- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Annapolis, MD
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 525,000 Tax Paid
This Swan 65 has been extremely well cared for by her past two owners. She had an extensive refit in 1995 in Finland by an ex-Nautor staff yard in Kokkola, which included relaminations of interior, etc. Then in 2001, her owner was determined to have her looking very smart for the Silver Jubilee with a new rig, faired underwater profile and upgrading her sail inventory. In 2006, the boat was sold to an American client who again spent a substantial amount at the Berthon Yard in Lymington, and then sailed across the Atlantic and cruised the East Coast. The current owner handles the boat with himself and his wife, sailing up and down the East Coast and the Caribbean. Again, very little expense has been spared, with a new bow thruster, new sails, new generator, totally rebuilt engine & transmission, etc. New teak decks being done fall-winter 2014-15 in Annapolis.
Offered to co-brokers on a commission split of 50/50.
Cell phone 1 401 855 8404
Please contact Jennifer Stewart at +1 (401) 855-8404
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
This Swan 65 has been extremely well cared for by her past two owners. She had an extensive refit in 1995 in Finland by an ex-Nautor staff yard in Kokkola, which included re-laminations of interior, etc. Then in 2001, her owner was determined to have her looking very smart for the Silver Jubilee with a new rig, faired underwater profile and upgrading her sail inventory. In 2006, the boat was sold to an American client who again spent a substantial amount at the Berthon Yard in Lymington, and then sailed across the Atlantic and cruised the East Coast. The current owner handles the boat with himself and his wife, sailing up and down the East Coast and the Caribbean. Again, very little expense has been spared, with a new bow thruster, new sails, new generator, totally rebuilt engine & transmission, etc. Ready to go anywhere, anytime!
Summary of Refit Work Done
This is NOT an old "needs work" Swan 65. Her purchase price has been spent at least twice on upgrading by her last three owners, all of whom have loved the boat and cruised her extensively.
In summary, in 1995, the boat was taken to Finland for his first refit, done by an ex Nautor employee who had opened his own boat yard. New decks were laid, and the aluminum toerails also replaced. The interior was taken down to bare wood, relaminations done where needed, and revarnished. The main salon was customized and the owner's cabin modified to accomodate a stall shower. The headliner was done along with all new cabin lighting.
In 2001, $500K plus was spent in preparing the boat for the Silver Jubilee. The new tall rig was supplied by Nautor in anodized aluminium, as was original, but 2 meters taller. All new Harken deck hardware, powered secondaries and coffee grinder primaries were installed. The heads were replaced, all new B&G instruments, and a new set of 3DL racing sails, new autopilot and new genset.
In 2006, another refit involving all hardware, electronics and systems - what needed to be done was done! Cabin and topsides were taken down to original and re-awlgripped flag blue. New SSB ICOM, new sat. communications, new radar, new computer & GPS system, new VHF, all new cockpit instruments and controls, new main DC panel, and all new batteries. The watermaker was added, the new AC/DC refrigeration and compressor, new air conditioning forward, new propane system/alarms, new soft furnishings, new hatches & Lexan. The hydraulics were refurbished, new pumps and hoses, new electric primaries, new safety gear.
In 2007, the complete interior was revarnished including floorboards. New interior lighting and a new Racor system.
In 2009-2011, this owner has continued, with a complete engine/trans. rebuild, new Racor system, bow thruster, new generator, new air conditioning aft, new water system, new autopilot, new Corian countertops in galley, new electric toilets, new sails and new upholstery.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Hull is solid GRP laminate, with the underbody treated with epoxy in 1996.
- EDEN was repainted white (was flag blue) in 2011; hauled for bottom paint October 2017.
- The superstructure is also white awlgrip done in 2006.
- Teak decks (new 2014).
- Teak toe rails (new 1995).
Keel & Rudder:
- Her lead keel/stainless steel bolts were stripped and faired in November of 2000, along with the rudder and the bottom faired to racing finish.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x Volvo Penta TMD41B 150hp diesel engine.
- Volvo reduction gearbox.
- Racor fuel filter system (2011).
Maintenance & Performance:
- Cruising Speed: 7.5 knots.
- Maximum Speed: 9.5 knots.
- Engine overhauled to 0 hours in 2011.
- Transmission rebuilt in 2011.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Shaft (2006) with deep sea seal (2011).
- 3-bladed MaxProp (rebuilt 2011).
- Bow thruster (2011).
- All cockpit instruments and controls (2006).
- Destroyer type steering wheel with elkhide cover (2008).
- Electric system renewed in 1995 including new distribution panel, distribution circuit breakers, lights and pumps.
- New main breaker and wiring (2006).
- 800 AL 24v house gel battery bank (2006).
- 400 AD 24v radio gel battery bank (2006).
- 170 AL 24v main engine gel battery (2006).
- 70 AL 12v generator gel batteries (2006).
- All batteries are sealed gels.
- 2 x Battery chargers 100 amp/24v (2009).
- New genset (October 2017).
- 220v Shore power.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Hot water from main engine, generator or shorepower.
- Water heating system element was replaced in 2006.
- Water pressure system (replaced 2011).
- Black water and fresh water pipes replaced in 2006.
- Seafresh automatic watermaker (2006) with output of 140 litres per hour.
- 2 x Manual bilge pumps (2011).
- 2 x Electric bilge pumps (2011).
- Total capacity of 1000 litres (220 gallons) in stainless steel tanks.
- Total capacity of 750 litres (160 gallons) in stainless steel tanks.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- Black water tanks forward and aft.
- Gas system replaced in 2006 with alarms.
- B & G Sailing instruments with 4 x 20/20 displays, 3 x FFD displays, 4 x analogue displays (2001).
- Thrane & Thrane Inmarsat Fleet 35 Mini M satellite communications with hand set integrated to PC for email (2006).
- Icome M802 SSB with DSC integrated to PC for weatherfax (2006).
- Icom 504 VHF with cockpit hand set (2006).
- Raytheon E80 cockpit mounted nav system and 4 Kw 24V radome scanner integrated with Raystar GPS (2006).
- Autohelm ST7000 autopilot (refurbished 2009; used as backup autopilot).
- Simrad Autopilot (2010).
- Icom MF1 x 2 handheld VHFs with mounted charging station.
- Alpex Inox 4-burner stove with oven.
- Refrigeration system; 130 litres AC/DC (2006).
- Freezer; 160 litres, top and front opening (1995 with new compressor 2006).
- 3 x Electric toilets (2009).
- 3 x Showers, with stall shower in owner’s cabin.
- Cockpit fresh water shower (2006).
Heating & Ventilation:
- Air conditioning in main saloon and owner’s cabin (2011); A/C in forward cabins and crew quarters (2006).
- 24v fans in each cabin.
- TV/DVD/IPOD dock/player with Yamaha Surround Sound (2009).
- Leather upholstery in main salon 2008
- New mattresses 2006
- Interior is a honey colored teak, with teak/holly floorboards
- Interior replaced in 1995 in Finland and features an attractive custom salon and the shower stall in owner's cabin
- Interior and floorboards completely revarnished from bare wood in 1995
- Headliner replaced in 1995
- New corian white countertops in galley 2009
- Ketch rig, 3 spreader main mast by Nautor which is 2 meters taller than the standard rig, with a 2 spreader mizzen (approx. 2001)
- Keel stepped spars.
- Standing rigging in Navtec rod (2001).
- Running rigging replaced in 2006.
- Nautor main boom and mizzen boom (2001)
- Furlex hydraulic furling forestay, refurbished 2006, which may be removed for racing.
- Furlex hudraulic furling to inner forestay, refurbished 2006 (not currently on the boat but available).
- Six lazy jacks
- Navtec hydraulic backstay rams (2001)
- Navtec hydraulic main boom vang (2001; reconditioned 2006)
- Navtec hydraulic pumps (2001; refurbished 2006)
- Carbon fiber spinnaker pole with Sparcraft end fittings (2001)
- Main mast fitted with Antal tracks and cars in 2001.
- Geno tracks and adjustable cars (2001).
- 2 x Lewmar 77 CEST primaries, electric (2006).
- 2 x Harken 66.3 secondaries, electric (2000).
- 2 x Harken 53 mainsheet manual winches (2000).
- 2 x Harken 46 main traveller/mizzen/halyard manual winches (2000).
- 2 x Harken 46 runner/genoa car manual winches (2000).
- 4 x Harken 53 halyard winches manual (2000).
- 2 x Harken 980 primaries cross linked to pedestals (which are removed and stored), manual (2000).
- Racing Sails: Not used by this owner, only used in the Jubilee Regatta in 2001, available but condition not known:
- Pre 2001 Sails:
- Storm try sail (unused; 1999)
- Doyle cruising Main with 3 reefs (2006).
- North 130% genoa (2012).
- Sanders furlign staysail, 2006 and storm stay sail.
- North mizzen sail (2008).
- North Sails UK 3DL main (2001).
- North Sails UK 3DL light No. 1 genoa 150% (2001).
- North Sails UK Kevlar #3 jib (2001).
- North Sails UK Kevlar #4 jib (2001).
- North Sails UK 0.5oz light spinnaker (2001).
- North Sails UK 1.5 oz med spinnaker (2001).
- North Sails UK 2.5 oz heavy spinnaker (2001).
- North Sails UK asy spinnaker (2001).
- Doyle .75 cruising spin (1996).
- Mizzen staysail.
- Sobstad storm jib (unused; 1999)
- Teak genoa track fairings (2001).
- Lewmar hatches (replaced 2006).
- Foredeck hatch (refurbished 2006).
- Lexan on ports (replaced 2006).
- Deck wash; salt and fresh water (2006).
- Teak cockpit table.
- Passerelle and boarding ladder.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- 105lb CQR anchor (2006).
- 35lb Fortress anchor.
- 300’ of chain (2010).
- Lofrans Falcon 1500 electric anchor windlass; recessed with remote (1995).
- Dock lines.
- Extra large fenders (2010).
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Custom made awning in beige; 2 x sections.
- Cockpit and bridge deck cushions.
- Custom wind scoop.
Tender & Outboard:
- AB 13’ hard bottom dinghy (2005).
- Yamaha 25hp 2-stroke outboard (2010).
- Winslow 8-man liferaft (2006.
- Automatic fire suppression systems for engine room (2006).
- 6 x Lifejackets.
- MOB recovery module, Jonbuoy (serviced 2004).
- Various flares, heaving lines, harnesses.
- Fire extinguishers throughout yacht.
Note: Various spares available onboard.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Offered on a 50/50 basis with co brokers unless agreed otherwise in advance.
Other Boats from Berthon
West Palm Beach, FL, United States
Newport, RI, United States
Portsmouth, RI, United States
Club Swan 42
Newport, RI, United States
Westbrook, CT, United States
En-route Palma de Mallorca, Spain