1982 Hans Christian 38T
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Old Saybrook, CT
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 134,900
Absolutely Spectacular Hans-Christian Motorsailer - One-owner
This Hans Christian is well maintained with all records.
Air conditioning, Heat, Vacuflush head, Awlgrip topside, new
teak decking just to name a few upgrades.
This one needs to be on your shortlist prior to making any purchase!!!
SHE IS SPECTACULAR!!!!!
A completely outfitted luxury cruising yacht including 2 private cabins for two with queen-sized beds, an extra wide pullout berth in the main salon, and a pilot berth. Its fully equipped galley offers hot and cold running water, a propane 3 burner stove and oven, a microwave and an electric refrigerator. The head includes Vacu-Flush toilet, marble sink and a separate timed shower. The cabin is fully air conditioned and includes Hi-Fi, DVD player, fold away TV and VCR player. The cockpit is comfortable and spacious.
This traditional double ender cutter rig was designed by American Harwood Ives, built in the Ta Shing boatyard in Taipei by Chinese carpenters, supervised by German engineers with American made hardware. The interior is all teak and a work of art. Hand built boats of this quality are no longer commercially affordable today, and this is a unique offering. Build heavy for blue water sailing, this boat boasts the strongest hull in the industry with 9000 pounds of lead glassed into its 6’ full length keel. This is a one owner boat that has been lovingly cared for and maintained like new. It has to be seen to be fully appreciated.
- Cutter Rigged with a Schaefer roller furled jib for easy sailing.
- 60hp Isuzu diesel marinized by GM in good condition. 3000 Hours
- Topsides are in show condition with 8 coats of varnish applied late last year
- Teak deck was recently re-built, completely replaced and in beautiful condition
- Topside was Awl-griped to maintain a new-like appearance.
- BlueSea electrical monitoring system
- Xantrex 55A Multistage "smart"charger and 1200 watt inverter with built in auto transfer switch
- Webasto Air conditioned throughout with soft-start to allow it to run shore power or portable generator
- Portable hand held VHF Radio
- Backup bilge pump
- Fenders, dock lines, life vests, boat hook etc.
- Fully equipped galley with hot and cold running water, a propane 3 burner stove and oven, a microwave and an 12v electric refrigerator complete tableware, pots and pans.
- Main stateroom includes custom 8” foam mattress with soft topper and fold back sections to make it easier to makeup the bed.
- Vacu-Flush toilet installed in 2015.
Brokers Comment: This motorsailer is a unique one owner vessel. She has been used gently and shows beautiful.
There are no disappointments on this one. Owner pride is evident throughout.
Bring your best Surveyor!!!!
Call Central Listing agent Ed Fairbanks 860-575-7935 for a private viewing
Please contact Ed Fairbanks at 860-795-0001
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 47 ft 0 in
Ballast: 9000 lbs
Dry Weight: 27000 lbs
Total Power: 60 HP
Engine Brand: Isuzu/GM
Year Built: 1982
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 3000
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 60 HP
Cruising Speed: 7 knots @ 3000 RPM
Maximum Speed: 8 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: 100 Stainless steel
Fuel Tanks: 90 Stainless steel
Holding Tanks: 15 Plastic
Number of single berths: 1
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 1
Number of heads: 1
Wind speed and direction
Fully battened mainsail
Electric bilge pump
Manual bilge pump
Shore power inlet
Outboard engine brackets
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Boat Model Review