- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Emeryville, CA
- Hull Material:
- Last Listed Price:
- US$ 89,000
This Whitby 42 is vintage Ted Brewer and was arguably his most commercially successful design. The strength of the Whitby 42 clearly lies in her accommodations. There are good-sized staterooms forward and aft, and both have large adjoining heads with showers. The "U" shaped galley is spacious and perfectly positioned to keep the cook out of the way of passengers and crew. In addition, there is a large saloon, comfortable navigation station and even a workbench along the passageway between the navigation station and after stateroom. The Whitby 42 is justifiably regarded as one of the most livable production boats to be found in this size range.
This boat is clean and shows well! Current owners have made many mechanical upgrades and improvements inside and out. Looking for an aft cabin sailboat that can take you to Mexico, Alaska or beyond? This fine yacht is ready to go cruising now!
Call to arrange a showing on our docks in Emery Cove Yacht Harbor.
Bill is a resident of South Beach in San Francisco. He has been racing sailboats competitively and cruising blue waters most of his life. He is an active member of the South Beach Yacht Club, where he is currently Staff Commodore, and also a member of the St. Francis Yacht Club. He is a licensed USCG Captain, US Sailing Club Race Officer and has a comprehensive working knowledge of both powerboats and sailboats.
Please contact Bill Adams at 415-484-1300
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Whitby Boatworks
Designer: Ted Brewer
LOA: 42 ft 0 in
Beam: 13 ft 0 in
LWL: 32 ft 7 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 0 in
Displacement: 32500 lbs Full Load
Ballast: 8000 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 52 ft 0 in
Total Power: 80 HP
Engine Brand: Ford Lehman
Year Built: 1975
Engine Model: 2712E
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 2800
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 80 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: Aluminum (200 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 2 Aluminum (150 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: Plastic (50 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 1
Number of double berths: 3
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 2
Electrical Circuit: 12V
One of the biggest strengths of the Whitby 42' lies in her accommodations. One word "ROOMY"!
The layout includes a V-berth guest quarters forward with a guest head just aft to port. Aft is the main salon with both a spacious dining area and settee opposite the dining area. There is a ample storage throughout the boat, which is needed for long trips.
The galley is on the port side with both refrigerator and freezer along with propane stove/oven and deep double sink. Opposite the galley is an ocean capable nav station with complete electronics.
An aisle way leads aft alongside the engine compartment with doors that expose very good access to the engine and other mechanicals. The doors can be removed to expose all working areas.
All the way aft is the owners stateroom with a large and comfortable berth stretching the entire width of the boat. There is a private head for the owners stateroom.
All cabin lights have been replaced with LED bulbs.
Most interior surfaces have been repainted including the bilges.
Much of the interior wood has been refinished.
Deck and Sails
- Bottom paint 10/2014, cleaned monthly, new zincs
- Maxwell Nilsson Windlass
- 65lb CQR Anchor w/300' chain
- 35lb Danforth Anchor w/ 300' rode
- Two Harken 2 speed 53 series self tailing winches
- One Barient Winch
- Newer bimini, station cover and winch covers
- Newer pressure wash down system
- Viking 6 person life raft (cert date 6/17)
- 8'6" West Marine inflatable NEW
- Honda Outboard 2.3 hp, air cooled
- New Hasse & Company Port Townsend Main Sail
- Harken #254 Lazy Jacks on main mast
- Magna Propane Barbeque NEW
- New deck and nonskid paint
- New Life lines
- Rigging inspection and replaced worn standing rigging
- Four house batteries: AGM 110 amp hours each
- New 130Amp engine alternator
- Xantrex Tru Charge 40 amp charger
- 7.5 KW Onan Generator with 1140 hours, New sea water pump and impeller
- Shore power monitor
- Two 60W solar panels (Solarex MSX60) and charge controller (Smart Solar Regulator by Ample Power Co.)
- Raymarine C Series 9" Chart Plotter
- Trimble NT100 GPS
- B&G Speed/Depth/Wind
- Raytheon R20 Radar
- Brooks & Gatehouse Sailing Monitor and Depth Sounder
- Ritchie Compass
- VHF Icom IC-480
- ICOM IC-M700 SSB Transceiver
- Furuno Weather Fax & Navtex unit
- Com Nav Autopilot, recent service and new pump
- Newer LCD TV 19"
Engine and Mechanical
- Ford Lehman 2712E, 4 cylinder, new heat exchangers, all new belts, oil and filter service
- 80 hp
- 2700 hours estimated, 100 hours on new meter after refurbishing.
- Onan Generator, 7.5 KW w/ 1136 hours, new sea water pump and impeller
- Watermaker: HRO Systems 9.6 gph, recent service
- Engines and systems recently gone through and serviced as needed.
- 12V and engine driven refrigeration, recent service
- Fuel tanks polished, fuel filtered and cleaned
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. Buyer should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht, and should instruct his agents, or his surveyors to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. This vessel is subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.