- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- MD, United States
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 155,000
This rare Hinckley 43 aft-cockpit, centerboard sloop is a real find. Outlandish is in fantastic condition with gorgeous brightwork. She has been very well maintained and has received many recent upgrades including new mast and rigging, sails, a rebuilt engine, and a new dodger. She boasts both air conditioning and Espar heat.
She is as beautiful as she is fast and built with legendary Hinckley elegance and strength, a timeless Classic at a very affordable price.
Specializing in Quality Cruising Yachts
Please contact listing broker - Roger Johansson 410-867-9022
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Ted Hood
LOA: 43 ft 0 in
Beam: 12 ft 4 in
LWL: 33 ft 10 in
Minimum Draft: 4 ft 4 in
Maximum Draft: 11 ft 6 in
Displacement: 25500 lbs
Engine Brand: Westerbeke(rebuilt 2007)
Engine Model: 4-108 FWC
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Fresh Water Tanks: (200 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (60 Gallons)
Light Ash interior sleeps eight in two quarterberths, forward stateroom, convertible dinette, and over/under berths in saloon. Two opening hatches and four dorade vents provide plenty of ventilation. The cabin sole is teak and holly. There is plenty of 12 volt lighting and well placed 110 volt outlets. Comfort is assured by Marine Air 16,000 BTU AC and Espar diesel heating. The boat is equipped with an Alpine cassette AM/FM tuner with speakers in the saloon and cockpit.
- Saloon with U-shaped dinette that converts to double berth
- Folding table seats at least eight
- Wet locker
- Lots of storage
- Liquor cabinet
- Forward stateroom has v-berth with insert
- Bureau, bookshelves, hanging and storage lockers
- Private access to head from forward cabin
- Head includes Wilcox Crittendon toilet, vanity with sink, stall shower with teak grate, and linen locker
- Aft Cabin double berth with inset. Full length mirror, loads of storage and lockers
The galley is divided with stove and fridge to starboard and centerline sink and storage island to port. (The nav station is outboard of the sink on the port side).
- Shipmate three burner propane stove with oven.
- Deep stainless steel sink with hot and cold pressurized water.
- Grunert Versamatic refrigerator/freezer.
- Copious counter and storage space.
- Portlights with curtains
Electronics & Navigation Equipment
- Wood Freeman autopilot with cockpit remote unit.
- Garmin 2010 chartplotter (2004) at nav station or cockpit.
- Furuno Radar on Questus backstay.-2008
- Raymarine wind,speed, and distance log with repeater (2004).
- Two Datamarine depth sounders.
- Raytheon Ray 90 VHF radio.
- Ritchie 5" compass in cockpit and 3" compass at nav station.
- TV antenna at masthead
- Tricolor with strobe at masthead
- 12 volt DC system with with distribution panels
- Battery parallel switch.
- Four 6 volt batteries for service bank
- One 12 battery for starting
- High output alternator for service bank and secondary alt for starting battery.
- 110V Heart battery charger/ inverter.
- Two 30 amp shore power inlets one for domestic and one dedicated for reversed cycled heat.
- Two shore power cables.
- 110V outlets though out cabin
- 16,000 BTU Marine Air reverse cycle AC/Heat - 2012
The deck is non-skid FRP with and Airex core. The brightwork is varnished teak.
- Ideal electric windlass.
- CQR #45 anchor.
- Two danforth anchors.
- Anchor davit.
- New dodger - August 2014
- Two horseshoe life rings.
- Switlik 6-man liferaft (deck-mounted needs re-certification )
- Dock lines and fenders.
- Hatch and companionway screens.
- 10' Zodiac dinghy with 4hp Yamaha.
- Yamaha 4HP outboard.
- Outboard lift.
- Boat cover.
- Fresh and salt water washdowns.
- Flag blue Awlgrip (2004)
- Hand laid FRP with Airex core.
- Modified full keel with centerboard.
- Skeg hung rudder.
- The designer Ted Hood proclaimed the H43 to be one of the fastest cruising boats of its time backed up by rating coparisons,sistership to Outlandish were physically measured for the IMS rule in the 80's.Measured displacement -28,083,Stbix 127,1 (degrees of inclination)General purpose reading 655
Engine & Mechanical Equipment
- Westerbeke 4-108 FWC 50 Hp diesel engine (rebuilt 2007).aprx 100 hours since rebuilt.
- Hurth 2:1 transmission (rebuilt 2007)
- 3-blade feathering max prop( rebuilt 2007). SS 1" prop shaft
- Oversize alternator
- Emergency tiller
- Electric and manual bilge pumps.
- Pressure water pump.
- Hot water heater heated by engine or 110V element.
- Racor fuel filter
Sails & Rigging
- Forespar keel stepped mast and boom New 2008.
- Electric in-mast furling
- SS standing rigging with Stalok fittings (2008)
- Forespar roller furling genoa (2008)
- Internal halyards
- Nine Barient winches - seven are self tailing
- Mainsail (in-mast furling) North 2008
- 135% genoa - North 2008
- 150% drifter/reacher (2008)
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Free State Yachts
Canary Islands, Spain
Deale, MD, United States
Deale, MD, United States