- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Twin / diesel
- Located In:
- Old Saybrook, CT
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 275,000
*INCOME PRODUCING* ! This 1981 56' Hatteras Wide Body Motor Yacht is located in Old Saybrook, CT.
She is in very good condition and has always been professionally maintained by her owner / Captain. He has spared no expense to keep her in the condition you would expect on a world class cruising Motor Yacht built by a legendary boat builder. This is a very rare vessel being U.S. Coast Guard Inspected and Certified for 37 total (crew & passengers); she has a great corporate and celebrity following for charter in and around Long Island Sound and the Northeast. Her certification is current at the time of this writing and you can be living on board, chartering or cruising this weekend. Current Certificate of Inspection for 37 total and charter business grossing over $150,000 / year. Successful Charter Business is available.
She is powered by twin Detroit 8V92TI Diesels and two generators, a 20 KW Northern Lights and a 10 KW Westerbeke that supply power while under way. She will sleep up to 8 owners and guests comfortably in her Master Stateroom, Guest Stateroom, crew Quarters and main salon. This is a three stateroom configuration. This fine 56 Hatteras has one of the most popular layouts for cruising or living on board ever seen on an American Yacht. A complete lower deck runs from bow to stern with three staterooms, full galley and dinette, three heads and showers and a unique split, port and starboard, full walk-in engine compartments for easy inspection and engine maintenance. Her main deck features separate lower helm station, large main salon and enclosed same level aft deck, a.k.a. Fort Lauderdale style, which visually allows the main salon to flow into the aft deck, now "alfresco style". Main salon is bright, airy and well lit and nicely decorated. (decorating updates and new paint 2013)
Her fly-bridge is large and spacious and offers great visibility and comfort for your cruising time on board. Her owner will consider all serious offers and she may be seen by appointment by calling our office. If you are looking for a great cruising yacht, live-aboard vessel or business opportunity you must view this vessel.
"Representing fine quality boats and yachts in all sizes both power and sail. Full Yacht Sales and Yacht Brokerage Services including finance, insurance, extended warranty and documentation nationwide. Looking for the perfect boat? I can help. Contact me seven days a week for a showing by appointment. Captain John Hotte 860-460-1311"
*Thank You for stopping by. We are available seven days a week. Showings by appointment. Financing available to qualified buyers. Other services include survey, insurance, documentation, closings and service. Be sure to subscribe to our Newsletter and Join us on Facebook . Call 203-542 0827 or email Info@RCYachtSales.com.
* RCYS is a Veterans owned and operated organization.
* Contact RCYS about a career in yacht sales.
* Florida State Licensed
* Established 1975
Please contact John Hotte at 860-460-1311
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 56 ft 0 in
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
- Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
- Builder: Hatteras
- Designer: Hargrave
- LOA: 56’2” Beam: 18’2” Displacement: 74,000 lb
- Draft: 4’ 11” Max Persons 50
- Engine(s): Detroit Diesel Engine(s) HP: 650 Engine Model: 8V92TI
- Hours: 3000 +/- Cruising Speed: 12 Max Speed: 18
- Tankage Fuel: 1100 (twin 550) Water: 300
- Waste: 250
- Documentation # D1027286
- Hull ID: HATBR3161081
- Hatteras detailed hull diagrams and blueprints for all operating and stationary equipment; operational instruction books for all equipment.
- US Coast Guard Inspected and Certified for Fifty (50) persons total; last inspection April 2010.
- Standard Features:
- The top and hull were painted with Alex Seal in 2008 and Blue Micron paint was applied to the bottom 2010 (no history of blisters ever as USCG requires bottom inspection biennially).
- The Helm/Pilothouse area is accessed through port and starboard sliding wood doors (refurbished 2008) and offers a bench seat that easily accommodates three with a handy collapsing footrest. Of course all controls are positioned for ease of piloting this stabilized, blue water cruising vessel. Starboard side companionway accesses the galley deck and lower deck staterooms.
- The salon has three barrel chairs and a J-shaped full sized sofa with sleeper. Guests can enjoy the full sized TV and Sony stereo/CD/DVD connected via a KVH satellite system which serves the entire vessel including the staterooms; stereo speakers also provide music to the salon, fly-bridge and foredeck areas via three separate amplifiers. Perimeter, recessed lighting with dimmer switch and a lighted etched decorative glass art piece create a pleasurable ambiance.
- Aft of the salon is the custom rear dining room (refurbished and custom wooden blinds 2008) featuring a rarely seen factory installed (Fort Lauderdale style) hard enclosure. This unique room offers a beautiful, pedestal wood table with seating for six or for buffet presentations; the port-side wet bar and commercial ice maker contribute to the entertainment factor and the fly-bridge ladder is also accessed from this room.
- The Galley offers a full sized refrigerator/freezer, four burner stove/oven, dishwasher, microwave, garbage disposal (new sump pump), coffee maker, toaster, blender, stainless steel auto-open garbage can and plenty of cabinet storage. The booth style dinette is located to starboard with cushioned bench seats and storage beneath. A new (2008) LG washer/dryer unit is located to starboard down the stairs from the galley to the lower deck going aft toward the staterooms.
- The forward cabin (focile) features two bunk-berths, hanging locker, bureau, two screened port holes and escape hatch, anchor locker access and a full head with separate shower stall to port. The port side, mid-ship stateroom located aft of the gallery offers two separate berths with a night table between, a cedar hanging closet, drawers under the beds and a wine cabinet, reading lights, two screened portholes; a full head with separate shower stall is located across the hall to starboard.
- Down the hall between the engine rooms and aft is the full beam, master stateroom featuring a centerline queen size bed, (curtains, bedspread and valance new 2008) with en-suite full head with separate shower/tub (new vacu-flush toilet 2009). There are two large, cedar hanging closets with an abundance of drawer and storage space throughout the master suite.
- All staterooms, the galley and the saloon enjoy AC/heat via five separately zoned thermostats. The Master and Mid-ship staterooms have the benefit of individually controlled satellite TV/Stereo and all staterooms have a telephone intercom.
- The fully enclosed fly-bridge is extended relating to the custom dining room enclosure below and offers a U-shaped cushioned bench with pedestal coffee table. The refrigerator and ice maker makes this area perfect for large gatherings and entertaining. There is a swiveling, Captain’s pedestal chair and, of course, full helm controls and repeaters located on the bridge. An electric davit for a tender is located on the aft portion of the fly-bridge deck.
- Revere 8 man lift raft USCG approved and inspected (new 2009); Rope cutting Gun SO-79901; EPIRB Wessex Catergory 1 406 mHZ (2008) registered with USCG; Commercial USCG life jackets -52 Adult and 8 Child (new 2007); Flare kit; Complete alarm system (burglar, water level, smoke, heat, entry); smoke detectors in all staterooms, engine rooms and galley; AlcoMate Plus Alcohol test kit; certified inspection of all radios and radar 2008; automatic bilge pumps with alarms (new pumps, float switches, alarms 2010) and high water alarms as specified by USCG. Kidde CO2 fire systems.
- The port and starboard Engine rooms are accessed via 4 doors with overhead lighting. Twin Detroit Diesel 8V92TI 650 HP Turbo-charged engines (Port engine new 1995) coupled to Allison transmissions with dual automatic engine synchronizers. Approximately 3000 hours
- Two (2) generators: 10 KW Westerbeke (new 2008 approx. 524 hours), 20 KW Northern Lights (1995 approx. 4960 hours) both located in mechanical compartment room under galley sole.
- Racor filter systems for engines and generators.
- Kidde CO2 fire systems.
- Blowers in generator and engine rooms (new 2008)
- Batteries: Eight (8) 8 Volt for 32 Volt system (new 2010) and Two (2) 12 Volt (new 2008) with automatic charging system 12 and 32 Volt (new 2009) with new backup.
- Hydraulic shifting and throttle system (new 2008).
- Naiad stabilizers (dual station) and Bennett Trim tabs.
- Electric anchor windlass system (new 2007; dual station controls on deck & fly-bridge) with Plow anchor on 200 feet chain (new 2007) and 300 feet anchor rope; spare Danforth anchor.
- Cruise-air 5 station heat and AC with 5 thermostats.
- Smoke detectors, automatic bilge pumps with bilge alarms and high water alarms throughout the vessel as specified by USCG.
- Oil change system with pump. Two (2) spare props and one (1) spare shaft.
- 40 Gallon hot water heater.
- Fuel System:
- Dual Racor filters ensure the ability to clean one while still providing fuel to the engines underway. The generators are also serviced by Racor filters.
- Two Garmin GPS Chartplotters with East Coast chips; Garmin portable GPS (new 2008); GPS tracking system with MOB alert (new 2008); Computer Chartplotter (CAPN Navigator software with all updated US charts) GPS integrated. Furuno 72 mile radar; Raytheon 48 mile radar; Robertson auto-pilot with station remote; Richie 10” compass (wheelhouse & fly-bridge); Rudder angle indicator; KVH Trac Vision 4 w/Gyrotrac servicing all staterooms, salon and bridge (new 2007); Uniden UM 525 marine radio with GPS (new 2008); Wireless remote Uniden marine radio (new 2008); Motorola marine radio on bridge; spare marine radio; Furuno fish-finder FCV-665 w/knot meter and sonar; Single side-band radio SEA 106; Data Marine speed-time-distance electronic log w/knot meter; Data Marine depth finders in the wheelhouse and fly-bridge; Hailer, intercom and PA system (new 2007); Bridge hailer (new 2006); dual remote spotlights.
- Pilothouse bench seats three comfortably.
- The salon provides three barrel chairs and a J-shaped sofa to enjoy the full sized satellite TV and stereo system.
- A bench seat that easily accommodates 6+ is positioned facing forward on the foredeck with a sunning/seating platform situated on the coach roof forward of the pilothouse. Two cushioned dunnage boxes offer additional seating and storage. (all foredeck cushions new 2008)
- The fly-bridge has a swivel pedestal Captain seat and u-shaped, bench around a pedestal coffee table perfect for entertaining. (new cushions 2010)
- The rarely seen Fort Lauderdale (hard enclosure) covered rear dining room has a beautiful, stationary wood table with seating for six or a buffet presentation.
- The fore deck features a bow pulpit with electric windlass w/chain, rode and anchor (dual station on bridge); two cushioned dunnage/storage boxes (port & starboard); 4 stainless fender racks; freshwater outlet and a molded, cushioned bench seat. A large sun-pad/seating area is positioned behind this bench seat on the coach roof that continues to the reset windshield. The walkway decks are large and run along the port and starboard sides aft to the dining room accessed via wood swing doors. There is an aft deck enabling access to the stern cleats and a ladder down to the swim platform w/boarding ladder (refurbished 2008); a freshwater hose outlet is located on the starboard side of this aft deck. Four cleats are strategically located along both sides of the vessel enabling easy docking procedures and tie-up. There are gang-way steps and boarding ladder that stow along the walkways and two dock boarding staircases (3 & 4 steps new 2008).
- There is an endless list of spare parts available as well.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Robert Christopher Yacht Sales
Stamford, CT, United States
Custom 5 Deck
Miami, FL, United States
Dejong And Lebet
Custom Dinner Cruise Boat 1996
Palm Beach, FL, United States
120 Albin Grand Sport Yacht
Unknown, CT, United States
65 NORTH SEA CUTTER
STAMFORD, CT, United States
52 TE Grand Sportfish
Unknown, CT, United States