1979 Columbia 9.6
- View Full Specifications
Priced for quick sale
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 11,500
A fabulous opportunity for an experienced sailor to enjoy speed out on Banderas Bay or as a very manageable teaching boat for the new sailor.
With her sleek profile and racing orientated design- racing type fin keel with partial cut out and reverse transom, this Columbia is ready to sail today.
If you are looking for a very affordable sailing yacht to explore Banderas Bay, the Sea of Cortez or further afield this yacht is a great prospect.
- US Phone 520-221-6891
- Mexican Cell 322-101-5205
Please contact Eric Christenson at 5202216891
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Columbia Yachts
Designer: Alan Payne
Flag of Registry: Canada
LOA: 31 ft 6 in
Beam: 10 ft 2 in
LWL: 23 ft 7 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 6 in
Displacement: 10200 lbs
Ballast: 4500 lbs
Headroom: 6 ft 0 in
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 1979
Engine Model: 2QM15
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Cruising Speed: 6 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 (40 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 1 (201 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 2
Number of double berths: 2
Number of heads: 1
Wind speed and direction
Electric bilge pump
Shore power inlet
Outboard engine brackets
A very spacious layout making the most of every opportunity to provide 4 separate berths, a separate head with shower, galley area and a navigation station.
The forepeak cabin boasts a full size V berth with insert, comfortable deep cushions, good upholstery and an overhead large hatch for great light and ventilation. In addition there is a useful shelving, underbid storage drawers and reading lights.
Moving aft, to port is the head with shower over a teak shower grate. The head can be closed off from both the v berth and the saloon. New manual toilet and hoses installed in 2014. Opposite the head is a large hanging locker. Opening ports on both sides provide great ventilation and light.
The main saloon is large with full size settees on either side, both converting to good size single berths. Additionally the starboard side can also be pulled out to make a double. Behind and below the settees are storage areas, with additional cabinetry above. 4 ports provide natural light in addition to the LED interior lights. There are also small fans for extra ventilation.
This boat boasts the very practical drop down table with extra leaf, opening up to seat 4 easily as a dining room table.
Further aft and to port is the Nav Station. A flip up top Nav table with storage space and additional drawer storage.
Opposite, the galley is U shaped around the aft end of the saloon with space for a propane stove, a deep S/S sink with fresh water pump faucet. There is a deep ice box, 8.5cu ft and great storage, with practical design for safety whilst underway.
To port of the companionway is the very generous quarter berth. A large single, a cosy double or spacious storage.
Lifting up the companionway reveals the Yanmar engine. Excellent simple access for maintenance.
The Yanmar 2QM15 engine has been well maintained with frequent fluid checks and changes as necessary.
New engine zincs November 2016
Engine can be hand cranked
Cockpit / Deck / Rigging
- Deep enclosed cockpit for safety at heel or rougher seas. High level lifelines and stantion around the whole vessel
- All lines led aft
- Easy single handed sailing
- 2 x 40 twin speed Lewmar winches
- 2 x 10 single speed Lewmar winches
- 2 x 16 twin speed Lewmar winches
- 2 x 8 single speed Lewmar winches
- Single mast winch
- Main traveller on cabin top. New traveller line, Spectre blend 2014
- 2 New Harken Traveller blocks 2014
- Emergency Tiller in cockpit
- Fabulous High Stern Arch providing shade over the helm
- New turnbuckles on all rigging 2014
- New S/S chainplates for front shrouds 2017
- Jib halyards replaced 2014
- 2 Dorades on foredeck
- 2 Dorades over stern locker in cockpit
- Spinnaker pole
- 2 small solar panels in cockpit to maintain battery charge
- Motor mount for outboard on stern rail
- Delta anchor 12 kg , approx 40' chain
- 2 additional anchors plus 130' chain
- Main sail with 2 reefing points and lazy jacks
- New main sheet 3/8 2014
- 100% Jib
- 130% Genoa
- All sails reported as in good condition
- 2014 new 15 gallon fresh water tank installed
- 20 Gallon Diesel tank
Electronics and Navigation
- Extensive rewiring / upgrades in 2014 which includes the following -
- New VHF wiring, new 12 v plug in V berth, new 12v switch panel, new auto bilge wiring.
- New LED cabin lights
- New blower and switch
- New VHF antenna
- New GPS Plotter installed to Nav Station
- New rail GPS antenna
- New stereo and speakers in main cabin
- New Raymarine X5 / P70 Autopilot
- New helm Navpod
- Raymarine ST60 Depth sounder with new in hull transducer
- Raymarine ST60 Speed
- LED Navigation lights
- Anchor light requires attention
- 2 new group 27 deep cycle batteries
- 1 Group 24 marine starter battery
- New Battery charger
- Fans in main cabin for ventilation
Mechanical / Electrical
- 3 Bilges - 1 x auto with float, 1 x electric, 1 x manual whale gusher ( requires attention)
- Hot water heater installed but not currently connected
- All sea cocks exercised regularly
- New Cutlass bearing and stuffing box 2016
- New impeller 2016
- November 2016 - boat hauled for sandblasting bottom paint off, epoxy barrier coat applied plus new bottom paint.
- New fuel filters and hoses
- New engine zincs
- Through hulls greased
- 2017 - restoration of interior woodwork
- New chainplates for forward shrouds
- Monthly boat wash and bottom clean.
- Zincs renewed as necessary - 3/4" shaft
- Adult PDF x 6
- Manual Fire extinguisher
- Life ring
- High Lifelines and Stantions
- Emergency tiller
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.