- View Full Specifications
Price just reduced
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- La Paz, BCS, Mexico
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 24,000
This 32 Rival MKIII is a true cruising veteran. SAGA has crossed both the Atlantic and Pacific Ocean from the Med to New Zealand. She has an incredible amount of custom storage. She’s fast, strong, safe and comfortable and best of all she’s lying at the Gateway to the Sea of Cortez…waiting for her next adventure!
Tom and Cindy are the team who lead and make you comfortable with the process of buying or selling in Mexico. They are respected and loved members of the cruising community in La Paz. Their honesty and integrity are much appreciated by buyers and sellers.
La Paz Yachts
Division of Mazatlan Marine Center
Tom & Cindy
Marina de la Paz
La Paz, BCS, Mexico 23000
Other Local (612) 123-1948
EMAIL US firstname.lastname@example.org
Financial and titling transactions are conducted in the US or Canada by licensed agents. An offshore purchase means great savings and the process is more hassle-free than you may think!
Call for details.
Please contact Tom Murray at 011 52 (612) 123-1948
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Marine Construction Ltd.
Designer: Peter Brett
LOA: 32 ft 0 in
Beam: 9 ft 8 in
LWL: 26 ft 0 in
Minimum Draft: 4 ft 8 in
Displacement: 12000 lbs
Ballast: 4400 lbs
Headroom: 6 ft 0 in
Total Power: 29 HP
Engine Brand: Volvo
Engine Model: 2030
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 1900
Propeller: 2 blade propeller
Engine Power: 29 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 2 (50 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 2 Stainless steel (35 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 (5 Gallons)
Water tight deck locker for anchor and chain + line. Large double fwd with lots of storage; head and storage; 2 settees in main cabin; galley to port, large chart table to stbd (chart table folds down to access storage and engine compartment.
- REFRIGERATION: Norcold
- WATER SYSTEM: Manual. Fresh and salt water foot pumps
- STOVE: Force 10, 2-burner propane with oven
- SINK: Single SS
Navigation and electronics
- SSB TUNER: Sitex, SSB receiver only
- RADAR: Furuno 1623, 16-mile range
- VHF: Icom M58
- GPS: Micrologic ML250
- STEREO: Kenwood with Bose speakers
- DEPTH SOUNDER: 2
- AUTOPILOT: Simrad TP30, Tiller
- PLOTTER: KNOT/METER LOG: Stowe
- COMPASS: 2
- OTHERS: Aries windvane with special hinged rudder and $1,000 of spares (including extra rudder, shaft, gears, etc)
- BATTERIES: One 4D gel (3 y.o.), one engine and one house, with 180 total amp-hours
- INVERTOR: Yes, small
- INTERIOR LIGHTING: LED, Alpenglow
- ALTERNATOR: 60 amp; regulated at 14.1 V for gel batteries
- AC VOLTAGES: 110V at
- DC VOLTAGES: 12V
- BATTERY CHARGER: 10 amp
- SOLAR PANELS: Two with regulator, 3.5 amp and 5.5 amp
- OTHER: 2 Hella fans
- CRUISING SPEED: 5.5 knots AT 2400 rpm; top speed is 6.5+
- BILGE PUMP: One auto, one manual
- RAW WATER SEA STRAINER: One auto, one manual
- FIRE EXTINGUISHING: Halon (out of date)
- FUEL FILTERS: Racor
- FUEL SHUT OFF: Stove an engine
- LUBE OIL SYSTEM: Yes
- FRESH WATER COOLING SYSTEM: Yes
- HEAD TYPE: Overboard
- HOLDING TANK: Manual, 5 gal, fits PHII head
- EXTRA PROPELLER: 3-blade
- FULL SHAFT: SS 1 inch
- STEERING: Tiller
- OTHER: Engine alarm and emergency engine stop
Deck and hull
- ANCHOR: Delta 35 lbs. with 60' chain and 120' 5/8" Marlow braid rope
- ANCHOR 2: Fortress 7 lbs. and 350' 9/16" 3-strand, New England Ropes (premium, new) feet rope
- WINDLASS: Manual SL555
- DINGHY: Avon 8' 1/2" with a Susuki 2.5 HP (faily new)
- BOW ROLLERS: Large
- NAV LIGHTS: Tri-color
- DECK LIGHTS: Yes
- LIFELINES: Yes, and jack lines
- RAILS: Aluminum cap rails
- COVERS: Dodger, slip covers for cushions and backrests
- DECK MATERIAL : FG
- BOW PULPIT: Yes
- OTHER : 2 Aluminum deck hatches, 2 Dorade vents and vent for head
Boat is insulated FG in deck and foam on hull, plus 2 layers of grey carpet in all lockers on hull. No mildew nor dampness ever from Seattle to Mexico (also makes boat quiet!)
- TYPES OF SAILS: Main, Jib, #1 Genoa, #4 Jib, #5 Storm Jib. North, cruise equipped
- SAIL AREA: WK Jib and main is 420 sq.ft. 150% and main is 520 sq.ft.
- BACKSTAY ADJUSTER: Wichard
- WINCHES: Lewmar ST main; Anderson 40 ST primaries; 5 other
- PREVENTER / BOOM BREAK: Yes
- BOOM VANG: Solid vang
- MAST: Aluminum
- STANDING RIGGGING: SS
- SPIN POLE: On mast
Back in the 1970's the majority of keels were simply rounded off at the leading edge. Most did not know that 90 percent of the "lift" of a keel occurs in the first 6" of the leading edge.
When sailing behind a modern fin keel boat, SAGA would often point as high but would always slide off leeward. The keel also seemed to plow through the water due to it's shape.
At the boatyard the leading edge of the keel was tapered to 1", using waterproof foam and fiberglass. The integrity of the original keel was maintained.
What a difference the new keel has had on the performance of SAGA. Specialists at the boatyard said she would gain 20 to 30 degrees made good to weather because the original keel shape had no lift, and they were right.
The boat also now accelerates right through the 6 knot barrier, whcih came from teh drag of the old keel shape. Sailing down the west coast of the US we had an easy 150 mile a day in 20 knots of wind without a spinnaker.
At the same time the rudder was checked and refoamed and is in perfect condition.
All this makes SAGA the best performing Rival 32 you can buy.
- Owner's personal items
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Mazatlan Marine Center SA de CV
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico
Brewer Pilothouse Cutter
San Carlos, Mexico
La Paz, BCS, Mexico
La Paz, BCS, Mexico
La Paz, BCS, Mexico