- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Faro, Portugal
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 19,500 Tax Paid (US$ 24,792)
If you are looking for a comfortable ocean going yacht equally at home coasting and with a genuine testament to its quality then you need look no further. This 1980 Chinese schooner junk rigged Sunbird 32 has been owned from new by only two owners. Her rig and sails are all original. She currently is undergoing a full out of water service. a fully reconditioned engine (Bukh 20 hp)supplied by Marine Enterprises UK has been fitted September 2016. She is a registered British ship, VAT paid and waiting for her next adventure.
Please contact John Venner at +351 282 792 455
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Sunbird Yachts
Designer: Alan Boswell
LOA: 9.93 m
Beam: 3.20 m
LWL: 7.95 m
Maximum Draft: 1.22 m
Displacement: 4600 kgs
Total Power: 14.7 KW
Engine Brand: BUKH
Year Built: 2016
Engine Model: DV20ME
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 14 KW
Maximum Speed: 12 kph
Fresh Water Tanks: (182 Liters)
Fuel Tanks: (114 Liters)
Bukh 20 hp.
Fully reconditioned engine from Marine Enterprises UK, placed September 2016.
Engine hours 0.00
Cruising Speed: 5 - 6kn
Holding: 100 litres (new, unused)
Overall, the accommodation is exceptional for a boat of her length, offering 5 comfortable berths in two double cabins (one forward, one at midships) plus the saloon, with full 6ft headroom throughout her length. A cold water shower is located in her heads, with the sump being pumped manually overboard. Her finish is in teak faced ply with 12mm bulkheads that give added structural strength plus excellent acoustic and thermal insulation. Flooring is in maple, adding a touch more light to her interior.
The saloon is deceptively spacious, and provides two settee berths plus a solid teak folding table with bottle storage. Her galley is located aft and to starboard and her navigation station is located opposite this. Underneath the chart table you will find the top loading fridge beneath which is a chart drawer, and behind the chart table a very effective and convenient storage area.
Access to her single BUKH diesel engine is gained by sliding out the companionway steps and the engine positioning is such that routine maintenance is incredibly straightforward.
Her interior also provides very well thought out storage areas all the way through in numerours lockers and enclosed shelves, and is heated by a fantastically efficient Dickinson Alaska diesel heater running off the main fuel tank.
Her galley is fitted out with a Voyager 2000 gas stove (new 2002) with twin burners, grill and oven plus double stainless steel sinks supplied by a basic, but foolproof, manual cold water system. All cutlery, crockery and cooking utensils are to be included in the sale and again there is ample storage for this in and around the galley.
Electronics and Electrical
- Full 240V and 12V systems throughout.
- 2 x 12V/75AH batteries.
- Sterling Universal Advanced Digital 4 step alternator booster.
- Sterling 10A charger, charging both battery banks.
- 1 x 35W solar panel
- Standard navigation lights, plus extra masthead tricolour.
- Dusk/dawn sensing anchor light.
- Numerous 240V sockets for extra equipment/appliances throughout.
- Garmin GPS128 black and white GPS receiver (2001/2).
- Simrad TP20 Autopilot (2001/2).
- NASA SX35 DSC VHF (2001/2).
- External VHF speaker.
- NASA Navtext receiver (2001/2).
- NASA Stingray Analogue depth sounder (2001/2).
- Autonic Research trailing digital log (2001/2).
- Plastimo Contest steering compass.
- Phillips radio/tape player with CD/MP3 input jack (2001/2).
With the twin masts both being keel stepped, the need for standing rigging is eliminated. This in turn frees the deck space of all but the running rigging and makes her extremely easy and safe to get around. As the sails are always on the masts, this also in turn means that all interior accommodation is available for domestic use. She is also fitted with a non slip deck coating to ensure that you have maximum grip on deck as well.
- 2 x original Gibb halyard winches (serviced annually by her current owner).
- 1 x Bruce 20kg main anchor with 40m chain and 40m warp(approx.)
- 1x Bruce 15kg secondary anchor with 50m chain and 50m warp (approx.)
- Manual windlass.
- Safety lines from cockpit to foredeck.
- Tiller steering.
- Cockpit with seating for 6 (lockers underneath), teak grating, 2 bottle gas locker (inc. cylinder switch-over valve and gas leak detector) with overboard vent and cockpit table.
- 6 x fenders.
- 2 x boathooks.
- 2 x horseshoe buoys.
- Bathing ladder.
- Sprayhood (2001/2, vgc).
- Large sun awning to provide shade in the cockpit (2001/2, vgc).
- 2 x canvas hatch covers (hatches replaced 2003/4).
- Permenantly fitted octohedral radar reflector fitted on foremast.
Spars, Rigging and Sails
- Twin Needlespar masts in aluminium.
- Twin Needlespar booms in aluminium.
- Aluminium sail battens.
- Chinese reefing main and foresail (weight of battens drops sails into lazyjacks).
- No standing rigging.
- Running rigging in pre-stretched nylon.
- Main and foresail are both original and in very good condition with only minimal repairs (small patches) ever needed in the past 35 years.
- Sails are in seven horizontal panels separated by aluminium battens.
- Both sails are tan in colour and made from terylene.
The boat has numerous spares, tools and such like (see below), but possibly the most important factor not detailed so far is the fact that she received a precautionary epoxy coating in 2000, despite the fact that there were at the time no signs of osmosis in any area of her hull.
- Ocean Safety ML Lifeguard 4 man liferaft (last serviced 2004, certificate expires 2007).
- Mariner 2.5hp 2 stroke outboard (1988, engine serviced annually by owner).
- Full set of woodworking tools, plus other general tools.
- Full set of basic engine spares.
- Full set of spares for all water pumps.
- Beaching legs and guys.
- Trolley for transporting fuel cans, personal belongings, etc.
- Jerry cans.
- Electric fan heater.
- 2 x manual fire extinguishers.
- 1 x fireblanket.
- 2 x manual bilge pumps (1 inside, 1 outside).
- Offshore flare pack with extras (expires end of 2006).
- 4 x adult lifejackets (2 x auto, 2 x manual).
- Full set of paper charts for the Algarve.
- First Aid kit.
- Clock and barometer.
- 7 x 50 binoculars.
- 5 x Dorade ventilators.
- 3 x fixed ventilators.
2006 has also seen 'Matanie' undergo a full out off water service including replacement of all seacocks. The deck has been fully checked and cowl boxes removed and refitted to ensure no deck leakage.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Bluewater Algarve
365 Sports Bridge