- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Phippsburg, ME
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 59,000
Among the last Bristol 40s built, SPINDRIFT has been lovingly cared for by her current owners who purchased her in 2004. Each winter she has benefited from equipment replacements or notable maintenance projects and along with indoor storage for eight months of the year presents herself as a much newer vessel. Having been retrofitted with a Hoyt self tending jib boom, she is both a dream to sail and easily handled at that!
"A Certified Professional Yacht Broker and Past President of the Yacht Brokers Association of America, Bill holds an Unlimited Master Mariner's License and has over 40 years experience in marine fields. Bill has been a broker with ECYS since 1998.".
Please contact Bill Full, CPYB at 207-846-4545
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Bristol Yachts
Designer: Ted Hood
Hull Shape: Displacement
LOA: 40 ft 0 in
Beam: 10 ft 9 in
LWL: 27 ft 6 in
Length on Deck: 40 ft 0 in
Minimum Draft: 5 ft 8 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 8 in
Displacement: 17508 lbs Full Load
Ballast: 6500 lbs
Total Power: 40 HP
Engine Brand: Westerbeke
Year Built: 1981
Engine Model: 4-107
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Engine Power: 40 HP
Cruising Speed: 6 knots @ 2400 RPM
Maximum Speed: 7 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: 2 Fiberglass (130 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 1 Aluminum (33 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 Plastic (10 Gallons)
The Bristol 40s afford a warm inviting interior for up to 6 with full varnished mahogany joiner work with varnished teak and holly sole with 6'-4" headroom in the salon. With 4 large fixed ports, 6 opening ports, 2 large hatches and 2 dorades there is an abundance of natural light and ventilation. If the weather is a bit cooler, a Shipmate Stainless Steel diesel cabin heat unit provides ample warmth. Extensive 12 Volt lighting with swivel style reading lamps at all berths and settees and overhead lamps in working areas.
Starting forward is a private Forward Cabin private access to the head and featuring a large V-berth with filler below which there is storage in drawers and drop face lockers while above the berth the hull is lined with varnished "ceilings" and then under deck lockers. Aft of the berth is a bureau to port and hanging locker to starboard.
Aft and to port is the enclosed Head with manual Raritan W.C. plumbed via a Y-valve to the holding tank, ensuite shower drains to a separate sump with pump. Large vanity with stainless sink and good storage.
The Salon is next aft with straight settees P&S and pedestal style drop leaf table. Plenty of storage behind seat backs and in shelves and lockers over in addition to the hanging lockers forward and to starboard. Additional storage is found in lockers below the settees. The port settee pulls out and may be made into a double berth should occasion require.
The L-Shaped Galley is aft and to starboard with butcher block style Formica counter tops with a notable amount of storage in lockers and drawers; single basin stainless steel sink with H&C pressure water and manual cold water faucets. A Shipmate 3 burner gimballed propane stove with oven easily handles cooking requirements and plenty of room for chilled food stuffs in a large well insulated ice box.
Opposite the Galley is the forward facing Nav. Station and Quarter Berth, like the V-berth there are varnished "ceilings" above and then under deck storage lockers above the berth. The Nav. Station has chart storage under the flip top chart table and storage in drawers below. All below decks nav. instruments are located adjacent.
- All new interior and exterior upholstery 2016
- Cabin sole hard sanded and given 2-3 coats 2016
- Electric propane solenoid 2016
- Propane Regulator 2016
- Dual MXD55 AM/FM/CD stereo with speakers in Salon
Sails & Rigging
This Bristol 40 has been upgraded for ease of handling with the addition of a self tending Hoyt Jib boom 2011 that not only serves its purpose going to weather but also greatly improves dead downwind performance as the yacht may now easily be sailed "wing on wing"
Single spreader, keel stepped, anodized aluminum spar with 1X19 stainless steel wire rigging. The rig has been inspected annually by a professional rigger.
- (2) Lewmar #43ST 2 speed primaries
- (3) Lewmar mast mounted winches for Jib, Main & Spinn halyards & reefing
- Harken Roller Furling
- Fully battened Main with 2 reef points 2011 Bayview Sails & Rigging
- 95% RF jib on Hoyt Boom Maine Sailing Partners 2011
- Older Mainsail
- Older 130% RF genoa
- New main sheet traveller system 2005
- Dutchman system for main 2011
- Mast has plastic insert in track for ease of raising/lowering fully-battened main
Fully equipped for coastal navigation. The chart plotter/radar display is on a swing out bracket to facilitate viewing from the Nav. Station or Cockpit and the wind, depth, and speed displays are in the cockpit along with the autopilot controls with the balance of electronics at the Nav. Station.
- Simrad color 7" Radar/Plotter 2011
- Furuno GP 32
- Simrad RS 35 VHF (cockpit)
- Standard Horizon GX 2150 VHF at Nav Station
- Raymarine wind point & speed 2015
- Datamarine Depth
- Datamarine Speed/Log
- Raymarine 4000 autopilot 2013
- Accusat EPIRB
- Hand Held searchlight
- Ritchie 5' binnacle mount compass
- Simrad NSS 8 radar/plotter
- Simrad RS 35 VHF with AIS at Nav. Station and remote mike - masthead whip
- Standard Horizon GX 2150 VHF at Nav. Station - whip antenna on aft rail
- Simrad GS25 GPS enables radar overlay on NSS 8 charts
- Datamarine Speed/Log/Temperature with NMEA 0183 in/out
- Raymarine EV-100 wheel pilot and P70 Control Head 2013
- Batteries are Group 24
- 110 amp Balmar alternator
Wired for 12 Volt DC, with all new wiring from the engine to and including the distribution panel in 2011.
12 Volt DC
- Distribution panel with breakers 2011
- 2 Group 31 house batteries
- 1 Group 31 engine start battery
- Balmar 90 amp alternator 2006
- 12 vdc electric panel replaced, complete rewiring and upgrading with all new breakers (Blue Sea) 2011
110 Volt AC
- Distribution panel with breakers
- 30 amp shore power inlet in cockpit
- 50' 30 amp shore power cord
- Water heater (new 2013, also engine supplied)
Westerbeke 4-107 fresh water cooled, diesel turns a 3 bladed propeller on a 7/8" stainless steel shaft.
- New fuel tank 2008
- Edson dual lever engine controls
- PYI Dripless shaft seal
- All new fuel and water hoses on engine 2012
- New raw water pump 2012
- 2 new electric bilge pumps 2012/2013
- Manual bilge pump
- New marine toilet and all new waste plumbing and Y-valve 2010
- Deck pump out and manual diaphragm pump for waste tank pump out
- New heat exchanger 2011
- Rebuilt high pressure fuel pump 2012
- Regular inspection of the engine by diesel mechanic
Hull & Deck
Solid fiberglass hull finished with Jade Green Awlgrip 2012, with a gold cove stripe and white Awlgripped bootstripe. The bottom is finished with Micron CSC green ablative paint and was stripped in 2013.
Fiberglass house and decks with end grain balsa coring with varnished teak toe rails and other trim. All exterior trim was stripped to bare wood and given 10 coats of Captains Spar Varnish in 2013 with 2+ coats seasonally since. Hatches were rebuilt with new lexan covers 2013.
Large cockpit will easily seat 6+, deep sail locker to starboard and lazarette aft provide plenty of bulky item storage. Wide side decks with double stainless steel stanchions and lifelines with gates P&S allow ease of access fore and aft.
- Lewmar low profile electric windlass
- 45 lb CQR with 100' chain and an estimated 150' rode
- 20 lb Danforth with 20' chain and app' 200 rode
- Salt water wash down forward
- Dodger new 2015
- Cockpit cushions new 2015
- 7 Misc Type I, II, & III PFDs
- Lifesling & Horseshoe lifering
- Flare kit
- 3 fire extinguishers
- 4 fenders with covers, 4 dock lines, fender boards
- Stainless steel boarding ladder
- Chainplates pulled and x-rayed 2011
SPINDRIFT is a lucky Bristol 40; under current ownership since 2004, she has been cruised in Maine and day-sailed for 3-4 short months each year and is in inside storage in the off season with a proactive maintenance and upgrade program as the detailed specs enumerate. She has been put on the market at a sensible price and should be very attractive for those desiring a well kept traditionally lined vessel of nice pedigree.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from East Coast Yacht Sales
Eastbay 43 Flybridge Sedan
Harpswell, ME, United States
37 Hard Top
Brooklin, ME, United States
Yarmouth, ME, United States
Custom CC Motor Sailor
Falmouth Foreside, ME, United States
Yarmouth, ME, United States
Boothbay, ME, United States