- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Portland , ME
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 32,500
JENNY LEE is a heavily-built, traditional, offshore cruising 37' Formosa Ketch. She has had four previous owners and she was sailed mostly in fresh water on the Great Lakes. In 2008, the present owners purchased the vessel and sailed her through the Erie Canal, up the NE Coast to Nova Scotia. Because the owner is a Merchant Marine Pilot, he is unable to find adequate time to use this graceful vessel. JENNY LEE was hauled in Fall of 2010 and has been covered ever since.
Please review the listing carefully, and note many recent upgrades. The Sellers have reluctantly listed her for sale, and are offering her at a VERY attractive, low asking price. Thank you for your interest.
Annie Gray is a longstanding YBAA member, offering 41 years of experience in assisting clients in the purchase or sale of high quality yachts of distinction.
Please call Annie at 207-363-7997 or on her cell at 603-498-3450.
Please contact Annie Gray at 207-363-7997
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Formosa Boatbuilding Ltd, Tai Pei, Taiwan
LOA: 41 ft 0 in
Beam: 11 ft 5 in
LWL: 27 ft 10 in
Length on Deck: 37 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 2 in
Displacement: 18600 lbs
Headroom: 6 ft 7 in
Total Power: 25 HP
Engine Brand: Volvo Penta
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 25 HP
HULL & DECK:
- Traditional full keeled ketch.
- Solid fiberglass hull, white painted hull, black bottom (smooth bottom).
- Clipper bow with Classic lines.
- Teak over fiberglass decks.
- Teak bow pulpit and bowsprit; S/S bow rail.
- Teak caprails.
- Upgraded S/S stanchions built into teak taffrail to strengthen rail for dinghy davits.
- Rebuilt 6 deck hatches with new gaskets and dogs, and epoxy coated.
- 13 heavy duty bronze opening ports.
- Trunk cabin has 6'7" headroom - custom ordered with higher trunk cabin.
- Several new bronze thru-hull, 2013.
- Butterfly hatch with cover.
- Manual windlass.
- Teak swim ladder at transom.
- Painted dinghy davits.
- Teak spoked wheel steering with Plastimo compass in binnacle.
- Teak helm seat.
- Double lifelines.
Water: 40 gallons in 2 S/S tanks.
Holding: 10-12 gallons in poly tank with y-valve to direct discharge.
ENGINE & MECHANICAL:
- Volvo Penta 25 hp diesel, 2 cylinder, SWC (engine rebuilt at top end in 2010 in Nova Scotia).
- Under 20 hours since rebuild.
- Transmission rebuilt 2013.
- New soundproofing.
- New engine mounts 2011.
- Two Racor fuel filters.
- 2016 new S/S shaft, cutlass bearing, new coupling, new shaft tube, stuffing box, new 2 bladed fixed LH prop ($7,000 spent).
- 2009 new saltwater pump.
- Tach does not work - sold AS IS.
- No hour meter (hours unknown).
- 12V-110V systems - circuit breaker panels (some old wiring).
- 55 amp alternator.
- 30 amp 110V shore power.
- 350w inverter.
- New wiring for batteries in new boxes, 2008.
- Three deep cycle Group 27 batteries for house; one starting engine battery and one battery for refrigeration.
- No hot water heater.
- For 5 in two staterooms, a main salon and one enclosed head, with an exquisitely-finished teak interior.
- Forward stateroom features a vee berth that sleeps two, with storage outboard and below.
- Aft to port is an enclosed head with Raritan manual head, sink with cold pressure water, and storage (shower not hooked up).
- Main salon has a single settee to port and starboard with new 2010 attractive upholstery; storage lockers outboard and a dining table is mounted off centerline; a brass trawler lamp adds to the "old world" charm, along with the varnished attractive teak joinery.
- Further aft to port is a double berth quarter berth cabin and hanging locker.
- Opposite the quarter berth cabin at the base of companionway, is the galley which is compact but efficient, with a S/S sink with cold pressure water, two burner LPG stove with oven, and 12V refrigeration (small freezer on bottom).
- The companionway leads to a large and spacious cockpit.
- 2009 Uniden Solara with DSC VHF.
- 2009 Garmin 478 GPS-Map.
- Pioneer stereo with 12 CD changer and two speakers in salon and cockpit.
- Depthsounder and speedometer.
SAILS & RIGGING:
- Ketch rig.
- Aluminum masts and booms; mainmast stepped on keel.
- 46' mast height, for going under bridges.
- One jiffy reefing on mizzen; two jiffy reefs on main.
- New 2010 North Sails mizzen, used only once.
- Main, repaired 2010, serviceable for another year.
- North Sails 120% genoa, repaired 2010, in good shape.
- Another light air main and mizzen (nylon).
- Hood roller furler system (continuous loop) - not installed at this time (owner has purchased a new roller furler).
- Travellers for main and mizzen.
- New gooseneck for mizzen - not yet installed.
- Two Barlow 26 sheet winches with rubber self tailers.
- Barlow mainsheet winch and halyard winch.
- Small mizzen halyard winch.
- Old sail covers and hatch covers.
- Some new running rigging; S/S standing rigging original.
- 20 lb CQR Plow anchor with 10' chain and rode.
- 35 lb Danforth anchor with chain and rode.
- 15 lb Danforth anchor.
- Fenders, docklines, life jackets, fire extinguisher.
- BBQ grill.
- One 6lb LPG bottle.
- 2010 Vinyl cockpit cushions.
- Bimini-needs replacing; Dodger - is not great.
- Cushion and back rest at helm.
- Orange lifering.
- Manual bilge pump.
COMMENTS: JENNY LEE is a heavily-built, traditional, offshore cruising 37' Formosa Ketch. She has had four previous owners and she was sailed mostly in fresh water on the Great Lakes. In 2008, the present owners purchased the vessel and sailed her through the Erie Canal, up the NE Coast to Nova Scotia. Because the owner is a Merchant Marine Pilot, he is unable to find adequate time to use this graceful vessel. JENNY LEE was hauled in Fall of 2010 and has been covered ever since.
Please review the listing carefully, and note many recent upgrades. The Sellers have reluctantly listed her for sale, and are offering here at a VERY attractive, low asking price. Thank you for your interest.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.
Other Boats from Gray & Gray Yacht Brokers, Inc.
Center Cockpit Ketch
Yarmouth, ME, United States
Cat Ketch 31
Nobleboro, ME, United States
Portland, ME, United States
Bangor, ME, United States
Expedition Three Masted
marconi rigged Schooner
Belfast, ME, United States
36 Flybridge Cruiser
Stonington, ME, United States