- View Full Specifications
Price just reduced
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Marblehead, MA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 14,500
The 28 MKII is recognized as one of Roger Hewson's best designs for day sailing or weekending with family and friends. Built to very high standards Rantum Scoot is well maintained and has received thoughtful upgrades. A nice example of a popular model.Ready to launch for 2015.
Please call or text Brian Shaughnessy cell 617 839 2295 for further info.
Please contact Brian Shaughnessy at 781-631-4910
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 28 ft 0 in
Beam: 9 ft 2 in
LWL: 22 ft 10 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 4 in
Displacement: 7900 lbs
Ballast: 2900 lbs
Total Power: 13 HP
Engine Brand: Volvo
Engine Model: MD7A
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: 2 blade propeller
Engine Power: 13 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 (30 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 1 (18 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 (15 Gallons)
The interior has teak throughout (trim, galley, bulkheads and cabin sole.) There is over six feet of head room, and can sleep 6. Sleeping accommodations include space for two in forward V-berth, and a double berth and two single berths in the main cabin. The dinette table is fairly large, yet folds easily on the bulkhead to provide additional space in the cabin when not in use. Forward there is a fully enclosed head with standing headroom and locking doors. Galley is aft to starboard.
The galley features large counter tops and stainless steel sink with hand pump, insulated fiberglass ice box, and a stove. Under the counter tops are large drawers and storage lockers. Fresh water is supplied from a 20 gallon fresh water tank located under the V-Berth
The deck is hand laid fiberglass with nonskid deck surfaces molded in. There are Burma teak toe rails, grab rails, trim and capped cockpit combings. The cockpit is self bailing with tow large under-seat storage lockers. There is a spray hood over the companionway hatch. The keel is lead with stainless steel keel bolts. The rudder is fiberglass with a stainless steel rudder post.
- Stainless Steel bow and stern rails
- Stainless steel stanchions with double life lines
- Life line gates, port and starboard
- Stainless steel transom ladder
- Teak cockpit table
(1) fiberglass hatch forward
Volvo Penta MD7A, 2 cylinder, naturally aspirated diesel engine, 13 HP. Fresh water cooled.
New starter, 2013
- Wheel steering with three lazarettes in the cockpit.
- Traveler is at stern, behind the helm.
- Two Lewmar #30 2-speed winches
Electrical & Electronics
- Both 12volt DC and 120volt AC systems
- 2 - 12VDC batteries, installed in acid proof battery boxes
- Breaker Switch Panel 12-Volt Electrical system with master fuse panel and six cabin lights.
- Raymarine tri-data (speed, depth, temp) - new 2010
- VHF radio – Fixed
- AM/FM/CD player
- Life jackets – 10 life jackets, and two inflatable
- First aid kits
- Ritchie compass
- Bosun’s chair
- Multiple anchors
- 5 jack stands for winter storage
- ALL manuals, including the shop manual for the MD7A engine, the original Sabre manual, and all documentation for accessories
- Engine starter 2013
Doyle Stackpack Mainsail
Doyle roller furling genoa
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Sailboats Northeast
Marion, MA, United States
Rockland, ME, United States