- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Located In:
- Heber Springs, AR
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 10,900
- Sale Pending
This Distinctive Cal 25 Mk II, also a Freshwater ONLY boat, includes Inboard Diesel and uniquely, built - in Airconditioning. A VERY desireable great saling boat.
The Imron painted hull while distincitvely colored has the benefit of holding her shine for decades to come. Imron painting a hull such as this is around 5,000.00 to achieve, but worth it as the value to the boat in increase shine and ease of future maintanence is well worth it.
From the practical side you will marvel increased footing with the wide side decks and tall toe rail. Add to that, you will love the inboard shrouds that make moving forward an unencumbered passage. The cockpit is unusually deep and comfortable - - at least equal to any 27 ever seen. Then there is the beautifully balanced helm that is almost a hallmark of the Lapworth designs. What a joy to tiller! The tiller is so well balanced that a 60 lb person can easily handle the boat in a 25 mph blowing day. Again, what a joy.
Seemingly more of a 27 than a 25, the generous 9' beam along with the 44% ballast ratio you have one stiff 25'er, again more 27 foot than 25 foot. The V berth is suitable for 2 "big" people and the teak interior is in keeping with the quality that Cal was famous for.
Currently located @ Greers Ferry Lake north of Little Rock, we are about to move her to our yard in Memphis so come take a look and purchase this Cal 25. We are apparently world headquarters for Cal 25 Mk II's as we have (4) of these great boats for sale currently. This is the ONLY one of the four CAL 25'S we have for sale WITH inboard diesel and built-in Air Conditioning. Even better the interior cushions have new upolstery as the phots will show. She even has a Navico Auto pilot. Nicely equipped and ready for YOU.
IT'S YOUR MOVE !!
Contact: Chris Rooke, Rooke Sails, Inc., 1744 Prescott So., Memphis, Tn., @ I-240 & US 78
Dealers for: Beneteau, Precision, Hunter trailerables, Hobie Cat & Laser/Sunfish
Brokers for Yachts 8 to 50' we are always looking for quality listing. Full yard services available with virtually any installations handled with our talented staff. A Cal Dealer starting back in 1977 and a Beneteau Dealer since 1982, we specialize in sail repair of all types in house and offer complete custom canvas works including biminis, etc. Air Ride transport equipment, including an 85' Sky Hook sign crane rigging is a snap. Insurance work and refurbishing work capable. Let us know if we can be of help.Celebrating our 47 th year in the sailing business!! Always looking for quality listings.
Please contact Chris Rooke at 901 744-8500
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Wind speed and direction
Electric bilge pump
Shore power inlet
- LOA 25' 3"
- LWL 22' 0"
- BEAM 9' 0"
- DRAFT 4' 6"
- DISPLACEMENT 4,500 LBS
- BALLAST 2,000 LBS
- MAST HEAD RIG
- SAIL AREA 314 SQ FT
Sails / Canvas and other Gear
- North Mainsail - - Origial, serviceable
- North 150% with Sunbrella UV - - NEW 2016
- Headsail on Harken
- Sailcover in Sunbrella
- Tiller cover - Sunbrella
- Cabin top handrail are made from Starboard and do not need covers or maintenance
- Stainless Steel Bimini sailable with mainsail hoisted - Sunbrella covering runs from sternrail to 2 " behind mainsheet lines in cockpit, good coverage
- Boom Vang
- Halyard internal and led back to cockpit to sheet stopper
- Inboard genoa track for proper sheeting
- Sizeable 2 speed winches for Primaries located in reach of skipper for easy singlehanding
- Mainsheet traveler conveniently located in front of cockpit
Deck & Cockpit Design Features
- Wide walkways for secure footing
- TALL toerail not seen on most 25's or 27's for excellent footing
- Anchor Locker built into forepeak of deck
- Double rail Bow pulpit
- Double rail Stern pulpit
- Double Life lines
- Thru hull rudder, not an ugly transom hung rudder thus the boat is quite attractive
- No outboard on transom due to inboard diesel, thus again an attractive stern
- Built-in transom ladder that when up closes the stern railing and when lowered makes it easy to egress from cockpit or to get back into the cockpit without scaling the top of the sternrail
- Deep 4 step Ladder that is
- Deep cockpit with comfort written all over it
- Seat backs have dihedrial half way up that fits the small of the back comfortably
- Tiller originates not from the floor, but from the top of a molding in the far aft of the cockpit that keeps the tiller from engaging the knees and opens up more room for friends while sailing
- Mainsheet located in front of cockpit, correctly located while sailing and easy to control and then easily moved to port or starboard to make entry into the interior of the boat unencumbered
- Two long hand rails cabin top mounted for secure movement
- Flattering cabin top profile thus boat has classic look
- Attractive Molded forward hatch
- Proper Sea Hood for sliding hatch
- With the exception of a 2 foot longer cockpit, the Cal 25 Mk II IS the Cal 27 Mk III that followed the Cal 25 Mk II - - - Point is that this 25 is virtually a 27.
Interior layout, Accommodations, and Items included
- Built-in Air Conditioning (heat also) that will drive you out of the boat - - - not undersized
- 5'10" headroom with a bit more under the sliding hatch, maybe 6' there
- New Upolstery - look at photos - clean and nice
- Thick comfortable cushions, noticeably thicker than most any 30'er you will see
- Beautiful Teak Bulkheads and trim throughout
- Seat back on both port and starboard settees hinges 180 degrees upward to dramatically increase the shoulder room of these berths when used as such
- Very Long rear quarter berth on starboard side - - can bring your 6'8" crew member
- Curtains for main cabin
- Teak sliding door to close off head or V-berth from main cabin, classy design and functional
- Huge V berth, big enough for two good size adults
- Head area to starboard of the main bulkhead and a vanity with sink to the immediate opposite side (port)
- Storage under vanity sink
- Marine Head with holding tank.
- Lovely teak doors through out
- 2 interior handrails on cabin headliner for extra ease of movement while aboard
- Shelves behind back rest on settees
- Stainless steel sink
- Pressure fresh water system
- Formica counter tops, looks classy and very functional
- Single burner hot plate
- Deep Ice box
- Storage outboard of sink
- Storage under sink area
- Spiffy Teak doors with nifty hidden finger latches
- Over Galley lights
- 110 volt dual outlet next to galley for appliances
- Sliding galley extension over starboard quarter berth with 2 burner alcohol stove
Electronics, Electrical & instrumentation
- Auto Pilot by Navico
- Depthmeter Compass
- Wind Speed / Wind Direction
- VHF with mast head antenna
- 12 volt system with braker panel including Volt meter
- 2 deep cycle batteries
- AM/FM CD radio
- Cabin lights more than adequate
- 120 volt system with breaker and outlets in main cabin/galley and V berth
- 30 amp shorepower cord
- Navigation lights
- Anchor light
- Steaming light
- Universal 12 hp DIESEL
- 2 Cylinders - - much smoother than single cylinder diesels
- 2 Blade fixed prop
- Inboad power delivers power in rough water where an outboard can have cavitation of the propeller eliminating thrust every other wave - - in rough water. With the foot and propeller being deep under the hull there is ALWAYS good power delivered.
- Diesel is safer than Gas
- Diesels are virtually maintenance free compared to Gas Outboards and very efficient
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.