- Video Gallery
- View Full Specifications
A Fantastic Frances 26
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Northeast Harbor, ME
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 44,500
This is a very special yacht designed by Chuck Paine and outfitted for extensive cruising and single handing; all equipment has been well cared for by the owner. She had a new Nanni Diesel engine installed in 2005 which has only been used four of the last ten years (205 hours). Brand new marine head and holding tank with Y-valve (2016). This is a fantastic example of the very popular Morris Frances 26 (the boat that started it all!). Don't miss this opportunity to own a piece of Morris history.
Please contact Wythe Ingebritson at 207-664-8111
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: C.W. Paine
LOA: 26 ft 0 in
Beam: 8 ft 0 in
LWL: 21 ft 3 in
Maximum Draft: 3 ft 10 in
Displacement: 6800 lbs
Ballast: 3500 lbs
Headroom: 6 ft 0 in
Total Power: 14 HP
Engine Brand: Nanni
Year Built: 2005
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 205
Propeller: 2 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 14 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: Stainless steel (25 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: Stainless steel (12 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 3
Construction & Deck Hardware
- Solid fiberglass hull (green with white sheer and boot).
- Marine grade plywood deck with fiberglass overlay (painted underside).
- Nonskid and smooth sections of deck repainted. (2009)
- Three inch molded bulwarks.
- Varnished teak caprails, handrails, coamings, eyebrows, cockpit locker doors, drop boards and companionway hatch.
- Stanchions and lifelines.
- Bronze deck hardware (cleats, drains, chocks, fills)
PETREL has a very airy and open interior with pine hull sheathing, varnished mahogany trim on white bulkheads and a solid teak planked cabin sole.
- Three full size bunks.
- New marine head with holding tank. (2016)
- Fore peak storage and chain locker.
- Stainless steel sink with hand pump and foot pump.
- Top loading ice box.
- Paul Luke alcohol stove with oven.
- Storage lockers.
- 25 Gallon stainless steel water tank.
- Nanni (Kabota) 14hp Marine Diesel Engine (2005) with 205 hours.
- Heat exchanger with Groco bronze water strainer.
- Stainless steel 1" shaft.
- Bronze stuffing box.
- Two blade bronze propeller.
- Waterlok muffler.
- Nanni gauge panel and control in cockpit.
- Stainless steel 12 gallon fuel tank.
- Tiller steering with transom hung rudder.
- Aluminum mast and boom (painted).
- Standing rigging replaced. (2003)
- Stainless steel 3/16 1 x19 stays.
- SS chain plate fittings.
- Whisker pole.
- Bohndell Mainsail with cover (used only two seasons).
- Roller furling self-tacking jib with jib-boom.
- 12-Volt DC System.
- 2 marine batteries in storage boxes.
- 1-2-Both battery switch.
Electronics and Navigation
- Ritchie powerdamp compass on cabin bulkhead in cockpit.
- Icom M59 VHF.
- Datamarine Depth meter.
- Datamarine knotmeter/distance log.
- Two bronze Barlow cabin top winches. (2001)
- CQR primary anchor in bow roller with chain/rode.
- Danforth 12# anchor with chain and approximately 95' rode.
- Boarding ladder.
- Solid fuel burning heater.
- Windex mast head wind direction indicator.
- Yacht ensign and flag staff.
- Cockpit seat cushions.
- Lines & fenders.
- Oil lamp.
- Bulkhead ships clock.
- Misc. engine spare parts.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Morris Yachts
Southwest Harbor, ME, United States
Ocean Series 42
Northeast Harbor, ME, United States
Boothbay Harbor, ME, United States
Unknown, ME, United States
Northeast Harbor, ME, United States
Ocean Series 38
Oxford, MD, United States