- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Portland, OR
- Hull Material:
- Last Listed Price:
- US$ 27,500
"Very simply, the finest small voyaging vessel ever built!
By any standards, the Nor'Sea 27 is a remarkable yacht, constructed to a standard that is rare in a cruising boat of this size. With her one-piece, hand-laminated hull, all lead ballast, top-quality metalwork and remarkable joinery, the Nor'Sea 27 is the ultimate in transportable yachts.
Nor'Sea 27's have made 4 Circumnavigations and more than 160 Atlantic and Pacific crossings."
---from the Nor'Sea Yachts Website
'Smuggler', a one-owner boat, with low hours on the inboard diesel, has spent most of her life on the Columbia River in Fresh Water. Includes EZ Loader Trailer and tabernacle style mast.
See full specs for details.
For more information or to make an appointment to see this vessel contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-289-6306
Please contact Passion Yachts at (503) 289-6306
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Heritage Marine, Inc., Long Beach, CA
Designer: Lyle Hess
LOA: 27 ft 0 in
Beam: 8 ft 0 in
LWL: 23 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 3 ft 6 in
Displacement: 7000 lbs
Ballast: 3000 lbs
Headroom: 6 ft 0 in
Total Power: 9 HP
Engine Brand: Farymann
Year Built: 1977
Engine Model: 1 cylinder
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 529
Engine Power: 9 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 2 Plastic (20 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 1 Aluminum (30 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1
"Nor’Sea Yachts maintain a “super heavy duty” philosophy in construction and the Nor’Sea 27 is a prime example. The hull is of solid hand-laid one piece laminate with up to 22 layers of mat and woven roving, and molded in lapstrakes which although costly and time consuming to build provide extra stiffness and strength as well as traditional looks and a drier boat. The thickness of the laminate varies from 5/16″ at the sheer to 3/4″ at the keel. Interior plywood bulkheads and a partial molded fibreglass liner provide further structural reinforcement resulting in an extremely strong hull.
The plywood-cored deck is fixed to an inward flange with adhesive sealant and stainless steel bolts spaced at 6-inch intervals. Deck fittings and hardware are oversized and through-bolted to stainless steel backing plates. This build quality gives the Nor’Sea 27 the strength of a larger boat but doesn’t come cheap.
“I am very proud of the quality we put into those boats. I did make a fatal mistake: I built a product that I had fallen in love with. We built the boats without enough regard to cost. We already had the world’s most expensive 27-footer, yet I could not bring myself to cut corners in areas seldom seen” – Dean Wixom."
---From the Blue Water Boats website
- Aft cabin accessible from the cockpit has double berth, storage lockers, teak and holly cabin sole and teak trim
- Main cabin has side galley to starboard as you enter the boat
- Enclosed head to port as you enter the boat has marine head with holding tank, sink and vanity with hand pump water supply, and storage cabinet with teak trim
- Salon area forward has full length settee to port with dinette table that raises or lowers on the mast compression post. Seating around the table wraps around forward and aft to potentially seat 4 people.
- At the forward end of the galley there is a Custom Pot Belly solid fuel heater with drying locker outboard.
- The Salon has 3 hanging lockers
- Forward of the heater is an aft-facing nav desk that has an inboard hinged extension, allowing it to become full-sized.
- V berth in the forepeak extends aft when the salon seat backrest folds down, and the backrest cushions become the aft portion of the berth.
- Sleeps up to 5
- 6' headroom
- Teak and Holly cabin sole
- Hand-crafted all-wood interior of pine, maple and teak
- Side Galley to Starboard as you enter the main cabin
- 2-burner gimbaled SS pressurized alcohol stove with oven
- Large SS dual sinks have foot pump fresh and salt-water supply
- Large capacity top or front-loading icebox
- Storage drawers and cabinets are teak trimmed
Electronics and Electrical
- VHF radio
- Autohelm Tillerpilot
- 2 12v marine batteries
- Shore power connection
- Portable 110v battery charger
Sails and Rigging
- Original set of heavy duty cruising sails, all are hank-on sails, including:
- Working Jib
- ~150% Genoa
- Flasher (like an asymmetrical spinnaker)
- Whisker pole
- 2 Lewmar #16 self-tailing sheet winches on coamings
- 2 Lewmar #7 halyard winches on mast
- Tabernacle-style anodized aluminum mast
- Outboard Chain Plates
- Custom bronze portlights - 8 large and 2 small
- Companionway hatches and large forehatch
- Custom teak sheer trim and toe rail
- Forest Green Hull gelcoat with Chrome Yellow Waterline and Ivory Decks
- Includes Bright Gold Boom Tent
- 500# additional ballast brings total ballast to 3000#
- EZ Loader trailer
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.