- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Connelly, NY
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 23,900
This 32 Downeast D32 1977 is for sale and located in Connelly, NY. Gracie Emmett is a classic sailing yacht that illustrates the quality of performance and accommodation of the yachts of this vintage.
Seller says bring offers!
End of 2015 season inspection by owner revealed minor fuel tank corrosion which is typical on these Downeasters. It is not an immediate safety concern but the seller has decided not to tackle the project and has reduced the asking price $6K as tank replacement estimates are between $4-6K. The headliner has been removed as it was time to replace. The seller is about to install wood veneer instead of cloth as it is easier to remove to address top deck if necessary. All filters replaced and oil sample came back 100%. She was just hauled for winter storage but can be inspected.
She will sleep six owners and guests and you will enjoy your time on board both in her soft sailing ride and at your favorite anchorage. She is a well maintained cutter-rigged, full-keel, heavy displacement tiller steering yacht. Comfortable and roomy, heavily constructed cruiser, capable of coastal and offshore cruising. Ideal for those seeking simplicity and safety. This boat has been in the northeast its entire life, spending at least half the time under winter cover. It has not been hard cruised (but is cruise-ready), and only used for family sailing during long weekends and the occasional extended holidays. Shas many professionally designed custom features with extensive upgrades (standing and running rigging, sails, diesel engine, ground tackle/anchor platform/bowsprit, plumbing and electrical, hatches/ports, etc.) Combined with tiller steering, cutter rig, heavy displacement, high bulwark, strong sail inventory (10 oz. Dacron, extra reinforced triple stitched, oversized bronze hanks, multiple reef points, Dutchman flaking) she is uncomplicated and extremely seaworthy capable of offshore and coastal cruising. Below deck she is comfortable and roomy, with 6’6” headroom, an uncluttered traditional layout, beautiful teak interior, ideal for those seeking simplicity and safety.
Gracie Emmett is equipped with an 1992 upgraded Westerbeke 38B four cylinder 37 hp (max 3600 rpm ) diesel engine, which provides over 50% more power than the factory installed 24 hp diesel engine typically found in DE32s. This increased power allows the boat to motor effortlessly at 7 knots, at mid throttle, for extended periods without over working the engine; however, the essential advantage of this extra engine capacity becomes very evident in difficult conditions when you need to rely on extra horsepower. There are less than 1,400 (original) engine hours on the engine and the conventional rule of thumb is that marine diesels are due for rebuild after 5,000 hours of use, so there is plenty of useful life left, without major engine expenses.
Her owner is moving on towards his next great yacht. He will consider any serious offer. She can be seen by appointment only by contacting your listing broker today. If you are in the market for a great sailing yacht in this size range you should be sure to make an appointment to come on board.
"Representing fine quality boats and yachts in all sizes both power and sail. Full Yacht Sales and Yacht Brokerage Services including finance, insurance, extended warranty and documentation nationwide. Looking for the perfect boat? I can help. Contact me seven days a week for a showing by appointment. Captain John Hotte 860-460-1311"
To Our Boating Friends
*Thank You for stopping by and visiting with RCYS. We appreciate every persons visit over the last 40 years and enjoy making new boating friends each year. We are open and available seven days a week. Showings by appointment. Financing available to qualified buyers. Other services include survey, insurance, documentation, closings and service. Or if you just want to talk boating feel free to call. Be sure to subscribe to our Newsletter and Join us on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and Linkedin . Call 203-542 0827 or email Info@RCYachtSales.com.
* RCYS is a Veterans owned and operated organization.
* Contact RCYS about a career in yacht sales.
* Florida State Licensed
* Established 1975
Please contact John Hotte at 860-460-1311
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Bob Poole
Flag of Registry: United States
LOA: 32 ft 0 in
Beam: 11 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 9 in
Ballast: 17000 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 46 ft 0 in
Headroom: 6 ft 6 in
Total Power: 37 HP
Engine Brand: Westerbeke
Engine Model: 38 B Four
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 1400
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 37 HP
Cruising Speed: 7 knots
Maximum Speed: 9 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: (100 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (70 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (10 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 5
Number of cabins: 1
Number of heads: 1
Electric bilge pump
Shore power inlet
Electrical Circuit: 110V
LOA: 35’ LOD: 32′ LWL: 25’10″ Beam: 11′
Displacement: 17,000 Draft: 4’9″ Ballast: 5,500 lead
Sail Area: 593 sq. ft.
Mast: 46’ vertical clearance.
Cabin Headroom: 6’6″
Fore to aft:
- Private forward cabin with large double berth, drawers and hanging locker.
- Head next aft with USCG approved Sun-Mar (new ’04) composting toilet with small effluent overflow container that is taken ashore to empty. (The marine head, holding tank and sink have been removed but (3) seacocks remain as does the vanity for the sink and the deck plate pumpout. There is also teak floor grating and sump tray to accommodate an interior shower.)
- The main cabin has two settee berths, pilot berth and quarter berth with total sleeping accommodations for six. Large dining table folds to bulkhead when not in use. Navigation station with chart table, chart storage, equipment storage and electronics console.
- Solid teak doors, drawers, pin rails and sea rail .
- (2) Gimballed oil lamps ‘05,
- 6’6″ headroom,
- teak cabin bulkheads throughout,
- large cabin dead lights replaced ’02.
- cabin sole replaced ’02.
- All hatches have custom, easy stow, screens,
- Nicro Solar vents (2) ‘04
- Enitre interior head liner replaced with “Spectropile” a highly marine tolerant fabric made from 100% post recycled material ‘05.
The galley is wrap-around with:
- two iceboxes, one large and one small, insulatedwith 4″ of poured-in-place polyurethane foam. Optionally, the larger icebox could be used as a wet locker.
- Counter and s/s sink w/foot pump Manual (cold) water system,
- Hillerange 3 burner LPG stove w/oven,
- (2) LPG tanks ’05, separate, in vented cockpit locker.
- Primary anchor CQR 35 lbs w/30′ of 5/16 HT chain, 300′ 5/8″ 3 strand nylon with swivel all new ’04.
- Secondary anchor Bruce 32 lbs w/30′ of 5/16″ HT chain and 300′ 5/8″ 3 strand nylon with swivel all new ’04.
- Danforth stern anchor 30′ chain and 300′ of 5/8″ braided nylon with locking line chock.
- Bow and stern pulpits;
- lifelines and 24″ high net ’05;
- jack lines webbing full boat length with backplated cockpit padeyes ’05;
- (2) safety harnesses and tether;
- (3) flare kits;
- manual fog horn; air horn;
- radar reflector;
- scupper and bilge hoses replaced ’2010;
- Simpson Lawrence Model Seatiger 555 Anchor windlass, manual;
- Bow sprit w/ 2 anchor rollers new ’05;
- (5) Fenders w/ covers and (3) anchor bouys;
- (2) Life rings commercial grade ’05;
- Bimini top (removable);
- (8) Dock lines ’05;
- Custom cockpit cushions (3) are like new and cover the entire cockpit area ; also, (2) adjustable back deck cushions ’05.
- Solar shower;
- Fins, mask, snorkel (you would regret not having these aboard in certain situations);
- Hinged deck pipes;
- Teak swim ladder;
- Dodger; (4) Life jackets;
- Life sling;
- (7) Brownell boat stands ’06;
- (2) Mooring pennants (York) w/shackles ’06;
- Mast pick-up buoy.
- Three hatches, teak companion way hatch replaced ’07
- 3,200 GMH capacity Rule internal automatic bilge pumps ’2010
- Wooden plugs (assorted) at all seacocks 2010
- Autohelm 2000 Auto Pilot;
- Depth Sounder Corinthian II S400DL;
- Ritchie Navigator Compass, bulkhead mount;
- Weems & Plath Chartkit Plotter ’06;
- West Marine VHF 200 Handheld ’06;
- Speed/Log Corinthian II S100KL II;
- Wind speed/dir Corinthian LX360 II (masthead instrument replaced ’06);
- VHF Radio 25 watt;
- Handheld compass ’06.
- Much of the DC electrical wiring was replaced in ’04.
- Blue Sea 10 Circuit breaker panel installed ’04.
- (2) Nicro solar/battery vents in head ’04;
- solar panel (64watt/16.5 volt, amorphous) and (2) Phocos 10 amp charge controllers for (2) separate battery banks all new ’04;
- 12 volt DC electrical system with 400 watt Seavolt DC/AC inverter;
- (4) Group 27, deep cycle marine batteries- May 2010;
- AC shore cord with outlet adapters ’04 (there are six AC outlets below deck);
- Battery parallel switch ’04;
- LED (red/white)dome lights in galley and nav station ’04;
- DC outlets installed above and below deck ’04;
- Backup LED Anchor light ’04;
- LED fore deck & steaming mast lights ’07;
- LED masthead anchor light ’07.
- AC/DC handheld searchlights.
- Manuals, maintenance records and boat plans are included.
- Misc engine parts, electrical,
- extra prop and (2) emergency tillers,
- rigging hardware and extensive inventory of boat supplies and tools.
- Automatic bilgepumps (2) 3,200 gph capacity Rule 2010;
- Manual bilge pumps (3) ’06;
- Bilge blower
- (4) Fire extinguishers ‘05.
- Fuel gauge w/sender; Bilge and C02 alarms ‘06;
- Tiller steering (laminated mahogany) new ’05;
- (2) laminated wood emergency tillers; Fuel filter Raycor fuel separator ’04.
- AC & DC electric pumps for transfer of water to tanks and in-line water filter, galley sink ‘06.
- Oversized (37 HP) diesel engine maintains hull speed (7 knots) at mid-throttle (< 1,400 original hours).
- Speedy access panel for water pump impeller ’05.
- Cockpit access hatch for battery tray’05.
SAILS AND RIGGING:
- Cutter rigged with clipper bow and self-tending staysail.
- Mainsail has (2) reef points, is fully battened, and has a Dutchman furling system.
- All headsails are heavily reinforced, hanked on.
- Cruising sails are triple stitched with reef points.
- All sails have covers and bags,
- Staysail and jib covers were new in ’05.
- Sail Area 593 square ft: Mainsail (1997) North,
- Jib (2004) Somerset,
- Yankee (2004) Somerset (only fitted, never used),
- Staysail (2004) Somerset,
- Spinnaker/Drifter (2001) North,
- Riding/Anchor (2004) Somerset.
- All with reef points, triple stitched, 10 oz Dacron.
- Ash shroud rollers (2006);
- (2) Barient #22 Primary winches;
- (2) Harken 32.2 Self-Tailing main sheet winches (2007);
- (3) Lewmar #8 Halyard Winches;
- (7) winch handles- (3 floating).
- Winch covers.
- Standing rigging, new ’02;
- Bow sprit and anchor platform replaced with customize design ’05 ;
- custom inner stay connection and reinforced backstay chainplate ’05.
- Running rigging, ’04-’06:
- Mainsheet blocks ’05,
- Staysail blocks ’04,
- Boom vang/preventer ’05,
- Jib deck track remounted/bedded with new fasteners and backplating ’05.
- Whisker pole,
- Deck stepped mast reinforced 2005. Mast has two sail tracks, one dedicated for main the other for a storm trysail. The base of the mast has a reinforced band added for additional reinforcing ’05.
- The back chain plate has been replaced with a custom plate that is thicker and wider than original spec and is threaded ’05
- Stay sail connection is custom (see photo) ’05.
- Much of the rigging hardware has been upgraded and replaced, and inspected and serviced by one of the northeast’s best professional rigger.
- Side deck fiberglass reinforced ’2010
- Interior curtains ’2010
- Cabin deadlights reglazed/caulked ’2010
- Deck brightwork restored with marine varnish or “Teaqua” oil
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Robert Christopher Yacht Sales
Portchester, NY, United States
Copiague, NY, United States
Lindenhurst, NY, United States
3200 Center Console
Oyster Bay, NY, United States
330 Express WA
Brooklyn, NY, United States
305 Express Fisherman
OAKDALE, NY, United States