- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Annapolis, MD
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 124,900
The Bristol 45.5 - A "Ted Hood" classic is one of the second generation designs by New England’s Bristol Yachts, a continuation of the popular 35.5 Hood design. Like the Bristol 41.1 and others, the 45.5 is an aft cockpit version. The aft cockpit model is rare with reportedly only 11 ever built according to brokerage records.
This handsome Bristol Yacht 45.5 attests to the first class tastes of New England craftsmen. The teak trappings blend with a sweet sheer for a fine first impression. She has been built in the tradition of classic lines and craftsmanship and is a joy to sail in any breeze and turns heads in every anchorage. The aft cockpit is sleek looking and finishing her off is a delectable rocket ship stern. She comfortably clears bridges for the ICW. Blue Moon is in Annapolis and easy to show.
For additional information please click here to email Chet@martinbird.com or call cell 443-994-8093>
To visit our website, or to search for more boats, click here: www.martinbird.com Want to sell your boat? I'm always looking for clean, quality listings. Contact me for a free, personalized market evaluation.
Please contact Chet Pawlowicz at 443-994-8093
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 45 ft 3 in
Beam: 13 ft 3 in
LWL: 37 ft 3 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 11 in
Ballast: 15000 lbs
Dry Weight: 34660 lbs
Total Power: 85 HP
Engine Brand: Perkins North America
Year Built: 1991
Engine Model: 4/236
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 4215
Engine Power: 85 HP
Cruising Speed: 7 knots @ 1500 RPM
Maximum Speed: 8 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: Stainless steel (200 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: Stainless steel (100 Gallons)
Number of heads: 2
- 6' 6" headroom with3 large private cabins
- Forward cabin - large traditional V-berth with triangular insert and full-length high cabinets, hanging lockers, drawers and counters to port and starboard. Forward head to port has large cabinets, drawers, and two doors providing privacy to either the forward or main cabin. To starboard are additional hanging locker, drawers, and counter top.
- The spacious Saloon, found only in the aft cockpit layout, has an L-shaped dinette around a large mahogany drop-leaf table to port and a wide custom settee to starboard. Both with lockers above and below. Aft of the dinette to port is an L-shaped buffet with drawers and cabinets below and deep lockers with shelves above.
- A shore power operated Cruise-Aire AC/Heat system is neatly fitted under the Saloon settee.
- Chrome clock, barometer and two oil lamps
- Aft head to port has a large counter with extensive storage and a full shower stall with 6'-8' headroom.
- The aft cabin has a double quarter berth to port with hanging locker drawers and counter. To starboard is a wide quarter berth and chart table with shelves custom instrument cabinet and a 6-tube chart storage rack. High cabinets run the full length outboard of both quarter berths.
- White bulkheads with varnished teak trim in staterooms
- Saloon has all mahogany woodwork and recent cushions in teal velvet.
- Teak and holly sole
- 40 gallon holding tank under V-berth
- (2) marine heads w/overboard macerators
- Clarion XDI-R FM/AM/CD player, XM665-RET6 disc changer, APX 400-2M power amp, two pair of Jensen 6X9, one pair of Bose 151 outdoor speakers
The U-shaped galley, with extensive storage and excellent ventilation, is located to starboard.
- GE Microwave
- Large digital temperature displays in galley
- 3-burner propane stove w/ oven-solenoid control
- 2-bottle vented propane locker
- Large top-load s/s ice box with Nautic-Kold custom refrigeration w/ separate top load s/s box freezer. Operates with 12v or shore power. Separate controls for refrigeration and freezer.
- Double s/s sink with water filter and foot pump
- 12v DC and 110v AC
- (2) 2013 lifeline GPL 4DC high performance, mil-spec AGM 12 volt batteries
- (2) lifeline GPL-4CT AGM 6 volt golf cart batteries
- Link 2000R battery monitor and regulator
- Balmar high output alternator
- 4 position selector switch and 4 position house battery selector switch.
- Bass breaker panel with indicator lights
- (11) AC outlets including (3) GFCI protected outlets
- 50' Hubble shore power cord and (2) shore power deck connections. Ideal high-amperage breaker for windlass and all new engine instrumentation and wiring in '91.
- Masthead light with nav/anchor functions, wiring new in 2000.
- Mast deck light and steaming light, redundant bow and stern navigation lights.
- Total of 12 fluorescent and 14 incandescent cabin lights.
Electronics and Navigation
- Sailcomp PC 103 Electronic Compass with readouts at Nav station and in cockpit. Distance, wind, speed and direction, depth with alarms
- Simrad Navigation Instruments: Icom RAM Mic: speed, wind, depth displayed at Nav Station, above companionway and by helm. Simrad auto pilot AP300X with controller at helm.
- Furuno CS-6100 depth sounder
- KVH Sailcomp 103AC digital compass
- 3 Simrad IS-15 displays
- Furuno GaAs FET Radar
- ICOM VHF IC-M502
- Simrad IS-15 Multi-function displays
- Simrad IS-15 repeater
- Furuno GP-33 GPS Plotter
- Data plug for Nav instrument/laptop
- Heart Freedom 25 inverter/charger
- Seapower 5KW 115 VAC generator is installed on the engine for refrigeration offshore
Deck and Hull
Blue Moon features the striking "Bristol Blue" Awlgrip hull color with white decks and ivory nonskid offset by a double red boot stripe. The bottom was Soda Blasted in 2015 and covered with 3 coats of barrier and two coats of Trinidad SR anti-fouling paint.
- Fortress marine anchor FX 85 with chain & 300' rode. Stowaway bag
- 60 lb Bruce anchor with 200 feet of 3/8 galvanized chain
- Ideal 1,000 pound BHW-R chrome windlass (new in '91) with deck toe switches for power up and down for line or chain
- Custom flush deck locker for 50' deck wash hose (remote pump) with split compartment for chafing gear, finished with teak trim.
- 2 s/s bow rollers
- 4" varnished teak toe rail and rub rail with stainless cap
- (8) Rostand opening ports with screens
- (3) Bomar hatches
- (2) Dorade boxes with protected chrome vents
- (1) Vent-O-Mate
- S/S stanchions
- mast rails
- Double lifelines
- teak and s/s folding ladder through stern rail
- Cockpit awning, full deck awning
- New blue Sunbrella dodger (2014)
- (3) extendable awning tubes
- Boat hook
- (3) large cockpit lockers
- Full cockpit cushions
- Varnished cockpit table
- (4) fenders
- Dock lines
- s/s charcoal grill
- radar reflector
- 10 life jackets
- (4) flotation cushions
- (6) safety harnesses
- man overboard horseshoe
- bell, flares and ARC EPIRB
- AB 320 VS Rigid Hull Inflatable (RI(B) 10'6", Gray Hypalon,
- 9.9 HP Mercury 4 stroke outboard
Sails and Rigging
- Main: 8.5 oz. full length battens. 3 reef points Glen Housley of Annapolis in '87/88
- Genoa: 6.5 oz. 150% roller furling Scott Sails
- Other older sails transfer w/sale
- Mainsail cover
- Standing rigging consists of aluminum mast and boom, s/s standing rigging
- Navtec turnbuckles and Sailtec hydraulic backstay
- Running rigging consists of main halyard,(2) jib halyards, removable inner forestay with center line hayard, spinnaker halyard, Harken roller furling/reefing with grooved headstay (updated in '92)
- 3 point main reefing gear
- stowable main lazy jacks
- boom vang
- genoa deck track and cars
- Spinnaker pole
- reaching strut
- extending whisker pole which stows on mast or on deck
Winches are all by Lewmar except Wilcox Crittendon centerboard winch.
- Cockpit: Jibs (2) Model 65, 2 speed, self-tailing
Spin (2) Model 55, 2 sped, self-tailing
Main 48, 2 spped, self-tailing
Vang 20, 1 speed
- Mast: Headsails 48, 2 speed, self-tailing
Headsails 44, 3 speed, self-tailing
Main 42, 2 speed, self-tailing
- Boom: Reef/outhaul 42, 2 speed, self-tailing
- Handles: (4) single and (2) double
- Removable inner fore stay
Note: All winches are oversized which substantially reduces the effort required when sailing shorthanded.
Mechanical Equipment and Engine Details
- In May of '91 a new Perkins 4-236 diesel engine with fresh water cooling and Hurth transmission with all new accessories, hoses, wiring, instruments, shaft coupling, cutlass bearing, motor mounts, alternator and starter.
- Complete new exhaust system including hoses and muffler was installed.
- The engine compartment was sound insulated and finished with sound-attenuating, perforated aluminum panels.
- New stainless steel 10 gallon hot water heater was installed which heats off the engine or shore power.
- 3-blade feathering Max-prop has excellent reverse power.
- (2) automatic bilge pumps and (2) manual bilge pumps.
- Bronze seacocks on all eight thru-hulls.
- New Hurth 1.88 to 1 transmission in '94.
This is a strong, Bristol-built solid hull without core material. There are numerous spare parts, supplies and many pieces of incidental gear. Service manuals are on board. Blue Moon is a U.S. documented vessel and her full history of ownership is known.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Martin Bird and Associates Inc.
Annapolis, MD, United States