- View Full Specifications
Price just reduced
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Lagos, Portugal
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- EUR 197,000 Tax Paid (US$ 229,801)
The Swan 48 is an evergreen classic. Designed by S&S and built as Nautor can, she offers sparkling sailing together with build quality that is never to be repeated. Perfect for serious cruising, these yachts also shine in the Regatta circuit and are rare to the brokerage market. CLARION OF SKYE was launched in 1975, the final year of Swan 48 production as hull no.42 of 46. Well known to us at Grabau International, she was sailed on both sides of the Atlantic before being sold and here in Lymington in 2006.
CLARION OF SKYE is one of the very best Swan 48’s out there. Extensively refitted in recent years to include new rig, new engine, new deck gear, new electronics, new domestic equipment, new epoxy and sparkling new dark blue paint, very little has been left untouched. CLARION also benefits from being one of the few Swan 48’s not to be fitted with teak decks which massively improves her weight distribution and removes a potentially costly maintenance item going forward.
- RCD Status: Our understanding is that the yacht is exempt from the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) as she was built and placed into use within the EU prior to 1998.
- GRP laminate hull construction
- The hull is built of single skin construction using GRP/Kevlar reinforced polyester laminate. A high proportion of the fibres are unidirectional, giving a stiff laminate with excellent strength and fatigue properties.
- In 2006 the vessel had a full anti-osmosis treatment. The antifouling layers were completely removed and two layers of epoxy West System were coated.
- The hull was repainted with blue Awgrip in 2012
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- GRP deck and superstructure construnction
- The aluminium toerail was completely replaced in 2012 with a new teak one.
- The deck was repainted with Awlgrip and anti-skid in 2012.
- Coachroof repainted 2007.
Keel & Rudder:
- The fin keel with keel ballast is cast lead alloyed with antimony.
- Cast-in keel bolts are of high-tensile stainless steel.
- The rudder blade is GRP and supported by a full length protective skeg.
- Rudder remove and all bearings replaced - 2007
Engine & gearbox:
- Sole Mini 62 4-cylinder naturally aspirated diesel engine (Mitsubishi base) producing 59hp @ 3,000rpm - 2009
- Engine control via single lever control
- Freshwater cooling with heat exchanger and raw water intake and strainer.
- Mechanical reverse gearbox - 2009
Propulsion & Steering:
- Shaft drive with stainless steel shaft driving supported by p-bracket
- 3-bladed Brunton Autoprop
- Nautor helm pedestal with cable & mechanical steering controlled by covered large diameter stainless steel wheel
- Steering overhauled and bearing replaced - 2012
- 12v DC service battery circuit.
- DC & AC panel at navigation area with battery monitor system.
- 1x 12v 170Ah Bosch engine start battery - 2012
- 7x 130Ah AGM service batteries joined in series to supply 910Ah @ 12v - 2007
- Batteries located under main cabin table and vented to the mast area.
- Sterling battery charger with charger controller -2012
- Engine-mounted alternator
- Mastervolt 1kw inverter - 2008
- 220v AC shore-power supply
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
- Pressurised hot & cold water system using 12v DC pressure pump assisted by pressure accumulator (water pump was replaced in 2008).
- Water heated by 22 litre engine driven calorifier with 220v AC 700w immersion element.
- Thermostatic mixer taps supplying galley and both heads.
- Manual freshwater foot-pump supply at galley.
- 120lph watermaker - 2010
- 2x manual bilge-pumps
- 4x 12v DC Jabsco electric bilge-pumps
- Bilges cleaned and repainted 2012
- 270 litres in one 200 litre stainless steel tank and one 50 litre PVC tank
- 400 litres in stainless steel tanks
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
- Autohelm ST7000 autopilot with linear drive
- Autohelm autopilot remote control
- Koden radar – 2010
- LCD GPS chart plotter screen at chart table
- 3x B&G Hercules 2000 digital wind/speed/depth displays
- 4x B&G Hydra 330 analogue displays
- Danforth steering compass
- Icom IC-M6505 VHF with DCS - 2009.
- Icom Commandmic handset - 2009
- Iridium 9505 satellite phone with docking station - 2008
- Smev 4-burner stainless steel gimballed gas stove with oven and grill - 2010
- 12vDC fridge and freezer - 2010
- 2x Stainless steel sinks with hot & cold water supply.
- 2x manual marine heads
- Hot & cold pressurised showers
Heating & Ventilation:
- 12V Fans throughout
- Halogen interior lighting with extra reading lights over berths.
- LCD TV in saloon
- CD/radio with speakers in saloon
- CD/radio in aft cabin with speakers
Summary of Accommodation:
- 8 berths in 2 cabins plus saloon (v-berth, 1 twin and 4 singles).
- Burma teak interior joinery made up of faced marine plywood with solid teak where appropriate – revarnished 2008.
- Teak battening to exposed hull sides.
- Teak soleboards with holly inlay – revarnished 2011
- White vinyl headlinings with teak trim (Velcro affixed for easy access to deckhead).
- Aquafabric upholstery in saloon - 2008
Description of Accommodation from Forward:
- Twin bunk cabin with fold up berth and ample sail stowage beneath.
- Large cupboard to starboard opposite which is a heads compartment with shower.
- The saloon has pilot berths port and starboard with a U-shaped seating area to port with large table with extending leaf and a sofa to starboard.
- The galley is to port with additional food preparation area, twin sink and refrigerator.
- She has a large chart table to starboard.
- The aft cabin has a double to port and single berth to starboard and additional fridge as well as masses of storage.
- There is a second head and shower.
- Mast and boom replaced – 2007
- Keel stepped aluminium anodised mast
- Stainless steel standing rigging – 2007
- Navtec hydraulic backstay and vang – overhauled 2012
- Harken genoa furling system
- Spinnaker track on mast with carbon spinnaker pole – 2010
- Spectra & dyneema sheets and halyards – 2008
- Spinlock jammers
- Harken deck gear – 2008
- Lewmar & Harken genoa tracks and blocks – 2012
- Harken black aluminium racing 2-speed self-tailing winches from 2006 including:
- 2x primary winches
- 2x spinnaker/checkstay winches
- 2x companionway winches
- 1x mainsheet winch
- 2x deck-mounted halyard winches
- 3x mast halyard winches
- Dacron fully battened mainsail – 2016
- Dacron furling genoa – 2016
- Hood Sails gennaker – 2008
- 2x Symmetrical spinnakers - 2008
- Stainless steel pushpit, pulpit and guardrail stanchions.
- Radar antenna pole at stern
- Goiot and Bomar deckhead hatches and sideports
Anchoring & Mooring:
- Lofrans 12v 1500w electric anchor windlass.
- Delta anchor with chain
- Mooring warps and fenders
Tender & Outboard:
- Honwave 370 tender – 2014
- Mercury 15hp outboard – 2001
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
- Blue canvas mainsail cover
RORC safety equipment package
Lying – Lagos- Portugal
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Tel: +44 (0)1590 673715 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Alex Grabau at +44(0)1590 673715
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Nautors Swan
Designer: Sparkman & Stephens
Flag of Registry: United Kingdom
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 14.60 m
Beam: 4.15 m
LWL: 11.36 m
Minimum Draft: 2.40 m
Maximum Draft: 2.40 m
Displacement: 16300 kgs
Ballast: 6400 kgs
Total Power: 59 HP
Engine Brand: Sole
Year Built: 2009
Engine Model: Mini 62
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 59 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: Stainless steel (400 Liters)
Fuel Tanks: (270 Liters)
Number of single berths: 4
Number of twin berths: 2
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 2
Number of bathrooms: 2
Wind speed and direction
Fully battened mainsail
Manual bilge pump
Electric bilge pump
Fresh water maker
Shore power inlet
Electrical Circuit: 12V
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.