- Video Gallery
- View Full Specifications
Major Refit - Outstsnding
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Ft Lauderdale, FL
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 350,000
MAJOR REFIT AND MANY CUSTOM FEATURES COMPLETED AT MERRILL STEVENS BOAT YARD
Ideal live aboard or long term cruiser
Shallow draft - plus good sailing performance - keel/centerboard design
Easy Handling with ALL sails on roller furling systems
Center cockpit design with raised Salon featuring larger windows for bright and airy feel
HUGE and SPACIOUS interior with Large Salon, Custom spacious Galley, separate dinette area,
Sleeps 8 – Large double MASTER CABIN aft with private head & shower – Two double GUEST CABINS forward with second head and shower, dining room closes off and converts to 4th double cabin
Extensively customized version of the popular Irwin-52 cruising yacht. She is a raised Salon style vessel for optimal livability, and excellent visibility whether in port or at sea. She has unparalleled deck space for her LOA, including a huge foredeck and aft deck.
MUST BE SEEN TO BE APPRECIATED
See Full Specs for more details on this exceptional vessel.
Contact Jeff Sorgen for more information.Office: (954) 763-3971Cell: (954) 224-8291Email: Jeff@DenisonYachtSales.com
Please contact Jeff Sorgen at 954.224.8291
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 52 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 6 in
Total Power: 85 HP
Engine Brand: Perkins
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 2580
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 85 HP
Number of double berths: 4
Number of cabins: 4
Number of heads: 2
Builder: Irwin Yachts Designer: Ted Irwin Flag of Registry: United States
LOA: …..52 ft …. 15.85 meters
Beam: ….15 ft …….4.57 meters
LWL: …..44 ft …… 13.41 meters
Minimum Draft: ….5 ft 6 in( board up) … 1.67 meters
Max draft ................9 ft ( board down) 2.74 meter
Perkins 85 HP Diesel engine ( 2585 hours)
Tankage: fuel -…....2 x 130 gal (total 260 gal) …. 984 liters ( fiberglass tanks)
Water –….. 2 x 125 gal (total 250 gal) …. 946 liters (fiberglass tanks)
Holding –… 3 fiberglass tanks
Generator -16 KW Northern Lights ( 1600 hrs)
Sleeps 8 in three double cabins, plus convertible dining room
Master Cabin –Aft
The Master Cabin is en-suite with private bath and separate stall shower and tub.
This suite is separated from the main Salon living space and is very private.
The cabin is well ventilated and lit by several opening pots and a large opening overhead hatch,
Queen sized berth.
Exceptional storage space in drawers, hanging lockers and shelves.
Also included is a comfortable settee and sitting area.
Flat Screen TV, DVD player, XM Satellite radio
Forward part of the vessel
Double V-berth – or Two singles
Flat screen TV, DVD Player, XM Satellite radio
Opening ports and overhead hatch
Can be used as private den
Over and under twin berths
To Starboard – across from forward head
Flat Screen TV, DVD player, XM Satellite radio
Custom privacy screen closes off this cabin
Dining room converts to 4th sleeping cabin
Queen sized berth
Custom privacy screen closes off this cabin
2 heads with Headhunter Royal Flush electric heads w/in-head macerators
2 separate shower stalls (aft cabin
VESSEL WALK THROUGH:
A personal inspection will confirm the exceptional quality and attention to detail of this vessel. She has been extensively customized to maximize her interior space, and amenities.
Vessel may be boarded from the water by the stern lift, or side gates. Wide walk around decks, and huge aft deck are some of the attributes of this vessel. From her Center cockpit, there is direct access to the Main Salon. – The large windows fore and to the sides bring in abundant natural light, and her over-sized ports and overhead hatches contribute to the light and airy appeal of this yacht, as well as bring in abundant ventilation.
The raised Salon in the middle of the boat, contributes to the spaciousness of the vessel and acts as the central focal point of the yacht.
Aft of the Salon, on Starbd side is the huge U-shaped Galley with a serving bar to the separate dining room to Port. There is also a complete Nav Station on Port side forward of the dining room.
Moving aft, a companionway between the dining room (which converts to an enclosed 4th cabin) leads to the Master suite , which occupies the aft section of the vessel. This is a full beam cabin with en-suite head and shower.
Moving forward of the Salon is a companionway that has the Day/Guest head to Port, and a guest cabin to Starbd. With upper and lower berths.
There is a VIP Guest cabin in the forward section of the boat with Queen sized berth
The yacht has gone through a major refit a few years ago, and this is w\quite evident upon a walkthrough. Each area has been customized to allow for a maximum of storage space and open “homey” feel to the yacht. Even the heads have been customized with tiles and attractive fixtures. At night the dozens of overhead lights installed during the refit enhances the beautiful woodwork.
- High gloss mahogany and teak interior wood
- Teak and holly floors
- All leather interior including headliners throughout
- Burlwood navigation desk with lots of storage
- Custom interior lighting
- Three zone Crusair marine air conditioning which controls the climate in all cabins
- All 3 private cabins have TV/DVD players as well XM radio in all cabins.
- Both heads are electric from Headhunters of Fort Lauderdale with beautiful teak flooring grate in stand up shower and tub.
SALON and GALLEY
Salon: The salon is amidships and features a straight settee to port, an L-shaped settee to starboard and a custom table with adjustable height system. A serving counter separates the Salon from the Galley on the Starbd side. The Salon is well lit with natural light by large windows on either side and forward, which also allow for a view to the outside world. You Doc Not have the feeling of being “down below” in this vessel, but rather being a part of your surroundings.
Flat screen TV folds down for viewing, from custom overhead cabinet
Galley: Large – U-shaped galley with open serving buffet to dining room. Separated from Salon by additional serving counter
- 4 Burners Broadwater Full Size Stainless Steel Stove with Full Size Oven (New 2007)
- Full size double stainless sinks
- Stand up mahogany faced refrigerator and freezer. Additional top loading freezer systems (engine driven) and 110V Seafrost system (2007) – 2 separate cold plates
- White Corian Counters throughout
- Uline Marine Icemaker (2014)
Separate dining area to Port with U-shaped seating for 6-8
Beautiful wood table drops down , electrically, to make this a double berth.
Custom shade closes the entire area for privacy when converted to an additional sleeping cabin
On port side – forward of Dining room
Adjacent to companionway
Beautiful - wood -Burl top Nav desk
Complete Nav Instrumentation
ELECTRICAL and ELECTRONICS
ELECTRICAL: This Vessel has a very well organized and updated electrical system. All of the lighting and wiring was redone during her last re-fit, and now runs above the sole wherever possible.
16 KW Northern Lights generator (1600 hours) – New hoses and SS Muffler – fully serviced July 2016
110v electric outlets throughout
110v and 12v breaker panels
Full deck illumination system from both masts as well as remote controlled spots on the main mast.
Xantrex inverter – powers most 110v equipment
Two 40 Amp Sentry Battery Chargers (run off generator or 50-amp shore power)
Dimmable lighting throughout, backlighting in many areas, full deck illumination
(2) remote spotlights on spreaders
- 10 Gel Cell House batteries (2016)
- 2 Gel Cell Dinghy Lift Batteries (2016)
- 1 Gel Cell Generator Start Battery (2016)
- 1 Gel Cell Engine Start Battery (2016)
- 2 Gel Cell Windlass & Bow Thruster Batteries (2014)
This vessel has a complete complement of navigational equipment both at the Nav Station and Helm. Her security system includes: Motion detectors in the VIP cabin forward, the main salon and the master cabin aft.
Nav Station (Below in the Salon):
- VHF - ICOM VHF M502 with remote for cockpit
- SSB - ICOM IC M802 SSB Radio
- GPS/ Chart plotter - Raymarine RL80 C
- Radar - Raymarine RL80
- Raymarine Masterview display ST80, with upgraded software and map chip FL, East Coast US, Bahamas. – also shows wind
- Auto pilot - Raymarine auto pilot ST6001+ New RAM & motor (2013) with cockpit remote. New motor and control box (2012)
- GPS – Raymarine RK 300 ( back up GPS system)
- Harbor Master MKII remote vessel monitoring system (require new subscription)
- Portable ICOM VHF radio
- Mini M Satellite phone system (no monthly fees)
- Raymarine Masterview display ST80, with upgraded software and map chip FL, East Coast US, Bahamas.
- 2 Raymarine RL70 Multi-display chart plotters on pedestal
- Auto Pilot – remote from Nav Station
- Auto Helm ST-60
- Remote mic for VHF
- Bose Lifestyle Sound System with New Base Unit in Main Salon
- XM Satellite Radio with Individual Volume for deck and each cabin
- 5 Flat screen TV's with Direct TV programming (salon TV in custom dropdown box)
- 3 Transponder DirecTV Receivers
- 4 DVD players
- Built in HP Printer and extra printer cartridges
HULL and DECK
The Irwin 52 ws built with solid fiberglass construction, and fiberglass sandwich decks with non-skid surface . This strong solid fiberglass hull and deck make her a very seaworthy yacht. Vessel has an all white hull that is broken up by teak and SS rubrail around the entire vessel about 18 inches below the top edge of the hull. Upper part of the hull, superstructure and deck is Awl gripped, with natural gelcoat below the rubrail
Transom lifting platform – a custom electric platform provides storage for her tender . This platform can easily be lowered by electric winches to launch the tender and when lowered provides a convenient swim platform with ladder access to the aft deck
- 2 propane grills with double propane lockers with two aluminum full size tanks and direct hookup for the grills
- Cockpit dining table
- Deck lights
- 4 Stereo speakers on deck with separate volume controls
- 8 Opening deck hatches
- Lifting swim/dive/dinghy platform
- 2 Stainless Steel CQR Anchors
- 300 ft. galvanized chain for main anchor
- Ideal Heavy Duty Windlass; new gear box and motor (2012)
- Fold away cockpit dining table
- Extra-large deck lazarette
- Deck boxes on the aft deck
- . Multiple deck hatches provide ventilation for the cabins below
- Overhead lighting for full deck illumination at night
- Large aft deck with room for folding lounge chairs
- Huge aft lazarette
Cockpit: - Her large center cockpit offers comfortable seating and a full complement of cushions and a dodger/Bimini with full surround Isinglass enclosure At the steering pedestal there is a full instruments package with multi-displays for navigation information as well as engine display controls
- Bimini dodger with full Isenglass enclosure
- Full cushions in cockpit
- Full cockpit enclosure (2013)
- Teak table that folds down while underway
- Solid teak Edson steering wheel.
- XM-radio station and cockpit speakers for enjoyment.
Engine and generator access is very accommodating with floor hatches that lift open in the Salon sole. There is standing room completely around the engine for easy servicing.
- Perkins 85hp (serviced 2016) with 360-degree access (2580 hours). New hoses and stainless muffler (2016)
- Easily cruises at 8 kts at 2100 RPM
- 3 blades fixed propeller
- 3 Zone Reverse Cycle A/C and Heat.
- 11 Hp Baldor bow thruster, new motor and control box (2012)
- 50 GPH water maker from Watermakers Inc.(2013)
- (2 ) #12 Rule 3800 gph bilge pumps
- 1 Seachoice high water pump
- 1 manual emergency bilge pump
- Refrigeration systems includes- upright front opening refrigeration with lower freezer drawer (door varnished wood). Large separate freezer. All boxes have holding plates that operate from powerful engine driven compressor and 110 volt compressor (110 volt compressor is powered by either dockside power source or generator).
- Water maker – Watermaker Inc. – with Auto fresh water flush 50 GPH
SAILS and RIGGING
Her ketch rig makes her very versatile and helps her perform well in all sea and wind conditions. A roller furling mainsail, mizzen, and genoa, offer shorthanded sailing capabilities. A removable inner forestay stay is available for future upgrade to a cutter rigged configuration
- All On mizzen mast there are Direct TV dome, radar reflector, Mini M Satellite dome and Radar antenna.
- HARKEN Behind the mast furlers on main and mizzen sails
- All sails lines can be handled from cockpit
- Running backstays
- Unimpeded full front view from the cockpit
lines led to the cockpit - a crew of two can easily handle this vessel
Primaries - Barlow 36 CST Self Tailing
Secondary - Barlow 19 CST
Lewmar 40 CST - Furling for main + Genoa
Barlow 19 CST for Centerboard
ADDITIONAL EQUJIPMENT & FEATURES
10 man life raft (needs re-certification)
- Custom stainless steel opening hull ports (much larger than standard)
- Full deck lighting from both masts as well as remote control spotlights
- 2014 11' Walker Bay Rigid Inflatable Boat (RIB) dinghy with 15 hp Yamaha 2 stroke outboard engine
- Custom interior lighting with many options
- Blue lights for night passages
- Splendid washer/dryer (2014)
- Blue lighting throughout interior
- Custom area rugs
- Spare pumps for: AC, fridge, pressure fresh water, pressure water heads, pump out, sump box
- Schatz Vintage working ship's clock
- Some owner arts may not be included
- Self-inflating life jackets
- Live rings
- 1 EPIRB
Upgrades – Complete refit 2006-2008
- All ships wiring replaced
- All Ports enlarged and new opening ports installed
- Major interior refinishing
- Standing rigging replaced
- New genoa with sun cover
- New genoa Furler
- Royal Flush Electric Heads added
- Headhunter heads installed
- New exhaust system
- Decks painted (primary walking areas contrasting color, trunk cabin white)
- 300ft. of new galvanized chain
- New motor and gear box for bow thruster
- New shaft- cutlass bearing
- Cockpit Cushions
- New motor and control box for autopilot
- New "U Line" ice maker
- Bimini with two big windows, removable full isinglass enclosure
- New Splendid Washer/Dryer
- (2) new gel cell batteries for windlass & bow thruster
- Refrigeration & Freezer (fully serviced)
- (14) new Gel Cell batteries; 10 house, 2 dinghy lift, 1 generator start, 1 engine start
Persona effects and artwork
Tender and outboard optional
This is a customized Irwin 52 with many features not found on sister ships. Her raised Salon design offers panoramic views from inside the vessel, and her center cockpit offers excellent 360-degree visibility. A major refit beginning in 2006 makes her one of the best values on the market for a comfortable cruising vessel. She is also the ideal live aboard with her spacious Salon, and unique interior layout.
During her refit, all of her side opening ports were enlarged for additional light and ventilation, a major refinish of the interior varnish after new cabinetry was installed, complete rewiring with new lighting, impressive sound and entertainment system, Direct TV equipment with receivers and screens in every cabin (drop down in salon). There were also upgrades to the refrigeration, with a large front opening refrigerator and freezer and large additional freezer, and a custom transom elevator lift platform added.
Some important design benefits are a shoal draft keel/centerboard design. Costly builder option only added to a few Irwin 52's that provides good all around performance (without the need to lower the board) and access to many extra anchorages not available to a yacht her size. The centerboard is available to be lowered to enhance windward performance but has no effect on the stability.
This vessel represents an exceptional value not found in similar sized sailing yachts,
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. Hours listed may vary from actual hours due to recent use. Purchaser is encouraged to verify hours prior to purchase. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Denison Yacht Sales
Stuart, FL, United States
SUPER MARAMU MILLENNIUM
Ft Lauderdale, FL, United States
422 Center Cockpit
Ft Lauderdale, FL, United States
Center Cockpit, Swim Scoop Version
Mt. Hartman Bay, Grenada