1978 Gulfstar Mark II Center-Cockpit Ketch
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Port Charlotte, FL
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 69,900
A TRUE PASSAGE MAKER; A FANTASTIC BOAT FOR CRUISING AND LIVING ABOARD
From the coast of California, to the turquoise waters of Mexico, through the Panama Canal, cruising the Caribbean islands and Bahamas and now sailing the waters of the gulf coast of Florida, TRVTH has truly fulfilled the dreams of her current owners.
Now, the lucky new owners will get an ocean-cruising and ocean-ready boat; fully loaded, meticulously maintained and positioned well for another adventure of dream chasing.
The extensive inventory of equipment, upgrades and continuous improvements including solar panels, near new sails, new barrier and bottom paint, ICOM single side band, AIS Transponder and EPIRB, demonstrate not only the commitment the owners had to her performance, but also her readiness to set sail again. Under sail she cruises easily at 7 knots with an ideal sail area to displacement ratio of 13.7, a displacement to length ratio of 286, and her balance/displacement ratio is 35%.
The Gulfstar 43 Mark II Ketch with its center-cockpit is a sought after bluewater boat that rarely comes available for resale. Don't miss this one!
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS BOAT, CONTACT:
LICENSED & BONDED PROFESSIONAL BROKER
CELL PHONE - (941) 628-5404
E-MAIL - Greg@PierOneYachtSales.com
Visit one of our 5 locations in Southwest Florida!
For more information or to set up an appointment to see this vessel, please contact:
Licensed Professional Broker
Please contact GREG POSTLE 941-628-5404 at OFFICE - 941-639-7777
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Gulfstar Yachts
Designer: Vince Lazarra
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 42 ft 7 in
Beam: 11 ft 9 in
LWL: 33 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 0 in
Displacement: 23000 lbs
Ballast: 8000 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 50 ft 5 in
Total Power: 50 HP
Engine Brand: Perkins
Year Built: 1977
Engine Model: 4/108
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 2500
Propeller: 2 blade propeller
Engine Power: 50 HP
Cruising Speed: 6 knots @ 1800 RPM
Fresh Water Tanks: (115 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (65 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (13 Gallons)
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 2
Electrical Circuit: 12V
Total Liferaft Capacity: 6
Sails & Rigging
- Main, Excellent shape, UK, 100z, four full battens, quadruple reinforcements, two draft lines, three reefing points, falls into Mack Pack lazy jacks and zip up cover. Strength and reef points negate the need of storm trysail. Has six seasons use, washed and stored off boat in summers.
- Jib, near new, UK, 9 oz, self furling 130% with sunbrella roll up cover. Only one season use, washed & stored off boat in summer. Furls on Harken Il with twin foil.
- All main mast halyards, including main, jib, topping lift and two spinnaker all run inside mast and back to cockpit.
- Vang, rigid, Garhauer RV 20-IDX, control line run to cockpit.
- Mizzen, loose footed, with draft line, out haul and two reefing points allow precise balance.
- Mizzen and mule/staysail halyards run internally. Mizzen sheet is also used for raising/lowering outboard engine and lifting man overboard.
- Spare main, original, for backup only. Spare main halyard and sheet.
- Spare jib, Good shape, 90% 267 sq' yankee can be sheeted inboard for very high pointing.
- Spare jib, old 150% 430 sq' deep draft great for going wing and wing with 130 poled out on opposite side.
- Spare toggle for all shroud sizes.
- Whisker pole, excellent condition, Forespar LC 12-22 3".
- Bosun's chair, deluxe
Jib Cars: Jib sheet cars, dual line.
- Spare track car slides on tracks.
- Snap shackle blocks, three 5/8".
- Primaries, Enkes 48, self tailing, 2 speed near helm.
- Main Sheet, Lewmar 25, 2 speed, at helm.
- Main mast, two Lewmar 25, 2 speeds.
- Mizzen mast, two Barient 18, 2 speeds.
- Cabin top, two Andersen 40, 2 speeds followed by two Spinlock XAS triple Power Clutches.
- Handles, four.
Engine & Electrical
- Perkins 4/108, has 2500 hours. Rebuilt injectors installed 2010, old injectors rebuilt for spares.
- Has spare, rebuilt, lightweight starter motor, primary fuel pump, raw water pump and, Groco bronze sea strainer.
- Fresh water pump has Speedseal easy off impeller cover and impeller puller. New dual engine/transmission oil cooler installed 2015.
- Twin Racor 500 Turbine fuel filter/water separators above engine allow filter change while running engine and polishing of fuel. Have factory service manual. 7 qt oil extractor/tank. Full mechanic's tool box.
- Jerry can, 5 gal diesel.
- Transmission; Borg-Warner Velvet Drive 71C. Have factory service manual.
- Propeller; Michigan bronze, two blade, 16L14 w/spare.
- Flexible shaft coupler.
- PSS dripless shaft seal, rebuilt 1/2017. Cutless bearing, replaced 1/2017.
- House batteries, Duracell Ultra 6V GC-IIO , 640 amps, 1/2017; starting battery, WestMarine group 27, 1/2017.
- Alternator, Ample 105W (rebuilt 4/2017), spare 65W Balmar.
- Regulator, Balmar ARS-5.
- Monitor, Balmar Smartguage 44-SG (not installed). Combiner, West Marine 150.
- Battery charger/inverter, Heart Interface Freedom 25.
- Starter battery cutoff switch, Blue Sea 3000.
- Shore power, ProSafe FS30 galvanic isolator, new 50' Marinco 30A w/ 30A to 50A/125V pigtail, 15A to 30A and 30A to 15A adapters.
- Solar panels, 2@ Nature Power 65W monocrystalline rigid panels w/ Nature Power 28A controller.
- Lightning diffuser, on main mast. All Groco thru hulls bonded.
- Sunbrella blue; dodger glassine, binnacle, all winches, mainsail (included in Mack Pack sip up), mizzen sail, solar panels.
- Sunbrella white; companion way, sailing instruments and speakers. SunTex, sailing bimini.
- Windless, Muir VRC-1200 windless w/up & down foot pads at bow and remote in cockpit.
- Main Anchor, CQR 45 lb. w/200' of 3/8" HT chain.
- Kedge anchor, Fortress 23 w/20' 3/8" HT chain and 200' 3/4" three strand rode in bag in lazarette.
- Anchor snubbers, single 5/8" and double 3/4" three strand.
- Anchor retriever, T-H Marine with 12" ball.
- Sea anchor, Para-Tech 13' FastNet. (use kedge anchor rode).
- Sea drogue, Para-Tech 6' Delta Drogue.
Drogue warps, 1 braided 140' x 3/4"; 2 three strand 120' x 5/9"; all with double end thimbles and shackle; 1 three strand 75' x 5/8" w/thimble and shackle; 1 braided 30' x 3/4" bridle w/shackle and swivel. All shackles are 1/2"
- Owner Absent Spare anchor light, Davis Mega-Light #3300.
- Fenders; two each 8"x20" Big B, blue; two each 8"x20" modular flat, one 12" round, orange, anchor fender. 4"x2"x4" fender board.
- Dock lines; all three strand w/eye splices, 6 @ 20' x 5/8", 4 @ 35' x 3/4", 1 @ 20' x 3/4", 2 @ 15' x 3/4", Plus many new, not installed chafe guards. Moveable cleats on jib tracks. Dock poles, 2 both extendable.
- Wind Scoop.
- Solar shower, 5 gal.
- Courtesy flags for all Central American and almost all Caribbean countries
- Zodiac, 9'6" with inflatable floor (only 57 lbs.). Carrying bag. Portable nav lights. Oars. Grappling anchor and rode. Tow ropes w/bridle. Double-action hand pump. Excellent cover. Tie down straps.
- Outboard, 8 hp Mercury w/25 hours since rebuild. Extendable extension handle w/U-joint. Mercury flusher. New StingRay performance hydrofoil.
- New 6 gal Moeller bow tank and fuel line assembly. Spare 1 gal tank.
Navigation & Communication:
- Garmin GPSMAP740s combo, w/G2 Vision, chip for Southwest Caribbean, Homeport and Rose Point Explorer planning software.
- Garmin GPSMAP 78sc handheld chart plotter.
- Garmin GMR 18 HD Radar, on gimballed mount on mizzen mast.
- Compass, main, Danforth Constellation, 4" card. Backup, handheld military type in ditch bag. Davis hand bearing compass.
- Radar detectors, Firdell Blipper 210-5 on mizzen mast and 2@ Mobri S-2 on diagonal top of main shrouds. Backup, folding Davis Echomaster 12".
- Sailing instruments, Raymarine i50 speed/log, wind and depth/temp connected to DST Triducer.
- Autopilot, Navico Powerpilot 8000 w/12" Hydraulic Linear Drive and spare; needs head replacement. Spare auto pilot, wheel drive unit with wheel mounted on helm, power unit not mounted.
- Wind vane, Cape Horn Spray w/ spare vanes and steering oar. Emergency tiller, this one actually fits !
- SSB, ICOM IC-M710RT w/AT-130 automatic tuner and Pactor Il l Modem, 25' of 3" copper wire, 2@ bronze ground plates and 2@ HiMOD backstay insulators.
- VHF, ICOM IC-M502 w/ MXA-5000 AIS and HM-157 remote control microphone. Spare VHF, Standard Horizon GX1150 w/spare 8' antenna w/mount on stanchion. Hand held West Marine VHF 100.
- Stereo, Kenwood KDC-MP362BT w/ four speakers.
- TV/DVD player, on fold-away wall mount in Captain's cabin.
- Revere life raft, 6 person Offshore Commander, needs service.
- Ditch bag, ACR Rapid Ditch w/flares, smokes, distress flag, etc.
- 25mm Very Pistol w/12g insert.
- EPIRB, ACR RapidFix 406. Battery good till 2/2019. ACR ResQLink+ PLB, battery good till 2/2019.
- AIS receiver, Kannad SafeLink R10
- Spot, Gen1
- Inflatable Lifesling.
- Man overboard Poles, 2@, Forespar, 12'.
- Throw Buoys, 2@ 24", type IV, orange.
- MOB Strobes, 2 @ ACR/SM-2
- Throw rope, 50'.
- PFDs, 2@ Stearns Off Shore 33g auto-inflatables w/tethers and CStrobes, 1 infant and child CG approved inflatables. Spare rearm kits.
- Fire Extinguishers, engine compartment, FireBoy-Xintex MA2 automatic; cabins, 3@ Mariner 5-B-C plus 1 Mariner 110 1-A;IO-B-C in lazarette.
- Gas detectors; aft cabin, Safe T-Alert CO detector; forward cabin, Fireboy CO Sentinel CO detector; galley, Fireboy MS-2 sensor all w/alarms.
- First Aid Kit, Adventure Medical Kit 1000, updated 1/2017.
- Sink, SS, deep, dual w/ hand wand and salt water rinse pump.
- Fridge, 7 cubic foot, recent reinsulate and install of Dometic VD-152 Large Vertical Evaporator and CU-IOO Compressor. Extra ice cube trays.
- Stove, gimballed, two burner Shipmate 882 w/oven and 12V LP gas control. 2@ 101b. aluminum LPG tanks, both certified 1/2017.
- Microwave, Holiday, TSK-M1704ME.
- BBQ, Force 10 connected to 10 lb. propane tank.
- Cookware, complete set of Ingenio Ultralight T-FAL stackable pans, full drawer of utensils.
- Tableware, full setting for four including wine glasses, flatware for six, place mats and napkins.
- Linens, complete sets of nice sheets and towels, fore and aft, w/near new bed spreads.
- Hella Fans in cabins, nav station, galley; Sirocco fan in engine room.
- Rod & reel, Penn Slammer, 6'6" 30-50 1b rod w/Penn Senator 40 Special reel w/300' of 60 1b test mono spooled 1/17.
- 2' gaff and two large nets.
About Gulfstar Boats
Sweet, Sleek and Swift
Gulfstar boats are truly southern boats, deriving their name from being the Star of the Gulf of Mexico. The company was founded in 1970 by Vince Lazzara who had earned respect as an innovator by helping build one of the first production fiberglass boats, the Rhodes designed Bounty Il, and being one of the founders and the major stockholder of Columbia Yachts, which became the largest fiberglass boat builder. The company's 30,000 square foot facility located in St. Pete, Fl., became a mecca for sail boat builders and Gulfstar had neighbors like Morgan, Irwin and Endeavor.
The first boat Gulfstar produced was a 36-foot motor-sailer. In 1973 it built the Gulfstar 41 center-cockpit sailboat and in the next year began private labeling boats for others, including yachts for charter companies that included CSY, Bill Stevens, the Moorings, La Vida, and Bahamas Yachting Services. Between 1976 through 1978, Gulfstar Inc. built 80 Gulfstar 43' boats including TRVTH, a 43 foot center-cockpit ketch.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from PIER ONE YACHT SALES
Madeira Beach, FL, United States
38 Sun Deck Motor Cruiser / Trawler
Punta Gorda, FL, United States
Fort Myers Beach, FL, United States