- View Full Specifications
Priced to sell!
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- La Paz, BCS, Mexico
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 27,500
Peter Brett, designed “Rondinella” a heavily built wood boat which was the only class III boat to finish a race in the English Channel in 1956 in winds of force 7 to 11 with 80 knot gusts. A decade or so later Peter Brett would design most of the Rival line of sailboats in fiberglass to Lloyds standards. Each boat was inspected on an individual basis during construction and given a Lloyds certificate, guaranteeing the owner that the boats was built to the highest standards.
Because of the reputation of the Rivals, Nick Franklin used the Rival 32 on the cover of his brochure for the Aries Wind Vane, which Nick designed and built.
Saga has crossed the Atlantic and Pacific oceans all the way to New Zealand and never gave the previous owners a moment’s concern for their safety. They left Mexico at the same time as a 43 footer and a Valiant 40. In mostly light airs, Saga arrived in the Marquesas 12 days ahead of the 43 footer and 6 days ahead of the Valiant 40.
Tom and Cindy are the team who lead and make you comfortable with the process of buying or selling in Mexico. They are respected and loved members of the cruising community in La Paz. Their honesty and integrity are much appreciated by buyers and sellers.
La Paz Yachts
Division of Mazatlan Marine Center
Tom & Cindy
Marina de la Paz
La Paz, BCS, Mexico 23000
Other Local (612) 123-1948
EMAIL US firstname.lastname@example.org
Financial and titling transactions are conducted in the US or Canada by licensed agents. An offshore purchase means great savings and the process is more hassle-free than you may think!
Call for details.
Please contact Tom Murray at 011 52 (612) 123-1948
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Marine Construction Ltd.
Designer: Peter Brett
LOA: 32 ft 0 in
Beam: 9 ft 8 in
LWL: 26 ft 0 in
Minimum Draft: 4 ft 8 in
Displacement: 12000 lbs
Ballast: 4400 lbs
Headroom: 6 ft 0 in
Total Power: 29 HP
Engine Brand: Volvo
Engine Model: 2030
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 1900
Propeller: 2 blade propeller
Engine Power: 29 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 2 (50 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 2 Stainless steel (35 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 (5 Gallons)
In a cruisers race of 1500 miles in the South Pacific, Saga finished 3rd overall, despite being the smallest of 15 boats. Peter Brett, sure knew how to design fast safe and comfortable cruising boats.
The current owner who worked in a boat yard, improved the leading edge of the keel which gave Saga 30 degrees more lift to weather. He inspected and refoamed the rudder, added North Sails, Foruno Radar, Force 10 Stove and Oven, Dickenson propane heater, new 5 inch thick cushions, still like new and an excellent 3 cylinder Volvo MD 2030 29 HP Diesel engine. With new injectors, rocker arms and seals in the water pump, the engines runs like new and does not smoke.
The current owner sailed from Seattle to Mexico, incurring 40 plus knots of wind with 20 to 24 foot combined seas. Towing a small drogue, Saga sailed down the coast in perfect control, covering 135 miles per day for those two days and nights. In lighter winds, Saga covered 150 miles in a day without a Spinnaker. The boat is also insulated, which makes it very comfortable and quiet inside the boat.
The current owner is only selling the boat, because after 40 years of owning boats, he is ready for other adventures. The owner would like to sell the boat to someone who wants to go cruising and knows the advantages of a 32 foot extremely well built ocean going boat. Saga, was designed by a professional, built by professionals, and inspected by Lloyds of London, back in the 70’s when standards were very high for ocean going fiberglass boats. Saga will carry you safely anywhere you would like to go for many more decades.
With over $75,000.00 spent, the price has been reduced from $42,500.00 to $27,500, it is a steal!
Water tight deck locker for anchor and chain + line. Large double fwd with lots of storage; head and storage; 2 settees in main cabin; galley to port, large chart table to stbd (chart table folds down to access storage and engine compartment.
- REFRIGERATION: Norcold
- WATER SYSTEM: Manual. Fresh and salt water foot pumps
- STOVE: Force 10, 2-burner propane with oven
- SINK: Single SS
Navigation and electronics
- SSB TUNER: Sitex, SSB receiver only
- RADAR: Furuno 1623, 16-mile range
- VHF: Icom M58
- STEREO: Kenwood with Bose speakers
- DEPTH SOUNDER: 2
- AUTOPILOT: Simrad TP30, Tiller
- PLOTTER: KNOT/METER LOG: Stowe
- COMPASS: 2
- BATTERIES: One 4D gel (3 y.o.), one engine and one house, with 180 total amp-hours
- INVERTOR: Yes, small
- INTERIOR LIGHTING: LED, Alpenglow
- ALTERNATOR: 60 amp; regulated at 14.1 V for gel batteries
- AC VOLTAGES: 110V at
- DC VOLTAGES: 12V
- BATTERY CHARGER: 10 amp
- SOLAR PANELS: Two with regulator, 3.5 amp and 5.5 amp
- OTHER: 2 Hella fans
- CRUISING SPEED: 5.5 knots AT 2400 rpm; top speed is 6.5+
- BILGE PUMP: One auto, one manual
- RAW WATER SEA STRAINER: One auto, one manual
- FIRE EXTINGUISHING: Halon (out of date)
- FUEL FILTERS: Racor
- FUEL SHUT OFF: Stove an engine
- LUBE OIL SYSTEM: Yes
- FRESH WATER COOLING SYSTEM: Yes
- HEAD TYPE: Overboard
- HOLDING TANK: Manual, 5 gal, fits PHII head
- EXTRA PROPELLER: 3-blade
- FULL SHAFT: SS 1 inch
- STEERING: Tiller
- OTHER: Engine alarm and emergency engine stop
Deck and hull
- ANCHOR: Delta 35 lbs. with 75' new Arco 5/16" chain and 200' brand new 1/2" Sampson Superstrong braided with coating line
- ANCHOR 2: Fortress 7 lbs. and 110' 5/8" braided Marlow line
- WINDLASS: Manual SL555
- DINGHY: Avon 8' 1/2" with a Susuki 2.5 HP (faily new)
- BOW ROLLERS: Large
- NAV LIGHTS: Tri-color
- DECK LIGHTS: Yes
- LIFELINES: Yes, and jack lines
- RAILS: Aluminum cap rails
- COVERS: Dodger, slip covers for cushions and backrests
- DECK MATERIAL : FG
- BOW PULPIT: Yes
- OTHER : 2 Aluminum deck hatches, 2 Dorade vents and vent for head
Boat is insulated FG in deck and foam on hull, plus 2 layers of grey carpet in all lockers on hull. No mildew nor dampness ever from Seattle to Mexico (also makes boat quiet!)
- TYPES OF SAILS: Main, Jib, #1 Genoa, #4 Jib, #5 Storm Jib. North, cruise equipped
- SAIL AREA: WK Jib and main is 420 sq.ft. 150% and main is 520 sq.ft.
- BACKSTAY ADJUSTER: Wichard
- WINCHES: Lewmar ST main; Anderson 40 ST primaries; 5 other
- PREVENTER / BOOM BREAK: Yes
- BOOM VANG: Solid vang
- MAST: Aluminum
- STANDING RIGGGING: SS
- SPIN POLE: On mast
Saga is the best sailing Rival 32 you can buy do to her North Sails and contemporary keel shape.
Saga had a 150 mile day sailing down the west coast without a spinnaker in 20 knots of wind.
The rudder has been re-foamed and glassed and is in perfect condition.
Saga has three water tight lockers in the stern and three water tight compartments in the bow.
All this makes Saga the best performing and safest Rival 32 you can buy.
- Owner's personal items
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.