- View Full Specifications
Priced for quick sale
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Dumbarton, West Dunbartonshire, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 4,995 (US$ 6,286)
Mischief is a Pegasus 800 sailing yacht deisgned by Gordon Harris and built by Rydgeway Marine in 1979. 4 berths in total with 2 quarter berths and 2 single settee berths with potential to reconvert the foreward cabin to a double berth. She has a cast iron ballast fin keel with tiller steering in an aft style cockpit. She is lying ashore at Sandpoint Marina and can be viewed by arrangement. Surveyed in 2015 which is available in electronic format.
The owner is open to serious sensible offers.
We look forward to organising your viewing and answering any questions you may have.
Rhu Boat Sales, Michael Schmidt & Partner, Tel: +0044(0)1436 821606 - firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT NOTICE PLEASE READ
Boats are available for viewing on PONTOONS, HARD STANDING (ladder access), on MOORINGS and in some cases FURTHER AFIELD. Please contact us before hand to check the location of the vessel you wish to view and any special requirements. If you are traveling a distance this is especially important in order to make sure the boats you wish to view are in their advertised location and available for viewing.
Please contact MS&P Rhu at +44 (0)1436 821606
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 25 ft 9 in
Beam: 8 ft 11 in
LWL: 21 ft 0 in
Minimum Draft: 4 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 6 in
Displacement: 4408 lbs
Headroom: 6 ft 0 in
Total Power: 10 HP
Engine Brand: Volvo
Year Built: 1998
Engine Model: Penta MD 2010 B
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: Sail drive
Engine Power: 10 HP
Cruising Speed: 5 knots
The hull, deck and superstructure are all in white GRP with 2 red stripes on the hull. She has a cast iron ballasted fin keel, skeg hung rudder and tiller steering in an aft style cockpit.
- 45L stainless steel fuel tank.
- 55L GRP water tank.
4 berths in total with 6' of headroom and XM brass halogen mini spot lighting. The interior is finished in varnished dark hardwood and blue velour upholstery.
Forward cabin is the heads compartment with a manual Jabsco Sea Toilet. The owner uses this cabin for storing sails etc, however, it could be re-converted to a double "v" berth with the toilet under the infill.
Saloon features 2 single settee berth port & stbd and a table. The galley is to stbd aft and features 2 burner spirit cooker and a sink is on the aft bulkhead with manual fresh cold water and a below waterline coolbox. Ships electrical panel which controls nav lights, cabin lights, engine and echosounder. Navigation station is on the port side. Both the galley unit and the navigation table slide away to reveal 2 single quarter berths.
- FCC Pecision clock & barometer.
Volvo Penta MD 2010 B 10hp 2 cylinder inboard diesel engine with sail drive to a folding two blade prop.
- Sea and fresh water cooled via heat exchanger.
- Morse controls.
- Fuel consumption 0.5L per hour.
- Engine serial number 5101204654.
- Last serviced Sep 15.
- Speedseal life fitted to water pump.
- Sail drive diaphram renewed 2012.
The ships electrical system is 12v with a control panel on the aft bulkhead in the saloon on the starboard side and is powered by 1 12v domestic battery (2014) and 1 12v engine start battery (2009).
- Engine alternator charges the batteries.
Mast Rigging & Sails
Sloop rigged with aluminium mast and spars. Stainless steel standing rigging replaced in 2008 and braid on braid running rigging replaced in 2016. Slab reefing on the mainsail at the mast and forestay with hank on sails.
- Red mainsail cover.
- Aluminium spinnaker pole.
- Main by Owen Sails in good condition (2008).
- Furling Genoa by Owen Sails in good condition (2008).
- Hank on Genoa by Owen Sails in very good condition (2014).
- Hank on Jib by Owen Sails in very good condition (2014).
- Storm Jib which appears solid.
- Spinnaker in fair condition.
Deck & Deck Equipment
Easily navigated wide side decks lead to the foredeck which is all secured by a stainless steel pulpit, alloy stanchions, double stainless steel pvc coated guardwires and stainless steel quarter pushpits. The large self draining cockpit has locker/seats either side.
- Double bow roller.
- 10kg Jet anchor with 30m of 8mm chain and a short end warp.
- SL Anchorman manual windlass (2005).
- 4 mooring cleats.
- 6 warps.
- 5 fenders.
- 2 boathooks.
- 2 rope clutches.
- 2.3m Wave Echo dinghy (2010).
- Y shaped mooring bridles for temporary mooring on rings.
- 2 manual single speed halyard winches.
- 2 manual single speed self tailing primary winches.
- 2 manual single speed secondary winches.
- 2 winch handles.
- Standard Horizon HX2TOE hand held VHF radio (2008).
- Echosounder at cockpit (2012).
- Bulkhead compass at cockpit.
- Chart folios for Clyde and West Coast along with various pilot books.
- 3 bilge pumps, 1 fixed, 1 hand and 1 moveable.
- 2 manual fire extinguishers.
- 6 Auto Harness lifejackets.
- 3 harness points.
- Nasa Supernova LED masthead tri coulor navigation lights (2015).
- Manual blow horn.
- Plastimo drop down safety ladder in bag with strap which is reachable from the waterline.
- Mast climbing ladder.
- Bosun's chair.
Purchased by current owner for the 2005 season and fully renovated at the time.
Ongoing maintenance (often professional) include:
- Standing rigging replaced 2008 with new forestay 2013.
- Running rigging replaced 2016.
- New chainplate supports fitted Apr 16.
- New running rigging 2016.
- NASA LED masthead light 2015.
- Engine heat exchanger refurbished 2015.
- Domestic battery fitted 2014.
- New engine throttle and stop cables fitted 2014.
- New engine seacock fitted 2013.
- Sail drive diaphram fitted 2012 - next due 2019.
- New depth sounder fitted 2012.
- New rubber strakes fitted 2007.
Having owned Mischief for about 12 years I am finding that I do not have the time to sail as much as I did previously and the boat has not been used much over the last couple of years. I have probably done everything that I wanted to do in her, having been all round the Clyde and round the Mull of Kintyre to Gigha and Jura including the Crinan Canel on various trips. It is now time for someone to take the boat on and enjoy her for the next few years. She sails very well and is easily handled, most of my sailing has been solo and she is very much set up for safe single handed sailing. Despite this there is plenty of room and theoretically she has 6/7 berths according to the sales literature, although that is fanciful and the boat is ideal for a coupe with occasional guests. Realistically the forepeak is storeage with heads (toilet). I have had six people comfortably in the cockpit.
My ethos for the boat has been to make things more sturdy and seaworthy but also simpler and to some people's eyes she may have a lack of modern instruments etc but I find that the depth sounder and a hand held GPS meet all my needs and life is easy with less to go wrong and this includes reverting to hank on sails. It would be a simple matter to fit more instruments and roller furling and rather than fitting stuff to sell the boat, the buyer can choose their own and this is reflected in the price.
I have maintained a boat Filofax which details everything done, due to be done and specifications which is also included as is an original sales brochure.
The boat is good for her age and the only issues of any real note is that the rear quarter berth areas are a bit damp probably from drips from the rear cleats. I have never got around to fixing this and as a consequence I only use the berths for storage and the cushion covers have not been used and have been stored in my loft virtually since I bought the boat.
I am open to serious sensible offers.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Whilst we make best effort to obtain documentation from Vendors it is advisable to check what is available before travelling to view or making an offer.
Other Boats from Michael Schmidt & Partner Ltd
Rhu, Argyll & Bute, United Kingdom
Rosneath, Argyll & Bute, United Kingdom
Ireland, United Kingdom
Craobh Haven, Argyll & Bute, United Kingdom
Mallaig, Highlands, United Kingdom
Granton, Edinburgh, United Kingdom