- View Full Specifications
A Well Maintained Classic!!!
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Rock Hall, MD
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 29,900
The Cherubini designed Hunter 36 is a classic yacht with a beautiful "wine" glass shaped hull. She has a great layout for a cruising couple and a nice turn of speed for some club racing. Moon Shadow is a 3 owner boat with the current knowledgeable owners on board since 1986. Moon Shadow has been sailed primarily in the Chesapeake since then. She has been lovingly maintained all of these years. She is the best example of a Cherubini/Hunter 36 I have seen and is well worth seeing. Moon Shadow is a great boat.
I have been lucky enough to be near the water all my life. As a teenager, I learned to sail a Sunfish on the Chesapeake off Howell Point and joined the Sea Explorers where I was introduced to both racing and cruising. As an adult, I joined the USCG Auxiliary teaching sailing in Wilmington and Newark, Delaware. I have raced and cruised and made yacht deliveries up and down the east coast. My time on the water has always been very important to me. After college, a stint in the Air Force, a period of public service, bicycle racing and ownership of the Admore Bike Shop, I joined the marine industry in 1988. Initially, I sold Hunters, Catalinas, and Morgans before moving to Rock Hall and Gratitude Yachting Center in 1994 with my wife, Janet. I am now with S&J Yachts and have been selling yachts for over 26 years. Through these years of experiences, I can help you make the very best yacht selection - matching your plans and dreams to your new or new-to-you sailing or power yacht. I am looking forward to meeting and working with you.
Please contact Jim Elliott at (410) 708-4422
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 36 ft 6 in
Beam: 11 ft 1 in
LWL: 30 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 11 in
Displacement: 13500 lbs
Ballast: 6000 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 57 ft 6 in
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 1980
Engine Model: 2QM20
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 20 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (80 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (30 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (30 Gallons)
Accommodations & Walkthrough
Starting at the bow is the Owner's Stateroom with a large vee berth that features a filler which when removed provides lots of standing and dressing room. There are shelves running along each hull side for all the smaller "stuff" with ceiling strips running under giving a rich look to the cabin. There is lots of additional storage for the big stuff on the port side of the entry in a combination of drawers and bins as well as cabinets under the berth. The cabin is light and airy with a large opening hatch (also serves as an escape hatch) and two opening ports plus 2 110V electric fans. The Owner's Cabin and Head is made privvate with a custom Bi-Fold Door. An opening port provides light and ventilation.
The large.comfortable, private Head is aft on starboard with an stern facing Raritan Electric Commode and a long corian counter and sink. A pull out spigot serves as the shower. There is a cabinet and a mirrored medicine chest above the counter and a cabinet underneath as well. An opening port and an additional opening hatch provide excellent light and ventillation.
A very large and tall hanging locker is across on the port side with an opening port above.
The Saloon is aft with facing settees. Each settee has storage under available through drop down doors. The Dining Table is on starboard. The port side settee pulls out to make a comfortable single or double berth and even converts to a crib. The starboard settee converts to a good sized double berth.. The Saloon has 4 opening ports.and a large opening hatch.
The "L" shaped Galley is aft on port and features double sinks, Frigoboat Keel Cooled Refrigeration and a Kenyon 2 Burner Propane Stove w/Oven, lots of working counter space and great storage both above and below the counter. There is an Opening Port for heat to escape.
Across on starboard is the Nav Station with a unique "L" shaped desk and a very comfortable swivel chair. There are open shelves along the hull side with the radios mounted within easy reach of the navigator as well as the Electric Panel mounted on the aft bulkhead. An opening port and a couple of custom lights make chart work easy and comfortable.
Three steps up the center-line Companionway and you are in the cockpit which is large and deep for safety and comfort. The cockpit is well suited for sailing and entertaining and is protected by both a Dodger and a Bimini. There is a swim ladder with teak steps on the stern.
The Hunter 36 has the ideal set up for a sailing couple or family with occasional guests.
The Hunter 36 is equipped with a Ship's 12V and a Shorepwer 120V Electrical Systems.
- 2 - 50' Shorepower Cable
- 1 - 25' Shorepower Cable
- Cruiseair Reverse Cycle 12,000 BTU Heat/Air Conditioning System ducted to head, forward cabin and saloon.
- 2 - 4D Gell Cell House Batteries
- 1 - Group 24 Gel Cell Engine Start Battery
- Ample Power 3-Stage, Temperature Sensitive Regulator controlling Alternator output
- 125 Amp High Output Alternator
- Iota 30 Amp Battery Charger '14
- 800 W Inverter
- Inverter/Shorepower Transfer Switch
- All Interior Lights are LED
- Automatic On/Off LED Anchor Light
- New Bow and Stern Lights 2016
- Red/White LED Light at Nav Station
- 4 110V Fans: 2 in Vee - 2 in Saloon
- Nicro Solar Powered Exhaust Fan mounted in Saloon Hatch
Electronics & Navigation Equipment
- Davis Windex
- Binnacle Mounted Ritchie Compass
- Datamarine Knotmeter, Depthsounder & Wind Direction & Speed Instruments (All Serviced in 2015)
- Garmin 45XL Handheld GPS with Binnacle Mount
- Autohelm 4000 Autopilot
- Standard Horizon VHF Radio
- Pioneer AM/FM/Cassette Stereo with Realistic Vee, Saloon & Galley Speakers
- Clarion Equalizer
Sails & Rigging
The Hunter 36 is a high-aspect, mast-head rigged sloop with single spreader mast with custom oversized standing rigging.by Tidewater Marina.
- Skelley Powerhead Mainsail with 2 Full & 2 Partial Battens
- Tides Marine Sail Track and Slide Mainsail System
- 100% Genoa w/Sacrificial Cover
- Furlex Headsail Furling System with unique reefing that eliminates mid-luff bagging
- Mainsail Cover
- Traveler is mounted on the coach roof with control lines led through Dodger to the cockpit.Cam Cleats
- Barient 2 Speed 25 Primary Winches
- Barlow 19 Mast Mounted Jib/Spinnaker Halyard Winch with Stopper
- Lewmar 16 Mast Mounted Main Halyard Winch
- Barlow 2 Speed Self-Tailing Mainsheet Winch mounted on Coach Roof
Engine and Mechanical Features
The Hunter 36 is equipped with a fresh water cooled, 2 Cylinder, 20HP, Yanmar 2QM20 Diesel which can be hand cranked.. Engine hours are unknown; but, she has been expertly maintained.. She has a 3-Blade Feathering Max Prop.
- Custom Engine Panel with all Analog Gauges (No "Idiot" lights)
- Engine Hoses Replaced
- New Motor Mounts '16
- PYI Dripless Shaft Seal w/new Billows '16
- Electric Automatic/Manual Bilge Pump
- Mechanical Bilge Pump
- Wilcox Crittendun Imperial 51 Commode with Long Handle
- Spare Parts Inventory including new exhaust elbow and starter
- Legal Waste System puts all waste into holding tank where it is then either drawn out through Deck Fitting or Pumped overboard with a T12 Sealand Pump
- 30 Gallon Holding Tank installed 1998
Hull and Deck Features and Equipment
- Hull is Solid Fibreglass with Epoxy Barrier Coating
- Deck is cored with Marine Grade Plywood except all deck equipment is through bolted with Stainless Steel or Aluminum Plates
- Mid-Ship Cleats
- Dodger with Struts and 4 Side Pockets for Lines or whatever
- Bimini with Sighting Window and Boot
- New Found Metals Stainless Ports (There are no Fixed Ports)
- Double Anchor Davits mounted at bow
- 35# CQR Anchor with 11' 3/8" Chain & 180' 3-Strand Nylon rode
- Danforth Anchor with rode Mounted on Stern Rail w/8' Chain & 100' #-Strand Nylon Rode
- Additional Danforth Anchor stored in Anchor Locker with Chain & 3-Strand Nylon Roce
- USCG Safety Package and Horseshoe Buoy
- Docking and Mooring Lines with Fenders
- 2 - Fender Boards w/"Moonshadow" Carved on face
- Boat Hook
- Binnacle and Winch Covers
- Cockpit Cushions
- Teak Cockpit Table w/Drop Leaves and Drink Holder
- Synthetic Drink Holder on Binnacle
- Screens for all Ports and Hatches
- Custom Companionway Screen
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from S&J Yachts
Rock Hall, MD, United States
Rock Hall, MD, United States
Rock Hall, MD, United States
Baltimore, MD, United States
Rock Hall, MD, United States
Annapolis, MD, United States