- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Southampton, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 40,000 Tax Paid (US$ 50,856)
Bowman 46 Yawl, 1973
Centre cockpit, Yanmar 55hp diesel new in 2006, 1650 hours. 7 berths in 2 cabins plus saloon, new teak decks in 2008. Designed as a true Blue water cruiser.
Please contact at +44 (0)23 8023 0100
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 14.0 m
Beam: 4.0 m
LWL: 9.75 m
Minimum Draft: 2.10 m
Maximum Draft: 2.13 m
Displacement: 10500 kgs
Bridge Clearance: 15.50 m
Total Power: 55 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar 4JH 4E
Year Built: 2006
Engine Model: 4JH 4E
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 1650
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 55 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (600 Liters)
Fuel Tanks: (300 Liters)
- Yanmar 4JH 4E naturally aspirated engine - 2006
- 55hp at 3,000 rpm
- 1,650 hours - Oct 2013
- Diesel tank is 300 litres
- The stern bronze tube replaced - 2012
- 2 bladed flex- o- matic prop
- Rope cutter.
- Anodes are all new in 2013
- 4 1/2 tons of lead in the keel
- 4 x 12v batteries 400ah (2008/10), and most of the wiring is new
- 80 amp alternator with a new starter
The shore power is for 110v and can easily be revised to carry 230v
There is a 230v 30amp charger,
1000w inverter for the frig and vacuum etc.
- Autopilot - Raymarine - below deck (2008) driving the Whitlock rod steering gear,
- Small tiller mate to drive the hydrovane.
- Depth - Raytheon series 60/62+
- Speed - Raytheon series 60/62+
- Wind - Raytheon series 60/62+
- Radar - Raytheon R10
- 2 VHF radios
- Expanded wind and fluxgate compass (separate from the autopilot).
- AIS and GPS will need a laptop since mine stays with me
- Radar reflector is on the mizzen mast.
Sails, Spars and Rigging
- Yawl Rig
- Spars are in good shape mast - 1985
- Procter boom
- Twin spinnaker poles.
- Standing rigging is good with fore and backstays new in 2012.
- There is an oversized profurl system - 2009
- Running rigging is mostly new.
- Winches are original Barlow and very large.
- Mainsail - Doyle 2009 - uses the original roller reefing system.
- Genoa 135% - 2011
- Mizzen - 2011
- Genoa 155% - older but serviceable
- Working jib - older but serviceable
- Storm jib - older but serviceable
- Mizzen staysail - older but serviceable
- Cruising spinnaker - older but servicable.
Interior & Domestic
- 7 berths in 2 cbains plus saloon
- 2 x heads - lavacs - 2008 a shower in the forward heads with pressure hot (engine only) and cold fresh water.
- Below she has just been refinished
- Sailing nav lights are leds as are most of the cabin lights
- The navigation table is full sized and faces forward
- The lining GRP is light cream.
- Upholstery in the saloon is waterproof pale cream
- The fore and aft cabins have cloth upholstery,
- Double V berth forward
- 1 1/2 and single berth aft.
- The varnished sole throughout is solid teak with double holly stripes also just refinished.
- The galley has a 2 burner stove with oven - 2010
- Ice box, refrigerator in the passageway - 2013
- Fresh water - 4 tanks about 600 litres
- Teak decks - 2008
- 45 lb CQR anchor
- 55 lb Delt anchor
- 35 lb CQR anchor
- 33 lb Cla anchor
- 100 lb Luke anchor in 3 pieces below the cabin sole.
- Lewmar H3 windlass
- Lots of BBB chain
- 600 ft of anchor warps plus mooring lines, big fenders and heavy fender boards.
- Pulpit was replaced in 2008.
Topsides are white with green stripes, allgripped in 2004.
Deck molding is pale green and faded.
Teak cockpit has been refinished and varnished.
The decks are half inch thick, two inches wide and in very long lengths.
I have let them weather naturally - No screws were used so there are no leaks.
- There are 4 calor gas bottles and 6 camping gas, with the lazarette sealed as a safe gas locker
- Epirb (battery expired),
- Flares (exp. 2015),
- Life sling,
- Man overboard pole
- Hand held VHF
3 electric bilge pumps and 2 manual.
- Sail covers
- Cockpit awning
- Inflatable dinghy
- 4hp 4 stroke outboard - 2012
The rudder was rebuilt in 2009, being the only significant recommendation in the 2007 survey.
1973 Tyler Hull #14 built by Bowman named Sea Brigand for a lord of the realm. Original Part 1 registration.
She is the Tyton core version, which incidentally has the same weight of glass and resin as the single, standard product.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
NOTE - Please ring our offices prior to visiting, as the boat may be unavailable for viewing or located at a different marina.
For a full, detailed specification and additional photographs visit our website at www.watersideboatsales.com
Other Boats from Waterside Boat Sales
62 - Ketch Rig Steel Yacht
Lymington, United Kingdom
Cowes, United Kingdom
Hayling Island, United Kingdom
62 - Centreboard Ketch
Newcastle, Tyne & Wear, United Kingdom
Southampton, Hampshire, United Kingdom