1981 Lyman-Morse Seguin
- View Full Specifications
Price just reduced
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Camden, ME
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 159,000
BIG PRICE REDUCTION!
Owners are want to sell now.
I am excited to have the listing of the 1st Seguin 44. After over a decade of cruising the current owners are moving on. We want to find the stewards of this gem of a cruising yacht. Like most Lyman-Morse boats, "Hob Nob" has been well cared for. The current owners have made continuous upgrades and complete major overhauls when needed, like the most recent replacement of all standing rigging and mast, boom painting. She just had a bottom survey(10/17) and found to be safe and sound vessel.
Hob Nob is now hauled in Camden, Maine and is available for showings to anyone interested in boarding her.
Please contact Scott F. Layton for addition information and to schedule a showing.
Mobile: (207) 701-1235
Please contact Scott Layton at 207-354-6904 ext. 143
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Lyman-Morse Boatbuilding, Co.
Designer: Sparkman & Stephens
Flag of Registry: United States
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 44 ft 0 in
Beam: 12 ft 9 in
LWL: 33 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 6 in
Displacement: 28935 lbs
Headroom: 6 ft 6 in
Total Power: 88 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 4JH-2DTE
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 88 HP
Cruising Speed: 6 knots
Maximum Speed: 8 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: 2 Stainless steel (75 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 3 Stainless steel (25 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 (15 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 2
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
Electrical Circuit: 12V
Accommodations and Details
Aft quarter cabin with closing door has three large drawers below bunk, drawer and two lockers in bureau and large seat with storage under. Ample storage under berth.
Pilot berth on Starboard side above settee stbd side.
Liquor locker forward of Stbd Settee with wine storage racks one side and 6 custom carafes and glass storage on the other side.
V berth has 4 drawers and 4 lockers for storage. 15 Gallon approx holding tank with deck pump-out pump under V berth, Y valve in head locker.
Espar heater vents in Aft Cabin, Salon, Head and V Berth.
Head: All Bronze Wilcox –Critenden Skipper II (2006)
- Force 10 Stove (2006), new propane copper line (2006) new propane hoses (2015)
- Propane solenoid control switch in galley.
- Hot water heater AC and engine heated.
- Crosby engine driven refrigeration for fridge and freezer.
- Frigoboat air-cooled system ac/dc for fridge box ( 2011). Compressor located under cabin sole.
The galley is very functional and practical. The U shape is secure at sea. It is not necessary to use a belt to cook at the stove since you can brace against the counters on either tack. At anchor there is a lot of counter space because of the large counter above the engine compartment. Two people can work there, one on each side of the peninsula. There are three drawers for utensil storage.
Espar heater and refrigeration compressor accessible through large sail locker in cockpit.
- Raymarine autopilot ST 6002 (2007) with remote, chain-driven on dedicated quadrant.
- Icom IC-M422 VHF with remote mic in cockpit ( 2006)
- Furuno GP-32 GPS receiver (2006)
- Raymarine radar 24” 4 kw 48 mile, SL70CRC Plus and integrated chart plotter.
- Proper ground plane for SSB radio installed in hull during build with copper strips running the length of the hull.
- MFJ Antenna Tuner ( 2007 )
- Icom IC- 718 HAM radio SSB ( requires HAM radio license to operate) installed but also have SGC Marine SSB radio available, but not on the boat.
- 2 - 220 amp hour gel cell D 8 batteries (2011), installed under cabin sole.
- Heart inverter 2000 watt, integral battery charger.
- Isolation Transformer: Victron Energy 2000W installed 2008, with 120 to 120, 120 – 240, or 240-240.
- 100 amp silver bullet alternator
- Link 2000R three stage regulator and electrical monitoring system
- Separate 120 vac and 12 V electrical panels with voltage and current meters.
- Very good access to rear of electrical panel from inside large hanging locker.
- LED interior lights
- Cruising dacron main by Elvstrom (2012), two reef points with jiffy reefing on forward end of boom. Note: Reefing at the mast is very easy and secure because one sits on the stainless guard tubing of the dorade boxes and it is a perfectly secure seat from which all the winches and lines necessary for reefing are reachable. The hard boom vang holds the boom up without having to use a boom topping lift greatly simplifying the reefing process.
- 120% Cruising dacron Genoa Elvstrom (2012)
- Hood staysail 1981
- Hood storm staysail 1981
- Hood storm Trysail 1981
- Hood 1985 Cruising Spinnaker with snuffer sock
- Anchor chain 200 ft 3/8” G43 high strength ( 2016)
- Lighthouse 1501 solid stainless windlass with spare motor
- Dodger ( 2010)
- SS and teak boarding ladder, rail mounted folds for storage
Do not be scared of the teak deck.
Deck regrooved and recaulked 2013 with teak deck systems caulk, see photos.
( aft deck and cockpit sole not done yet ) The deck is still about 7/16 inch thick ( see photo) and is 35 yrs old. It will last at least 50 years, since it was ½ inch thick when new. The deck does not leak. The planking is set in 5200 and is screwed to the top layer of the deck sandwich and the screws do not penetrate through to the interior of the yacht. The deck is trouble-free and in excellent shape.
- Tapered aluminum mast stepped on keel.
- Mast and boom repainted with Awlgrip (2016)
- Harken roller-furling jib, two grooves in luff section.
- All turnbuckles are chrome plated bronze ( 2006)
- Fail-safe Hain backstay insulators ( 2006 )
- All standing wire rigging replaced (2016) . Consistes of swaged fittings at top(by Rigging Only) and Sta-loc fittings at bottom
- Main chainplates replaced (2006)
- Upper shroud tangs on mast replaced (2006)
- MOB Pole, Lifesling MOB rescue bouy, horseshoe bouy, ACR Global Fix
- Pro 406 MHz GPS EPIRB ( 2014) . There is also an old ACR 2758 406 EPIRB that is out-of-date and cannot be serviced, but still tests functional, useful as a backup. 8 Person Avon Life Raft last certified in 2013.
- Avon 8 person life raft ( last inspected (2014)
- Five 3.5 lb dry chemical extinguishers below decks, one automatic freon type extinguisher in the engine compartment, one 4.5 lb dry chemical extinguisher in cockpit locker ( 2013)
- Cutless bearing replaced (2016)
- Navtec Hydraulic Backstay Adjustor ( 2006 )
- Forespar rigid boom vang ( 2006 )
- Steering control cable replaced ( 2006 ) , spare wire and chain on board
- Extensive inventory of engine spares
- Spare alternator, yanmar water pump, house water pump, wash-down pump and
- Lighthouse windlass motor.
- Tank Tender system for fuel and water tank levels.
All speeds, measurements, capacities, consumptions, etc. may be approximate or estimated. Specifications provided for information only. Data was obtained from sources believed to be reliable and is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes the responsibility to ascertain the correctness of all data contained herein and otherwise provided and must instruct his agent and surveyors to confirm all details for accuracy prior to purchase. Subject to prior sale, price and inventory change, or withdrawal from market without notice.
Other Boats from Lyman-Morse Boatbuilding Co.
Thomaston, ME, United States
Jet Boat Express/Flybridge
Unknown, ME, United States
HUNT Express Cruiser Flybridge
Unknown, ME, United States
Farr 63 Racer/Cruiser
Unknown, MA, United States