1981 Alajuela Cutter
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- La Paz, BCS, Mexico
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 39,500
Molly O is an excellent example of this proven cruiser. For those not familiar with this Ray Richards designed Alajuela 33 cutter, she is the smaller sister to the Alajuela 38, which is featured in Ferenc Mate's Best Boats to Buy. Built in Huntington Beach, CA, the Alajuela 33 is a true blue water passage maker that incorporates features like port and starboard quarter berths aft as well as unusually large storage and tank capacities that are often associated with much larger cruising vessels. An elegant traditional double ended hull with classic sheer lines that are sure to turn heads in any anchorage. 10 bronze opening ports and 2 hatches for excellent ventilation. She has an extensive compliment of sails in excellent condition, including a Jiffy Reefing System. Perkins 4-107 engine rebuilt in Oakland, CA. In 2013 and has only 500 hours since. It is very rare they come onto the market as owners seldom part with these great boats.
She comes with a ton of extra cruising gear, so please be sure to click on full specs to see all she has to offer. Don't miss this opportunity to get a world cruiser ready to go, at a very affordable price.
Begin your cruising adventure right here in the heart of some of worlds most renowned cruising grounds. La Paz, Mexico, the gateway to the Sea of Cortez. Dozens of beautiful anchorages, with white sand beaches, crystal clear water, many within a days sail from downtown. Let the experts in yacht ownership in Mexico, show you how easy you can begin your cruising dreams today.
Tom and Cindy are the team who lead and make you comfortable with the process of buying or selling in Mexico. They are respected and loved members of the cruising community in La Paz. Their honesty and integrity are much appreciated by buyers and sellers.
La Paz Yachts
Division of Mazatlan Marine Center
Tom & Cindy
Marina de la Paz
La Paz, BCS, Mexico 23000
Other Local (612) 123-1948
EMAIL US firstname.lastname@example.org
Financial and titling transactions are conducted in the US or Canada by licensed agents. An offshore purchase means great savings and the process is more hassle-free than you may think!
Call for details.
Please contact Tom Murray at 011 52 (612) 123-1948
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 36 ft 0 in
Beam: 10 ft 6 in
LWL: 31 ft 0 in
Ballast: 16000 lbs
Headroom: 6 ft 1 in
Total Power: 40 HP
Engine Brand: Perkins
Engine Model: 107
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 500
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Engine Power: 40 HP
Cruising Speed: 6 knots @ 1800 RPM
Fresh Water Tanks: 2 (50 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 2 (50 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 (15 Gallons)
- Fwd v-berth sleeps 2
- 2 quarter berths aft
- 2 berths in main salon
- REFRIGERATION: Adler-Barber 12V air cooled
- WATER SYSTEM: Hot and cold pressure and manual. Sea water pump, foot pump
- WATER HEATER: On demand, propane
- STOVE: Propane 2-burner
- SINK: Single SS
Navigation and electronics
- RADAR: Raymarine 26-mile range
- RADAR ALARM: yes
- VHF: Icom
- GPS: Raymarine
- GPS #2: Garmin
- TV/DVD/VCR: TV and VCR
- RUDDER ANGLE: Yes
- KNOT/METER LOG: yes
- AIS TRANSPONDER:
- STEREO: Kenwood, Bose
- DEPTH SOUNDER: Raymarine
- AUTOPILOT: Raymarine S1
- PLOTTER: Raymarine
- COMPASS: Yes
- OTHERS: Garmin satellite navigation
- BATTERIES: Four 6V, Two 12V (new). 300 amp-hours
- BATTERY SWITCH: 2 for 3 banks
- ALTERNATOR: Balmar 130 amp with regulator
- AC VOLTAGES: 110V
- DC VOLTAGES: 12V
- BATTERY CHARGER: Auto
- SOLAR PANELS: 1 150 amp
- SMART REG: Yes
- OTHER: Interior lighting
Dockside electrical cable
- AIR CONDITIONER: Carrier 110V AC, hatch mounted
- BILGE PUMP: Yes, manual
- RAW WATER SEA STRAINER: Yes
- FIRE EXTINGUISHING: Manual
- FUEL FILTERS: 2 Raycore
- FUEL SHUT OFF: Stove and engine
- HEAD TYPE: Overboard
- HOLDING TANK: Electric, 15 gal.
- HEATER: Shipmate, diesel
- STEERING: Wheel, Rack & Pinion hydraulic
- TRANSMISSION: Paragon, engine alarm
- OTHER: New cutlass bearing and dripless stuffing box
Deck and hull
- ANCHOR: 45 lbs. CQR with 300 feet chain
- ANCHOR 2: 35 lbs. CQR
- ANCHOR 3: with 150 feet chain and 200 feet rope
- WINDLASS: Ideal 12V elec.
- DINGHY: 8 ft. hard dinghy
- BOW ROLLERS: Yes
- NAV LIGHTS: Yes
- SPREADER LIGHTS: Yes
- DECK LIGHTS: Yes
- LADDER: Boarding, swim
- DECK WASH: Saltwater
- COVERS: Dodger, sail covers
- DECK MATERIAL : FG and teak rails
- BOW PULPIT: Yes
- OTHER : Monitor windvane
- MAIN: Yes, 3 reef points
- JIB: Yes
- #1 GENOA: 130 and 120 percent
- STORM STAYSAIL: Yes
- DRIFTER: Yes
- REACHING STRUT: Yes
- TYPES OF SAILS: Nooka, Jiffy reefing, cruise quipped. In excellent condition
- TRAVELER: Aft of cabin
- WINCHES: 1 Lewmar Self-tailing Mast and boom winches reefing
- PREVENTER / BOOM BREAK: Yes
- BOOM VANG: Yes
- MAST: Aluminum, keel stepped
- STANDING RIGGGING: SS Oversized
- SPIN POLE: Yes
- LIFEJACKETS: Yes
- LIFERAFT: Zodiac 8-man
- USCG SAFETY PACKAGE: Yes
- STROBE: Yes
- EPIRB: Hand held
- MOB POLE: Yes
- Clothes, tools, personal items
- Whitlock rack-and-pinion, wheel steering.
- Newly rebuilt 40 hp Perkins 107 engine
- New shaft and cutlass bearing
- Monitor wind vane.
- New drifter to match cruising spinnaker.
- Belmar 130 amp alternator with electronic control.
- All new batteries.
- Solar panel with controller, 150 watt.
- New sailing track with double-wide, sealed bearing blocks, on deck.
- New stainless stove with oven.
- Electric Ideal anchor winch with 300 ft. new 5/16th galvanized chain.
- Electric Raymarine auto-pilot and plotter
- Innerspring mattress for V-berth
- 6-speaker, Bose, Kenwood stereo.
- Ice-box converted to Alder Barber refrigeration
- Kiss wind generator
- All new sheet lines and blocks and tackles.
- Replaced some interior lights with LED lights.
"I named my boat after my mom, the Molly O. I fell in love with her at first sight because she is strong and stout and had been beautifully cared for. (I am the second owner.) We cruised for many years in the San Juans and Gulf Islands of Washington and Canada. Six years ago I sailed her down the west coast of the U.S. and Mexico into the Sea of Cortez, where we wandered through bahias and islas. I have never doubted in her ability to keep me safe. During storms, she just puts her shoulders down and punches through. The Molly O and I have had a love affair for almost 25 years, but my wandering days are winding down due to age. You will never be disappointed in this boat."
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.