- View Full Specifications
REDUCED FOR FAST SALE !!!
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Nanny Cay, British Virgin Islands
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 22,000
NOW EVEN FURTHER REDUCED! BOAT MUST SELL!
“Lorelei” was built by the world renown "Tyler Boatworks" (U.K.) and designed by Ohlson (Sweden). Fast and weatherly and superbly crafted, these boats have become cult classics in Europe, but are rare over on this side of the Atlantic.
This boat needs a new owner! She is basically very nice, but the current owner has no time to work on her or even to clean her up for selling and so has authorized us to reduce the price to this very low level. She could look very good with only a few days work, but as it is, she looks somewhat forlorn and a bit tatty. However, underneath that she is very sound and a great performing, high quality boat! She has new teak laid throughout the cockpit and custom new teak in the salon as well. Lorelei was well maintained and cared for her entire life until very recently and with just a small amount of effort could be ready to go cruising anywhere. She is located in Nanny Cay Marina, British Virgin Islands in the heart of the world's best cruising grounds. Come view her today!
The design of the Ohlson 38 dates back to 1967, when Swedish designer Einar Ohlson provided an extended version of his successful 36-footer. In contrast to his earlier 36 foot design, the 38 was planned to be produced in GRP from the start. The GRP Hulls were laminated by the Tyler Boat Company Ltd. in the United Kingdom and so were the decks, including the coachroof. The quality of the GRP work from Tyler during this era is legendary.
The Ohlson 38 was made famous by Claire Francis who came 13th out 125 starters in the Observer Single Handed Transatlantic Race in 1976. She is a classic fin and skeg cruising yacht with considerable style and proven seaworthiness. The Ohlson 38’s have achieved cult status among admirer's of fine sailing yachts, handsome traditional appearance, excellent performance and fine craftsmanship in the clean and simple Scandinavian style. The Ohlson 38 is recognized by knowledgeable sailors as one of the finest cruising yachts ever built; she combines the best of traditional aesthetics with responsive, contemporary performance and simple, elegant Scandinavian detail and finish. Sisterships have cruised the globe while others continue to win silver in offshore club racing events.
For additional details and photos contact Todd Duff: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Todd Duff at +1-877-310-9458
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Einar Ohlson
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 38 ft 0 in
Displacement: 15500 lbs
Ballast: 7000 lbs
Engine Brand: Rebuilt: British Marine Corp. (BMC)
Engine Model: 1.5 Liter diesel
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Fresh Water Tanks: (50 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (40 Gallons)
Max Draft: 5'6''
Total Power: 36
(1 Cabin / 1 Head)
Double v-berth with large deck hatch. Storage compartments beneath berth. Chain locker access forward. Hanging locker to starboard opposite head.
Situated to port, forward of main bulkhead. Manual flush marine toilet and storage lockers.
Settees to port and starboard with tankage beneath. Custom built storage compartments and shelves above and outboard of settees. Galley situated aft on port side. Navigation station with chart table and electrical panel located to starboard.
Main companionway on centerline with engine access beneath stairs. Quarter berth to starboard has been converted to gear storage and battery compartment.
The interior joinery is teak. The main bulkheads have been painted white to lighten the space. The cabin sole is teak & holly in excellent condition. Counter tops are Formica in salon and tile in the galley. Salon upholstery is blue and was replaced in 2011.
The interior is simple, clean and very functional.
Galley & Water Systems
- Large stainless steel sink
- Fresh water foot pump (Whale Tiptoe Pump Mk4)
- Salt water hand pump (Whale Vertical Hand Pump)
- Water filter (under sink) (2009)
- Shurflo Aqua King Jr Water Pump with deck shower hose (under sink) (2009)
- Force 10 3-burner propane stove w/oven
- Storage drawers and cupboards
- Pur 40 water maker
Electronics & Navigation
- Nasa Marine depth sounder (2004)
- Nasa Marine speed log (2004)
- Nasa Marine wind direction & speed (2004)
- Garmin 128 GPS (2004)
- Garmin GPSmap 520 with Caribbean chart pack (2009)
- Icom M700 SSB radio
- SSB tuner and backstay insulators
- Sestral binnacle mounted compass
- Hydrovane self steering gear
- 12 Volt DC circuit and breaker panel
- (4) 6 Volt Trojan T-105 house batteries (2009)
- (1) 12 Volt engine starting battery (2012)
- (1) 12 Volt windlass battery (2009)
- 120 watt solar panel
- Jensen marine stereo w/ CD, Tape and remote
- Casio clock w/ thermometer (at Nav station)
- 12 volt cigarette adapter plug (at Nav station)
- Cabin lights
- Running lights
Sails & Rigging
- Masthead Sloop rig
- Deck stepped double spreader aluminum mast
- Aluminum boom
- Aluminum spinnaker pole
- Harken Roller furling gear on headstay
- Swaged terminals on headstay & inner forestay
- Wire standing rigging w/Norseman terminals (rigging checked Apr 2013)
- Block & tackle boom vang
- Lewmar adjustable jib blocks
- Harken main sheet traveler (2006)
- (2) Knowsley 2-speed primary winches
- (2) Barbarosa 2-speed ST 46 secondary winches
- (1) Lewmar 2-speed main sheet winch
- (1) Lewmar 2-speed mast winch
- (1) Lee Main sail (2004)
- Mainsail w/half battens and 3 reef points
- (1) 130% Genoa
- (1) 100% jib
- (1) Spinnaker
Deck & Hull
- Solid fiberglass hull construction
- Ice Blue Awlgrip hull topside finish (2006)
- Elongated fin keel w/internal ballast
- Additional 1,000 lb. ballast per original owner
- Skeg hung rudder
- Antifouling paint (2012)
- Fiberglass deck and cabin top
- Gray deck and cabin top finish
- Stainless steel stem fitting w/double bow roller
- Lofrans Tigres windlass (2006)
- Stainless steel bow & stern pulpits
- Stainless steel stanchions and lifelines
- Boarding gates to port & starboard
- Spacious cockpit with molded coamings
- Teak cockpit seats w/lockers beneath
- Contoured helm seat
- Pedestal mounted steering wheel
- Aft deck with additional storage locker
- Aft deck solar panel mount
- Canvas (Sunbrella) bimini top (2009)
- Canvas (Sunbrella) spray dodger
- Mercury Dinghy with Yamaha 4 HP, 4 stroke outboard
- 30# Bruce anchor w/120 ft BBB 3/8 in. chain
- Spare anchor
- Dinghy anchor
- (2) 50 ft. 3/8 in. anchor chains
- (3) 100 ft. 3/4 in. nylon anchor rodes
- Stainless steel folding swim ladder
- (1) Aluminum 10# propane cylinder
- Magma BBQ grill
- New canvas (Sunbrella) bimini top (2009)
- Lifejackets (2009)
- Lines and fenders
- Conventional bronze stuffing box
- Cutlass bearing (2006)
- 3-blade bronze propeller
- Single lever Morse engine controls
- PRM transmission
- Stainless steel drive shaft
- Pedestal mounted steering wheel
- Hydrovane windvane self steering gear
- Manual bilge pump
- Rule-Mate Automated Bilge Pump, 1100GPH (2012)
- BMC (British Motor Corp) diesel engine
- 1.5 Liter (36hp, 4 cyl)
- Heat Exchanger (2009)
- (rebuilt 1999: head resurfaced, injectors, water/fuel system)
“Lorelei” was built by "Tyler Boatworks" (U.K.) and designed by Ohlson (Sweden). Tyler's are "famous" for building several classics! She is a rarity in the Caribbean and continually gets compliments on her look everywhere she goes. Lorelei has been well maintained and cared for her entire life. She is located in Nanny Cay Marina, British Virgin Islands. Come view her.
The design of the Ohlson 38 dates back to 1967, when Swedish designer Einar Ohlson provided an extended version of his successful 36-footer. In contrast to his earlier 36 foot design, the 38 was planned to be produced in GRP from the start. The GRP Hulls were laminated by the Tyler Boat Company Ltd. in the United Kingdom and so were decks including the coachroof. The quality of the GRP work from Tyler during this era was legendary.
The Ohlson 38 was made famous by Claire Francis who came 13th out 125 starters in the Observer Single Handed Transatlantic Race in 1976. She is a classic fin and skeg cruising yacht with considerable style and proven seaworthiness. The Ohlson 38’s were designed by Einar Ohlson in Sweden and has achieved cult status among admirer's of fine sailing yachts, handsome traditional appearance, excellent performance and fine craftsmanship in the clean and simple Scandinavian style. The Ohlson 38 is recognized by knowledgeable sailors as one of the finest cruising yachts ever built; she combines the best of traditional aesthetics with responsive, contemporary performance and simple, elegant Scandinavian detail and finish. Sisterships have cruised the globe while others continue to win silver in offshore club racing events.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Newly Launched BVI Yacht Sales Ltd Website - Check it out!!!
Other Boats from BVI Yacht Sales Ltd.
Hans Christian, Anderson
Christina 43 (last one built)
Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands
Unknown, British Virgin Islands
St. Croix, Virgin Islands (US)
Oceanis Clipper 361
St. Croix, Virgin Islands (US)
Unknown, British Virgin Islands
Nanny Cay, British Virgin Islands