- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Blue Hill, ME
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 58,500
CARA is no ordinary Cape Dory Cutter. She is a one owner vessel, and being an electrical engineer, the owner has made many improvements to her mechanically, electrically, and cosmetically. He has provided redundancy and backup systems to all systems, as you will note in the listing. CARA is equipped for offshore sailing and extended cruising so her equipment list includes an upgraded, larger capacity battery banks and electrical systems, wind generator and solar panels to be self-sufficient and on an anchor for extended periods, two heating systems, a full cockpit enclosure, a replacement Perkins 50 hp diesel, and spares upon spares. CARA is a VERY attractive value and we shall be pleased to get you aboard. Thank you for your interest.
Please contact Annie Gray at 207-363-7997
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Cape Dory/Robinhood Marine, Robinhood, ME
LOA: 38 ft 0 in
Beam: 10 ft 8 in
LWL: 27 ft 10 in
Length on Deck: 36 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 0 in
Displacement: 16100 lbs
Ballast: 6050 lbs
Total Power: 50 HP
Engine Brand: Perkins
Engine Model: 4-108
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 50 HP
HULL & DECK:
• 2006 Flag Blue Awlgrip hull, red boottop, blue bottom.
• Double bow and stern rails.
• Double lifelines and gates.
• Bowsprit with anchor roller.
• Teak toerails & rubrails, coamings and house trim (Cetol teak color on most exterior varnish).
• 2 Nicro solar vents on overhead hatches.
• Bomar hatch; Dorade vent.
• Boarding ladder.
• Edson pedestal wheel steering in self bailing cockpit.
Fuel: 40 gallons.
Water: 125 gallons in 4 tanks.
Holding: 15 gallons with overboard discharge or 12V macerator pump.
ENGINE & MECHANICAL:
• Single Perkins 4-108 diesel, 50 hp, FWC; 1700 hours when engine replaced, plus 1000 new hours on meter.
• Engine replaced in 2005 with used Perkins 4-107, but engine only had 1700 original hours.
• Hurth transmission, replaced in approximately 2000.
• 3 bladed 15" prop.
• Fiberglass waterlift muffler (has been replaced).
• Edson pedestal wheel steering.
• Dripless stuffing box.
• Electric fuel pump (for easy bleeding).
• Racor fuel filter.
• Remote oil filter.
• Groco seawater strainer.
• Espar diesel heat system (runs to main salon and head).
• Electric oil sump pump (drains from bottom of pan).
• Flame Start Assist.
• Spare heat exchanger, exhaust elbow, impeller, injector pump, prop (many spare engine parts).
• 12VDC/120V AC electrical systems.
• 4 house batteries (2 banks of 12V batteries, total 420 AH).
• Separate 12V engine start battery.
• 105 amp alternator for house; 60 amp alternator for starting battery.
• Custom electrical panel with 24 DC & 8 AC circuits.
• Windbugger wind generator (with set up on inner forestay).
• Battery selector switches; 2nd battery switch for solar and wind generator.
• 3 inverters (700w, 500w, 150w).
• Buss heating system (running from engine coolant line).
• LED lighting (running lights, deck lights, interior lights).
• CDM System dual bank battery monitor.
• Dual bank battery charger - Smart charger.
• 2 Marinco shore power cords (20' & 40' and adapter - 2-110V adapters).
• 2005 110V Raritan hot water heater.
• Vessel completely rewired with tin plated wire.
• Microwave oven (uses 700w inverter).
• Garmin 492 chartplotter & Garmin 128 GPS & Garmin 12 GPS.
• Also Garmin handheld trex GPS.
• ICOM M402 VHF radio.
• Dell Laptop computer with Linux Nav and Windows software.
• Raytheon 10X radar.
• Raymarine ST60 wind direction and speed.
• KVH digital compass and nav repeater at cockpit.
• Panasonic SSB radio with tuner.
• Standard Horizon Eclipse VHF with ram mic.
• ICOM Navicom handheld air band radio.
• Standard Horizon depthsounder.
• Autohelm 3000 autopilot with remote at helm (and spares).
• Digital barograph display.
• Globalstar Sat phone with built-in antenna.
• External WIFI antenna.
• TV antenna (not working) & GPS antennas.
• 2 VHF antennas (mast and stern rail).
• KVH digital compass.
• AM/FM/CD player with Bose speakers.
• Vizio 26" TV mounted on bulkhead.
• Cory DVD player.
• Custom interior with gloss varnished teak cabinetry and many more additional lockers than standard Cape Dory 36; also, a divided chain locker forward.
• Forward cabin with numerous lockers to starboard, and single berth to port which converts to a cozy double
• Head next aft to port with granite countertop, hot and cold pressure water, fresh or seawater shower pump, opening port, dorade vent, telephone type shower, and W.C. head.
• Two large hanging lockers with custom shelves across from head.
• Main salon with settee/berths port and starboard (port berth slides inboard to form a double).
• Storage outboard of each berth.
• Large varnished custom built teak drop leaf table mounted just off centerline.
• 8 bronze opening ports in main salon for excellent ventilation; 2 in forward cabin.
• U-shaped galley to port with double S/S sink with hot and cold pressure water, manual cold water foot pump and seawater faucet, Origo 2 burner non pressurized alcohol stove with oven, large icebox with Seafrost refrigeration system (both 12V refrigeration and engine driven), microwave oven, lockers, dishes and cookware.
• Beige-cream Ultrasuede fabric covers on all cushions.
• Aft to starboard is a large nav table, numerous electronics and a roomy quarterberth.
• Varnished teak and holly sole.
• Oriental rugs.
• Two Bomar hatches overhead for ventilation.
SAILS & RIGGING:
• 2005 mainsail by North Sails.
• 2000 genoa by Center Harbor Sails.
• 1980 150% Hood staysail (not used much).
• Yankee Anson.
• 1995 Cruising spinnaker.
• Profurl roller furling for jib.
• 2006 Replaced standing rigging (oversized).
• Removable inner forestay.
• Spinnaker sheets with snatch blocks.
• 2 Lewmar 2 speed bronze winches.
• Club boom for staysail and staysail cover.
• 2 automatic electric bilge pumps and manual bilge pump.
• Domestic water washdown pump and water pressure pump.
• Seawater washdown pump outlet on forward deck.
• 10w & 30w solar panels to trickle charge batteries, with regulator.
• 35 lb CQR anchor with 200' nylon rode and 40' chain.
• Spare Danforth anchor with rode.
• Cockpit cushions.
• 2006 Dodger - fair condition.
• Bimini with full cockpit enclosure, approximately 2000.
• C02 detector.
• 2011 Seafrost engine driven compressor.
• Brass clock & barometer; brass trawler lantern.
• Screens for hatches.
• 4 fenders; several docklines.
• 6 life jackets.
• Bell; boathook.
• 3 fire extinguishers.
• 2004 10' Avon fold up inflatable dinghy with oars and tan cover.
• Hella 12V fan.
• Force 10 S/S propane grill on stern rail.
• 6 man Zodiac life raft (needs recertification, sold AS IS).
• Spare tools, and many spares (request separate list).
• Pots, pans, dishes.
COMMENTS: CARA is no ordinary Cape Dory Cutter. She is a one owner vessel, and being an electrical engineer, the owner has made many improvements to her mechanically, electrically, and cosmetically. He has provided redundancy and backup systems to all systems, as you will note in the listing. CARA is equipped for offshore sailing and extended cruising so her equipment list includes an upgraded, larger capacity battery banks and electrical systems, wind generator and solar panels to be self-sufficient and on an anchor for extended periods, two heating systems, a full cockpit enclosure, a replacement Perkins 50 hp diesel, and spares upon spares. CARA is a VERY attractive value and we shall be pleased to get you aboard. Thank you for your interest.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.