- View Full Specifications
1980 Mason 43' Ketch
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Bainbridge Island, WA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 79,900
Gorgeous one-owner, blue water sailing vessel - "Serenade" has graced the ports of the Caribbean, Atlantic, Mediterranean and Baltic before returning safely to her home waters of the Pacific Northwest.
Mason yachts are well known for their quality construction, sea keeping abilities and classic lines - turning heads at every port of call.
Just hauled with fresh bottom paint and new dripless PSS shaft seal in June 2016; 3 blade Max Prop; a low hour Yanmar installed in 2001; newer main and genoa replaced 2008 and a full complement of off-shore cruising equipment and spare parts combine to make this a tremendous value in a pedigree yacht.
Serious consideration will be given to reasonable offers.
Please contact listing agent: James King at 206-718-6361 (Cell); 360-697-4000 (Office); or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact James King at (360) 697-4000
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Al Mason
Flag of Registry: United States
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 43 ft 10 in
Beam: 12 ft 3 in
LWL: 31 ft 3 in
Minimum Draft: 6 ft 3 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 3 in
Displacement: 30000 lbs
Headroom: 6 ft 4 in
Total Power: 50 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 2001
Engine Model: 4JH
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 700
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 50 HP
Cruising Speed: 6 knots @ 2200 RPM
Fresh Water Tanks: 5 Stainless steel (40 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 2 Stainless steel (50 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 5
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
Wind speed and direction
Manual bilge pump
Electric bilge pump
Sea water pump
Shore power inlet
Electrical Circuit: 110V
Total Liferaft Capacity: 10
The forward stateroom features a generous v-berth, custom louvered cabinetry, and access to a large chain locker. Coming aft on the port side is the head with marble counters and a large separate shower stall. Opposite the head to starboard are large hanging lockers and built in cabinetry with multiple deep drawers.
The main salon features a convertible dinette to port and a settee with outboard pilot berth above to starboard, both of which extend out into large sea berths with lee cloths. Upholstery is wool fabricated in Denmark.
Aft of the dinette, port side, is the u-shaped galley with double stainless sinks, pressure hot and cold water, a salt water foot pump, butcher block wood counters, a 3 burner cooktop with oven, Adler Barber refrigerator/freezer and ample storage.
To starboard, at the foot of the companionway, is the navigation station with outboard bookshelves and chart table.
Further aft is the owner's stateroom with a double berth to port and a single berth to starboard and a built-in wash basin recessed in to the bulkhead between the berths.
Both staterooms fore and aft are accessed via custom bi-fold teak doors providing privacy and excellent separation from the main living areas. Headroom throughout is 6' 4" with multiple hand-holds and good light below decks due to the multiple large ports and hatches overhead.
Teak cabinetry and trim is beautifully finished and lends to the ambience of being aboard a classic yacht. Each cabin features traditional brass kerosene lanterns further enhancing the classic feel of this lovely vessel.
- Nilson electric anchor windlass
- Primary anchor: 45# CQR with 300' 5/8" chain
- Secondary anchor: 40# Danforth with 15' chain and 300' nylon rode
- Storm anchor: 70# Danforth
- 150% genoa on Harken roller furler (2008)
- Hank-on Yankee on removable forestay with Highfield lever
- Staysail with removable inner forestay on a Highfield lever
- Storm jib
- Slab reef main with two deep reef points (2008)
- Storm Trysail with track on main mast
- Mizzen sail
- Mizzen staysail
- Asymmetrical cruising spinnaker
The removable inner forestays allow easy conversion to a cutter rig, while also keeping the foretriangle clear when not in use, for easy tacking with just the genoa.
ELECTRONICS & INSTRUMENTS:
- Datamarine depth, wind and knot meter in cockpit
- Apelco VHF
- ACR EPIRB
- Autohelm ST 7000 autopilot
- Insulated backstay & ham radio
- Loran C & Satnav
- Stereo cassette player
- 2001 Yanmar 4JH 50 HP diesel auxiliary with 700 hours
- 18" Max Prop 3 blade propellor
- 1.25" stainless steel shaft
- Cable steering
- Racor fuel/water separator
- PSS dripless shaft seal installed 2016
- Bonded Bronze through hulls with soft wood plugs attached to each
- 1 Electric and 2 manual bilge pumps
- 2 fire extinguishers
- 10-man liferaft mounted on deck in custom cradle - needs inspecting/recertification
- 2 man overboard poles; one night; one day
- Harnesses and life jackets included
- 1 sea anchor/drogue
ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT & FEATURES:
- Dyer 8' rigid tender mounted on deck with 2/5 HP outboard
- Inflatable tender with 9.9 HP outboard
- Propane BBQ
- Spreader lights
- 9 Lewmar and Barlow winches on masts and in cockpit
- Aries windvane
- Airgen Wind generator
- Solar panels
- Taylor kerosene heater in main salon mounted on bulkhead
- 5 gallon hot water tank runs off engine and shore power
- Closed cell cockpit cushions
- Extensive spare parts inventory onboard
- Wood and plexi-glass weather boards for companionway
- Cockpit awning
- Insect screens for all ports and the companionway
- A custom hand-crafted folding wood gang-plank which can be extended from the aft rail for stern-to Med mooring. A gate in the stern pulpit allows simple walk-through access to this gang-plank which can be stowed in the chain locker when not in use.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Tradewind Yacht Sales
Gig Harbor, WA, United States
Unknown, WA, United States
Bainbridge Island, WA, United States
Sparkman and Stephens Yawl
Bainbridge Island, WA, United States
Poulsbo, WA, United States
Tacoma, WA, United States