure, coolant temp., volt meter.
- Electronics: B&G Network speed log, Network autopilot (operational), Network depth. Uniden Solar DSC VHF radiotelephone, Standard Horizon VHF radiotelephone, Jensen MC 8321 stereo cassette.
- Barlow 27 ST primary winches.
- Barlow 19 secondary winches.
- Magic Chef microwave oven.
- Blue Seas System digital D.C. voltmeter.
- Electric water heater.
- 120/12 volt refrigeration (top loading, operational).
- Westerbeke 4.0 BCDB generator (newer with 242 hr.s).
- 2 zones of air conditioning g (inop.).
- Reverso 12 volt oil change pump/system.
- Racor fuel water separators for engine and genset.
- Fixed fire extinguisher in engine compartment.
- Insignia 18" flat screen tv.
- 2 hand pump marine toilets.
- Xantrex True Charge 40 battery changer with remote digital read out (operational).
- 12 volt oscillating cabin fans.
- Princess 3 burner stainless steel propane range/oven with safety shut off solenoid switch.
- Nissan NS8B outboard motor.
- Wood custom dinghy on stern davits.
- Transom swim ladder.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.