- View Full Specifications
Special Boat Show Pricing
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / Other
- Located In:
- Stuart, FL
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 44,900
After an extensive re-fit, this elegant daysailer is ready to race! She is sleek, fast, stable and easily single-handed. With classic lines, she turns heads wherever she goes. She just completed a major re-fit at the Hinckley Yacht yard in Stuart, including:
- New Main Mast
- New Stainless Steel Wire Standing Rigging
- New Running Rigging
- New Clubfoot Self-tending Jib with Harken Tuff-Luff Foil
- New Fully Battened Doyle Mainsail on Battcar slides and track
- New Doyle Stack-Pak Mainsail Cover system
As her name implies, she is a "Joy" to sail in all wind conditions, either on your own or racing competitively with 2-4 crew. A recent survey puts her replacement value at three-times the asking price!
"Joy" is ready for inspection and seatrial. Call today to schedule your personal showing of this classic yacht!
If you're looking for a sailing yacht that's both exhilarating underway and earns compliments in the slip, they you owe it to yourself to see this remarkable gentleman's--or lady's--daysailer!
This vessel is near but NOT at our marina. Please call Bill directly at 804.433.6870--or e-mail email@example.com schedule your showing.
Please contact Bill King at 772/600-8535
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: BB10 Manufacturing
Designer: Børresen Brothers
Flag of Registry: United States
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 32 ft 10 in
Beam: 7 ft 6 in
LWL: 23 ft 11 in
Minimum Draft: 4 ft 9 in
Displacement: 5500 lbs
Ballast: 2698 lbs
Total Power: 10 HP
Engine Brand: Thunderstruck Motors
Year Built: 2016
Engine Model: Motersergy
Engine/Fuel Type: Other
Engine Hours: 10
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 10 HP
Cruising Speed: 6 knots @ 4000 RPM
Number of single berths: 2
Number of twin berths: 1
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
Electrical Circuit: 110V
Sails and Rig
The powerful 7/8 fractional rig was completely rebuilt in August, 2016, at the well-respected Hinckley Yacht Yard in Stuart to include:
- New aluminum mast
- New stainless steel chainplates, turnbuckles and wire standing rigging
- New Doyle mainsail with StackPack
- Unique stow-away Lazy Jacks for ease of dousing the main
- New Boomkicker rigid boom vang
- New Dacron sheets and halliards
- New Harken Tuff-Luff foresail track and foil
- 100% Jib and Asymmetrical Spinnaker
- Four winches, all with integral handles (no handles lost overboard!)
Hull, Deck and Equipment
Topsides, cabin top and below decks all sparkle since being refinished recently in Awlgrip Snow White. The Nu-Teak deck surface provides a classic complement aesthetically and sure-footing when going forward for a sail change. Other features include:
- New Raymarine Depth, Speed/Log and Wind instruments
- Plastimo Contest bulkhead mounted compass
- New Dual AM/FM Stereo with two Sony cockpit speakers
- New electrical panel and wiring
- 15# CQR anchor with 30' 1/4" chain and 200' 5/8" nylon rode
- New bottom paint August 2016
- Running lights for low visibility piloting
- Eight Life Jackets and 4 Type-IV throwable cushions
- Rule 1100 GPH electric bilge pump
- Whale Gusher manual bilge pump
- Teak cabin lockers and shelf fronts, finished bright
- Thetford Porta-Potti
The 10 HP (approximate) electric motor from Thunderstruck is mounted low in the hull. It quietly turns a three-blade bronze prop to power the BB-10 at 6 knots!
- New Motersergy electric motor 2016 (10 hours of service)
- Custom cockpit mounted control panel
- 5 AGM deep cycle batteries below forward bunk and cockpit
- ProNautic 24-20 P bulkhead mount battery charger
- Dripless stuffing box
This exceptional yacht compares favorably with virtually any other vessel in her class. From the desk of the Borresen Brothers in Denmark, the BB10 is known both for utility and outright speed on the race course. Joy, in particular, is set-up for ease of handling.
With full battens and a unique Lazy Jack system, the new Doyle main zips neatly into the Stack-Pak. A club-footed jib makes tacking a breeze. And with all new Dacron sheets and halliards led aft to the cockpit, single-handing is simple.
All these recent upgrades combine to make Joy an absolute delight underway. She'll turn 6.5 - 7 knots of speed in just nine or ten knots of true wind. She's fun in a breeze, too, when she heels to 15-degrees, digs in and slices through the chop.
Perfect for an afternoon on the river, a rousing romp around the buoys or even the occasional overnight on the hook, Joy will bring smiles to faces of captain and crew, even long after she's back in her slip.
Our company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.