- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Located In:
- Annapolis, MD
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 22,000
Ready to own a spectacular custom rebuilt like-new Vega? Want to leave the dock this fall with all like-new custom gear and comforts? This 27′ Albin Vega “Velocir” was completely rebuilt in 2011 for blue water cruising. She has a rebuilt Beta Marine Kubota engine, updated rigging, like new custom sails, updated electrical, LED everything, Harken roller furler and beautifully varnished interior with custom dinette and large gimbaled gas oven/stove. In 2012 she sailed the east coast and throughout the Bahamas like a champ. She was a dream boat for us and she will be an affordable, easy to handle, fun to sail dream boat for you!Additional Specs, Equipment and Information
Boat Name: Velocir
Builder: Albin Marin
LOA: 27 ft
Beam: 8 ft
Maximum Draft: 3 ft 8 in
Total Power: 17 HP
Engine Brand: Beta Marine (Kubota) (newly rebuilt 2011)
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Fuel Tank: 9 gallons in keel
Plastic Water Tanks: 18 gallon main v-berth tank and a secondary 10 gallon cockpit tank .
- ENO Gas 2-burner Stove with Oven, gimbaled in stainless surround
- Custom Port Dinette w/ opening chart table and LED chart light
- LED lighting and fans throughout
- Starboard Berth
- Stainless Steel Sink
- Custom updated formica counter tops in galley and v-berth (new 2011)
- Freezer Box
- All interior cushions new 2011 (galley cushions Ultrasuede, forward berth cushions Sunbrella)
- Natures Head composting toilet, the best there is!
- Insulation added (2011)
Sails and Rigging
Custom made and fitted for Velocir. Hardware robustly upgraded on both sails. Purchased new in 2011 from Bacon Sails in Annapolis, MD.
Mainsail, 8 oz., 3 reef points 33% sail area each, (New 2011) cruise laminate (bulletproof) with triple throw style stitching using Tenara anti-rot thread, tri-radial custom 3-d shape, powerhead batten setup (top 2 full and bottom extended), metal slides at reef points and battens, allslip nylon slides, leach line adjusts at luff.
Furling Genoa, 7 oz., 130% (New 2011) cruise laminate with triple throw style stitching using Tenara thread, Sunbrella foot and leach also stitched with sunrot-resistant tenara thread, tri-radial custom 3-d shape, luff padding for extra flat roller reefing.
Sturdy 1.5 oz. asymmetrical cruising spinnaker with easy to use snuffer system and adjustable tack line.
Running rigging updated (2011).
- Harken Roller Furling Headsail (new 2011)
- Mast hinge for raising and lowering the mast without a crane! (from Ballenger Spar Systems, Inc)
- All running rigging led back to cockpit with Garhauer organizer and all stainless geared clutches (new 2011)
- All new running rigging (2011) stored below decks, sails also stored out of the elements.
- Sunbrella covers on all sails and winches
- 2 85 watt solar panels with charge controller (fixed mounted, new 2011)
- Depth Sounder (new 2011)
- VHF (fixed iCom new 2011)
- AIS receiver unit and dedicated VHF antenna
- Ubiquiti Bullet wifi Booster
- Tachometer and aftermarket engine hours monitor.
- Cobra 1500 watt inverter (new 2011)
- Clipper Compact BM-1 battery monitors (for solar, new 2011)
Custom Features and Extras
- USCG Documented Vessel
- 2 solar vents forward for ventilation (new 2012)
- Fully rebuilt shaft w/ custom folding prop (fabrication by Millers Island Propeller Inc.)
- Reinforced mast bulkhead (no known compression issues, preemptive project)
- Custom extra-strength stem fitting
- Decks fully restored and painted (2011) with Interlux Perfection and KiwiGrip
- Interior newly varnished in 2011 (Epiphanes) with some wood original and some new marine grade Sapele from Chesapeake Bay Light Craft
- Upgraded voyaging windows w/ aluminum frames (from UK Vega supplier)
- Custom curved Harken Main Sail sheet track (mounted on aft cockpit rail)
- All upgraded electrical (2011) with total LED system including Nav. lights
- Dodger (solid fixed dodger w/ isinglass removable window)
- Custom bow anchor roller w/ early version Rocna
- 180 feet of g4 ¼” chain
- Sturdy manual Simpson Lawrence windlass
- Custom lexan smoked glass window on forward hatch
- All upgraded stainless bow/stern cleats, bollard on foredeck, and aluminum schaefer cleats for 2 speed headsail winches.
- 2 propane tanks in custom holders with electric solenoid.
- Stern ladder
- Lots of extras including parts from other Vegas such as an extra water tank filler fitting and SO MUCH MORE!
- Large folder of receipts, manuals and Vega documentation.
Currently on the hard. Bottom painted blue after photos taken.
For further information on this vessel, please contact George Ayers at 226 932 6974 or by email at email@example.com
Please contact George Ayers, CPYB at 2269326974
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Harris & Ellis Yachts
Penetanguishene, ON, Canada
Ossining, NY, United States
400 Express Cruiser
Gananoque, ON, Canada