- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Maldon, Essex, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 9,793 Tax Paid (US$ 14,798)
Used yacht for sale. Vertue 25 for sale. Replacement Yanmar engine 1993(150 hours). Completed an external refit recently. New unused marine head. Retractable bowsprit. Super little ship with lots character.Mentioned in the Book of the Virtue. Viewing recommended.
Boat Sales, Servicing, Accessories, Repairs and Boat Management.” The one stop shop for ALL your boating needs.”
We are available 7 days a week with Sundays by prior appointment please. Contact Graham at our Essex office for viewing.
Precious Marine, Essex and Suffolk branches. 01473 780286
Graham, Johnny and Ian.
Please contact Graham Knight at 01473 780286
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 25 ft 4 in
Beam: 8 ft 0 in
Minimum Draft: 4 ft 5 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 6 in
Total Power: 10 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 1993
Engine Model: GM10
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 150
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 10 HP
Cruising Speed: 5 knots
Maximum Speed: 6 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: 1
Fuel Tanks: 1
Number of single berths: 4
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
Seating Capacity: 4
|Vessel condition:||external refit Aug 2015.|
|Vessel type:||Single carvel wooden displacement hull|
|Builder:||Vertue, 25ft Gaff Cutter rig, Laurent Giles|
|No. of engines:||1|
|Engine model:||Yanmar GM10, 1993|
|Cruising Speed:||5 Knots|
|Maximum Speed:||6 Knots|
|Length over all:||25' 4"|
|Maximum draft:||4' 5"|
|Bridge clearance:||30' 2"|
A single large cabin below with galley portside of engine box and companionway.
- galley sink and spirit double burner. Stbd is a chart table with batteries stowed beneath.
- Spirit heater in a protected area.
- Opposing settee berths, cupboards and shelving above and below. Doors to separate off the fore peak, used for comprehensive stowage, all the sails and dry goods, hanging locker.
- Centrally under a fore deck hatch is a new sea toilet(unused). There is also a pipecot under all the gear.
- Upholstery woolen fabric on the settee berths (a little tired), varnished wood trim, deck beams etc and white painted out.
- Headroom 5ft 9ins.
Rigging & Sails
- Headsail Reefing: Wykham Martin furling Mainsail Reefing Laced gaff with slab reefing.
- Rig Manufacturer: TS Rigging Ltd
- Rig Type: Gaff Cutter
Running Rigging Material: synthetic
Standing Rigging Material: stainless steel
Sail Wardrobe: All Keith Brown, N.S.W Australia.
Main sail. Tan 214 sq ft.
Stay sail. Valletted 2011 unused since .
jib (Yankee). 77 sqft.
Topsail. Tan 58 sqft.
Spinnaker. Nylon Blue. good.
All dacron, All good. Total area 405 sqft.
- All electrics professionally replaced.
- Instrumentation includes Echo Pilot forward-looking sonar.
- New solar panel and regulator (unfitted). 3x compasses,
- 1x electric and manual bilge pumps.
- Bronze Wykham-Martin No 2 furling gear and bronze navigation lights,(port, starboard and stern); in addition to usual topmast tricolour. Hasler windvane (dismantled).
Hull, Deck, Safety & Canvas
- Anchors: 1xCQR 35lb, 1xDanforth 27lb; Winch:
- Manual Gypsy with 150ft+ 5/16th chain.
- Also 4 new & unused mooring lines and 2x lifelines.
- New & unfitted rigid plastic 40 ltr fresh water container designed to fit under cockpit.
- Set of flags. Many other items for rigging and engine maintenance.
- Laurent Giles design, Vertue 7.7m Gaff rig, with a retractable bowsprit. Hull "V140" was built in Australia by C.Larrewyn in 1973, launched 1974. Commissioned and rigged as a gaffer. Present ownership for over 20 years. She was shipped over in 1997. Hull carvel planked full lengths of Philippines Mahogany, decks are laid beech, epoxy resin'd and painted, hard wood frames.
- All her interior has been well fitted out by a cabinet maker and is original layout. In recent years she has been re-rigged, new leathering, new blocks etc. Her sails are of Tan Dacron, all made in Australia by Keith Brown, she carries a Topsail too. Since being brought to the UK the sails have been professionally valeted and annually safely dry stored.
- There is a fully fitted spray screen with a zip up canopy, which fits over the whole cockpit. Tiller steered. Solar panel, wind vane steering gear, all new electrics. small paraffin cabin heater and two ring burner hob.
Precious Marine offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Some websites that link to us may not drag the full information across please feel free to click the link and ask for the full inventory.
Other Boats from Precious Marine
Bradwell Marina, Essex, United Kingdom
435 DS Ketch
Ipswich, Woolverstone Marina, Essex, United Kingdom
Bradwell Marina branch, Essex, United Kingdom
Harwich, Essex, United Kingdom
Bradwell Marina Office, Essex, United Kingdom