- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Portsmouth, RI
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 275,000
SPIRIT has been constantly upgraded and maintained. The paint sparkles, the sails are fresh, and electronics are state of the art. If you want a safe, solid boat, ready to go anywhere, then this Hinckley Sou'Wester 50 Yawl should be at the top of your list!
Offered to co-brokers on a commission split of 50/50.
Please contact Alan Baines at +1 (401) 241-1280
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: H.R. Hinckley
LOA: 50 ft 7 in
Beam: 13 ft 0 in
LWL: 36 ft 5 in
Minimum Draft: 5 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 9 ft 11 in
Displacement: 16329 kgs
Ballast: 4545 kgs
Total Power: 100 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 4LHTE
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 100 HP
Number of single berths: 7
Number of cabins: 3
Spirit is hull number 15 of the impressive Sou'wester 50 Yawl series. Constantly upgraded and maintained, in true offshore ready condition. Spirit has safely cruised with her current owner to many places on the eastern seaboard and beyond! The paint sparkles, the sails are fresh, and electronics are state of the art. If you want a safe, solid boat, ready to go anywhere, then Spirit should be at the top of your list!
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Solid fiberglass hull.
- White awlgrip.
- White awlgripped deck with contrasting non-skid.
- Un-varnished solid teak toerail, cockpit coaming and other exterior trim.
- Manually operated centreboard with worm gear, operated from cabin.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x Yanmar 4LHTE 100hp diesel engine.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine Hours: c. 3,250.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Wheel steering.
- Bow thruster (Sidepower, 12v electric).
- Extensive engine and system spares onboard.
- Bass electrical panel with digital volt and amp meters.
- 4 x D AGM house batteries.
- AGM engine and separate generator start battery.
- Mastervolt 2kW inverter charger.
- 200 amp Balmar alternator.
- 60 amp alternator for engine and gen batteries.
- Northern Lights 7.7kW generator. c. 1,171 hours.
- 220v/110v shore power.
- Isolating transformer.
- 2KW Mastervolt inverter.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Whale on demand water pump.
- Seagull water filter.
- Sea Recovery 600 GPD 110v watermaker.
- Total capacity of 180 gallons.
- Total capacity of 280 gallons.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- Total capacity of 25 gallons.
- Furuno MFD 12 navnet at chart table.
- Furuno MFD 8 nav net display outside.
- Maretron DSM250 digital guage readouts (nmea 200).
- Icom ICM710 SSB.
- Icom ICM504 VHF.
- Vetus meteo line barograph.
- Furuno NX300 Navtex.
- B&G Hydra system with performance processor.
- B&G Hercules pilot display at chart table and cockpit.
- Multiple B&G readouts in the cockpit.
- Samsung monitor at chart table.
- Dell Zinio computer, keyboard and mouse.
- XM weather receiver.
- Macsea software.
- Echopilot forward looking depth sounder.
- Danforth constellation compass.
- Force 10 stove.
- Deep stainless sink.
- Fresh, Salt and Filtered water with manual back up.
- Seafrost AC/DC refrigeration, top loaded.
- Electric fresh water WCs.
Heating & Ventilation:
- 2 x Air conditioning units.
- 12v fans throughout yacht.
- Infinity speakers in saloon.
- Bose speakers in cockpit.
- Alpine stereo am/fm/cd/DVD.
- XM radio.
- LG LCD TV mounted on saloon bulkhead (connected to nav. electronics).
- RR TV antenna.
- LED interior lights.
- LED navigation lights (Lopolights).
Summary of Accommodation:
- Headroom: 6’4”.
Description of layout from forwards:
- Beautifully finished in true Hinckley fashion in varnished oak, with solid teak and holly cabin soles.
- The forward cabin has a Vee berth with infill, hanging lockers, drawers and shelves.
- Overhead hatch with opaque lexan.
- Ensuite access to the head and stall shower to port.
- Next aft to starboard is a passageway cabin with a raised double bed, with a privacy curtain.
- Ample storage underneath.
- Two directors chairs are stowed on the centerline bulkhead (for use around the saloon table).
- Aft of this cabin is a day head with a vanity sink, electric head, and hand held shower.
- Opposite, to port is a guest cabin with upper and lower bunks, and ensuite access to the head and shower, forward (shared with the vee berth cabin).
- On the centerline bulkhead is a fold down desk top, and aft of the berths is a hanging locker.
- The main cabin is light and airy, and is raised slightly from the forward accomodation.
- To port is an L shaped settee in burgundy ultrasuede, a drop leaf table, and storage cabinets outboard.
- To starboard is the L shaped galley, with good countertop space, a Force 10 stove, deep stainless sink, Fresh, Salt and Filtered water with manual back up. Seafrost refrigeration, top loaded.
- To port of the companionway is the L shaped nav table, with swivel seat.
- Full compliment of modern nav electronics , including a computer and flat screen monitor.
- Hood electric stowaway mast (in mast furling).
- Twin harken furlers - Headstay and staysail.
- Hood stoway mizzen mast. Manually operated.
- White painted spars.
- Carbon mast mounted whisker pole.
- Wire standing rigging.
- Navtec hydraulic backstay for main mast.
- Garhuer custom genoa tracks, turning blocks.
- Harken main traveller.
- Harken electric 2 speed primary winches.
- Barient electric secondary winches.
- North mainsail.
- North 130% genoa.
- New genoa (2016).
- North staysail (on furler).
- Mizzen staysail.
- 2 x New stay sails (2016).
- Gennaker with sock.
- Second mainsail.
- Double cockpit lockers.
- Stainless dorade vents on teak boxes.
- Cockpit table.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Ideal anchor windlass – power up/down.
- Massive stemhead fitting with double rollers.
- CQR and Danforth anchors stowed on the stemhead.
- Fenders with fabric covers.
- Fortress anchor.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Cockpit enclosure.
- Wheel cover.
- Cockpit cushions.
Tender & Outboard:
- Yamaha 15hp outboard.
- 5hp outboard.
- Inflatable dinghy.
- Lifeline gates.
- 2 x EPIRBS 406.
- Avon 6-person liferaft.
- Coastguard safety equipment.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.