1976 Westerly Tiger
- View Full Specifications
Price just reduced
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Tarbert, Argyll & Bute, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 5,000 (US$ 6,962)
The predecessor to the Westerly Pembroke class the Westerly Tiger is a relatively little known design having been eclipsed by the popularity of the bilged keeled Westerly Centaur which was in production at the same time. However for those in the know the Westerly Tiger is a very desireable pocket cruiser offering all the same qualities on which the Westerly brand was established; soild construction, high quality internal finish and sea kindly manors under sail.
HEARTY is a very nicely presented, unmolested example of this robust little 25' cruiser. Still sporting her original gelcoat finish on both hull and coachroof with recent upholstery below decks she has obviously been very well cared for throughout her life. With four good sized berth, separate heads compartment and open plan saloon complete with table she is an ideal first family boat. Offered for with an inventory including all the basics she is ready to sail away, you will struggle to find anything in better condition at just £5000
Viewing by appointment only.
Please contact Mark Cameron at 01852 500247
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Westerly Yachts
Designer: John Butler
LOA: 7.65 m
Beam: 2.71 m
LWL: 6.43 m
Maximum Draft: 1.31 m
Displacement: 2385 kgs
Total Power: 24 HP
Engine Brand: Volvo Penta
Year Built: 1976
Engine Model: MD2 B
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Engine Power: 24 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 Stainless steel (35 Liters)
Fuel Tanks: 1 (35 Liters)
Westerly Yachts had a reputation for high build quality and this tough little cruiser is built to the same standards in the traditional GRP style. Hull of a single piece heavy weight GRP moulding, finished externally with a dark blue gelcoat. The deck is of the same style of construction finished externally in a white gelcoat with the side decks and coachroof top being painted in non-slip light grey deck paint panels.
Spars, Rigging and Sails
- Proctor Spars masthead, deck stepped sloop rig.
- On-boom roller reefing mainsail.
- Plastimo roller reefing system for genoa.
- Recent running rigging
- Primary Winches - 2 off
- Halyard Winches - 2 off on mast
- Mainsail - On-boom roller reefing type.
- Genoa - Roller reefing, Saturn Sails.
- Mainsail Cover - Saturn Sails, professionally serviced
- Sprayhood - Saturn Sails, professionally serviced
Ground Tackle and Mooring
- Main Anchor - 20lb CQR
- Mooring Warps - Selection
- Fenders - Selection
- Depth - NASA Clipper
- Log - NASA Clipper - reading intermitant
- Wind - NASA Clipper
- VHF - Cobra DSCVHF (2015)
- Autopilot - Raymarine ST1000 tiller pilot, with remote control.
- Plotter - Standard Horizon CP300
- Freshwater System - 35ltr stainless steel water tank. Manually pumped cold water only system with faucet in galley.
- Cooker - Origo 2 burner spirit stove. (2015 - hardly used)
- Heads - Jabsco manual marine toilet
2 single berths in V-formation with infill to create double
Lockers beneath bunks
Jabsco manual marine toilet to starboard, like new.
Compartment freshly painted out white, easy to clean.
Galley area forward on port side. Constructed from a moulded unit with cooker, and small sink.
Long bench settee to starboard with centrally mounted table. Settee serves as single bunk. Table drops to create double berth when required.
Saloon table doubles as chart table.
Short settee to port at forward end of large quarter berth
Second quarter berth to starboard
Stroage provided in under bunk lockers and outboard behind seat backs
- Manual Bilge Pump
- Horseshoe Life Buoy
- Boarding Ladder
- Volvo Penta MD2 B
- Conventional shaft drive type sterngear
- 3 Blade, bronze fixed prop
- 35ltr Stainless steel fuel tank
- Engine Bank - 1 off 120Ah lead acid type
- Domestic Bank - 1 off 120Ah lead acid type
- Self draining cockpit aft with seating on port and starboard sides. Seating and sole finished with hardwood slats.
- Tiller steering, single lever morse controls for engine.
- Sprayhood protecting companionway.
- Double tier guardwires running full length of boat.
- Grab rails on coachroof.
In this case we are acting as brokers only. The Owner is not selling in the course of a business. whilst every care has been taken in their preparation , the correctness of these particulars is not guaranteed. The Purchaser is strongly advised to check the particulars and where appropriate at their expense to employ a qualified Marine Surveyor to carry out a survey and/or to have an engine trial conducted which if conducted by us shall not imply any liability for such engine on our part.
This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.