- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Algonac, MI
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 99,000
A long lost gem, ARISTEIA was in heated storage from 1995 until 2011, when purchased by this owner and full restoration undertaken. She was designed by S&S, built by Palmer Johnson's in Sturgeon Bay, WI. Originally named PIRANA, and launched in 1976. During the refit, some interior changes were made, such as the engine is now located under the cockpit and the head is now port side fwd of the mast. Built for light air, she is lying in heated storage at Sassy's Marina in Algonac, MI, ready to go ocean racing!
Offered to co-brokers on a commission split of 50/50.
Jennifer Stewart, mobile No. 1 401 855 8404
Please contact Jennifer Stewart at +1 (401) 855-8404
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Palmer Johnson
Designer: Sparkman & Stephens
LOA: 46 ft 0 in
Beam: 13 ft 3 in
LWL: 33 ft 9 in
Minimum Draft: 8 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 8 ft 0 in
Total Power: 55 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 2012
Engine Model: 4JH5E
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Engine Power: 55 HP
Number of single berths: 8
Number of cabins: 2
A long lost gem, ARISTEIA was in heated storage from 1995 until 2011, when purchased by this owner and full restoration undertaken. She was designed by S&S, built by Palmer Johnson's in Sturgeon Bay, WI. Originally named PIRANA, and launched in 1976. During the refit, some interior changes were made, such as the engine is now located under the cockpit and the head is now port side fwd of the mast. Built for open ocean sailing, she is lying in heated storage at Sassy's Marina in Algonac, MI, ready to go ocean racing!
Per the notation on the S&S website, ARISTEIA's construction method was somewhat unusual. The T-bar longitudinals were installed with their flanges against the shell plating. Palmer Johnson felt this would reduce deformation of the topsides during welding and also reduce denting during her sailing life. Just before the boat was placed in storage in 1996, the back third of the boat was cut away, then rebuilt to an updated design, slightly wider per early IMS, all work done at PJ. She remained in heated storage from 1996 - 2010.
Note: Price includes relaunching & mast stepping.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Bottom coated with barrier coat, believe to be epoxy coal tar to prevent galvanic action.
- Bottom paint is Interlux ACT 7740 , no adhesion issues.
- Royal Blue Awlgrip, 2012.
- Deck refinish Awlgrip Matterhorn White 2012 (trim) with Whisper Grey non skid.
- Hull insulation: Armaflex AP (non halogen, no chlorides, bromides or PVC; low VOC Elastomeric foam, self adhering sheets) in main & aft cabin.
- Toe rails removed for re-varnish (2015)
Keel & Rudder:
- Fin keel / elliptical spade rudder.
- Rudder bearing/steering mechanisms validation.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x Yanmar 4JH5E, 55HP diesel, 2012, with two alternators.
- New drive shaft 1-3/8”SAE, 2011.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Werner V-drive, rebuilt, 2012.
- Dripless packing
- VariProfile VP-76 3 blade feathering propeller, 2011.
- Yacht Specialities pedestal, 40” destroyer wheel
- Quadrant assembly (steering cable, sheaves, bearings, post & rudder) replaced in 1996 (disassembled 2/2015 for bearing inspection).
- Blue Seas DC Power Distribution Panel (360 Panel system), 2013.
- Blue Seas AC Power Distribution Panel, 2012.
- Battery charger, 110v 40amp
- Blue Seas VSM 422 System Monitor
- House - 2 Mastervolt AGM 12V 160 Ah, 2013.
- Engine - start battery 12V, 2013.
- Garmin GPSMAP 740S, at helm.
- Garmin HD Radome.
- Garmin GXM52 weather receiver.
- Garmin GPS map, nav station.
- Nexus Instruments, wind/depth/log.
- Robertson autopilot, control unit Model AP200 (linear hydraulic drive)
- Icom VHF
- Alpine Marine Audio.
- Rerouting cables for the Radome and XM antenna.
- 2 bilge tanks, 12.5 gallons each.
- 1 integral auxiliary tank, 20 gallons.
- Total, 45 gallons fuel.
- 2 bilge tanks, 15 gallons each (approx).
- Total, 30 gallons water.
Summary of Accommodation:
- Engine relocated under cockpit (was forward of mast).
- Head relocated to port side fwd (was in bow).
- Isotemp water heater - 2012
- All new hot/cold plumbing - 2012.
- Luke Heritage propane stove - 2012.
- LED interior lighting throughout - 2014.
- Complete rebuild, settee area main cabin/head, 2011.
- New headliner, 2014.
- 8 berths, two settee / two pipe –main/aft.
- Teak trim addition added to cabin/head.
- Small table installed in main saloon.
- Custom Carbon mast & spinnaker pole (painted in 2015), Offshore Spars 2011.
- Rebuilt Navtec hydraulic control/vang/backstay, 2011.
- All new standing rigging, discontinuous, 2011.
- Harken bat car system, 2011.
- All new running rigging, 2012-13.
- Harken roller furling.
- Lewmar Size 2 Genoa System - 2012
- Lewmar Size 2 Mainsail System - 2012.
- Halyards - Harken radial chrome 46STE electric (port), 46ST stbd, 2012.
- Primary - 2 Barient 36 Stainless.
- Main Sheet – 2 Barient 26ST
- 6 Harken winch handles, 2012.
- Doyle full batten main 2012.
- Yankee jib, Hood 130% roller furling 2012.
- AP#1, #3, Doyle 2013.
- Code -1, 160%, 1.5 oz. Hood 2012.
- . 75 oz. and 1.5 oz. sym spinnakers.
- Custom steel cradle 2011.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment: Information
- Danforth anchor with chain & tackle.
- Winslow 6 person superlight Standard Offshore with canister and cradle assembly, hydrostatic release, 2013.
- MOM, 2013.
- 8 USCG Cat 2 lifejackets, 2013.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Offered on a 50/50 to corresponding brokers.
Other Boats from Berthon
Swan 46 MK II
Kittery, ME, United States
Unknown, St. Maarten/St. Martin
Ghost - Tactical
Portsmouth, NH, United States
Portsmouth, RI, United States
Newport, RI, United States