- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Nanaimo, BC
- Hull Material:
- Last Listed Price:
- Can$ 62,000 (US$ 46,705)
New price C$ 67,000 62,000
Designed by S.C Huntingford and built by Cooper Enterprises Ltd in Port Coquitlam "Little Voices" is a fully enclosed centre cockpit, cutter rigged, motor-sailer ideal for exploring the Pacific North West in all weathers.
Large windows in the salon avoid that claustrophobic feel many find in sailboats, while the long ballasted keel and mainsail can help to reduce the rolling motion that inflicts trawler yachts and keeps so many waiting in port. She possesses plenty of storage, and a gentle seagoing manner which makes her easy to single hand. Three heating systems have helped ensure the BC winter is held at bay and made year round cruising a pleasure.
The yacht has been used by the current owners for over 15 years to explore local waters including a circumvention of Vancouver Island. She has been well maintained as can be evidenced by the meticulous records and would make a very comfortable live aboard or long range cruiser.
Please contact to Neil Fitter Toll-free 1.866.370.9130 Office 250.716.2022 Cell 250.327.4185
Call Neil on 250 327 4185 and let the journey begin!
Please contact Neil Fitter at 250.716.2022
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 37 ft 0 in
Beam: 11 ft 6 in
Displacement: 20000 lbs
Ballast: 6000 lbs
Total Power: 50 HP
Engine Brand: Perkins
Year Built: 1981
Engine Model: 4-108
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 50 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 (80 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 1 Aluminum (80 Gallons)
- In calm seas the owner cruises under power at 2000 rpm which pushes "Little Voices" along at about 6 knots. Estimated fuel consumption at this pace is a meagre 3 litres per hour. (Thats under $4 per hour!) With a full tank this suggests 100 hours of fuel with a range of 600NM.
Perkins 4-108, 41 BHP, Diesel
Model No: ED22195C 56Z5850
- Straight four naturally aspirated.
- Fresh water cooled via heat exchanger.
- Stainless steel 1 14" shaft with dripless seal.
- Sacrificial plastic buffer between the transmission and the shaft coupling
- Borg Warner reduction gear
- Borg Warner Velvetdrive 71C (10-17-000-008)
- Reduction: 1.91:1
- 3 bladed composite folding prop
- Spare bronze 3 bladed prop
- Prop last lubed June 2016
- Great engine access with two large hatches either side. The central section can also be removed allowing complete access. A gantry support is included which allows the owner to swing the engine out if needed.
- Electric oil pump out
Injector Pump: CAV Distributor type Max RPM: 4480
Oil Filter: Fram CPH8A
- LED lighting on a microswitch lights engine space when hatches are opened.
- Sound insulated
- Maintenance records going back over 15 years
Hull, Deck and Rigging
- Fibreglass hull and house
- Bottom painted and zincs checked or replaced June 2016.
- Balsa core decks
- Long keel with 6000 Lbs of internal lead ballast.
- Aluminium Mast
- Stainless steel rigging
- Fixed front cockpit screen with fibreglass cockpit cover
- Canvas covers on side and and back completely enclose the cockpit
- Winter covers for external bright work are stored in the vast forward locker.
- Teak varnished bench seating in covered cockpit.
- Plastic helm seat can fold away under the bench seating.
- Lockers on either side are of good size with gas shocks to hold them open
- Propane lockers under helm seat drains overboard.
- Two propane tanks, 20lb and 10lb spare.
- Binnacle has switch for strobe light on top of the mast. Good for getting peoples attention in emergencies.
- Binnacle plug for autopilot remote control.
- Binnacle switch for screen wipers, horn, compass light and windlass remote.
- 20k Bruce anchor 125' chain
- Another 125' rode
- Spare Danforth anchor
- Electric Anchor Winch
- Anchor mast light fitted with light sensor.
- Custom built fibreglass housing for a portable generator.
- Manual bilge pump in PS cockpit locker with hose extention that will reach anywhere in the boat.
- Automatic bilge pump located in the engine room
- Bilge pump monitor lets you know if pump has been or is being activated.
- All through hulls fitted with valves.
- Main 2005 by Lee Sails, slab reefing and stack pac stowage
- Genoa 135% with roller reefing
- Staysail lightly used
- Cruising Spinnaker 2005, used twice.
- Two Anderson #46 self tailing winches.
- One #12 Anderson self tailing winch
- Two lemar winches
- 2 Golf Cart house batteries 2014
- Starting battery 2016
- Both housed in box on the port side of the engine room
- 2000w inverter charger
- Two alternators
- Battery charger
- Solar panel fitter with solar boost 2000E to boost efficiency by about 20%
- Raython radar
- Garmin gps
- AIS receiver
- Simrad echo sounder, speed and wind indicators
- 4" compass in binnacle.
- Chartplotterbuilt into the salon table. (A flat screened PC monitor). Charts on PC cover from Mexico to Northern BC
- Hill Range gimballed three burner propane stove with oven with range hood above
- Electric fridge freezer with monitor
- 6 gallon SS hot water tank.
- When on shorepower there is a hotwater on demand tap in the galley. Hot enough for coffee on demand! (Even hot enough for tea I am told).
- Espar heater
- Baseboard heater in aft cabin for when dockside in the winter.
- Sigmar diesel heater with 6 gallon day tank, good for 2/3 days. Monitor shows the levels in the tank and it refills at the flick of a switch from the main engine diesel tank.
- Heat sensors on the heater turn on fans at 30 degrees to circulate the warm air, and another alarm is fitted in case of overheating.
- 110 volt electric heater
- Golden rod locker heaters in two locker aft and two forward. Help keep air circulating and prevents mildew in the winter.
- Mount for small navigation repeater in the aft cabin.
- LED lights throughout except for the chart table and fridge freezer lights.
- Night lights (red) over galley, Navigation table and the forward head.
- Many lockers are attached with micro switches to turn on internal LED lights when opened.
- Blackout linings on all curtains reflects heat
- Bug screens throughout.
- Water maker in starboard side cockpit locker, but needs new membrane.
- Holding tanks and macerator for each head with level monitors
- Huge forward locker contains life preservers dinghy grab bag, and electric heaters for use during winter layup.
- Alarm system
- Throughout there is a lot of storage space on board which makes the boat ideal for extended cruising or living aboard
- Aqua-pro 8'6" dinghy
- 8HP Tohatsu outboard
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Calibre Yacht Sales
Long Range Cruiser With Gyro.
Ladysmith, BC, Canada
North Sea Trawler
Genoa Bay, BC, Canada
Nanoose, BC, Canada
Nanaimo, BC, Canada
Aluminum Coastal Cruiser
Sidney, BC, Canada