- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Brunswick, GA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 129,900
"OLD WORLD CHARM"
Classic Restoration Awaits Your Closest Inspection
Since 2001 "Bequia Chief" has experienced a keel up restoration. When purchased in February of 2000 she was considered to be in "rough" shape, needing a lot of TLC. She was taken "home" in 2001, put on the hard, and virtually stripped to her bare bones. Most of her structural wood was replaced and re-glassed. Her imperfections were perfected whether it be mechanical, electrical, structural or cosmetic. Teak decks stripped and made new. Generator added, systems improved. Her interior has been re-fit with the live-aboard in mind, granite countertops, full size refrigeration, ice maker, tiled baths, convection oven, and decorator faucet sets.
Read her specs and you will understand why it took 12 years of hard work to get her ready to go. She has been cruising since March of 2013 and is now in Brunswick, Georgia awaiting the introduction to her future Captain and First Mate. Current owners are looking to make the transition fun and easy and will spend time sharing their extensive knowledge of the boat with you.
OWNER WANTS HER SOLD NOW!!
EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com CELL PHONES: Gary at 727-403-5456 or Preston at 941-400-0050 We realize your time is important and you may drive a long distance so please call in advance to schedule an appointment.
SHOWINGS BY APPOINTMENT
Available for co-brokerage on a 50/50 basis.
Listed by a CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL YACHT BROKER
Please contact Gary Monnell at 727-403-5456 or Preston at 941-400-0050
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: William Garden
LOA: 45 ft 0 in
Beam: 13 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 0 in
Displacement: 42000 lbs
Total Power: 70 HP
Engine Brand: Westerbeke
Year Built: 1972
Engine Model: 4-230
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 70 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (200 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (200 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (80 Gallons)
Starting aft - Master Stateroom: Athwartship queen berth is surrounded by six lockers to starboard with fiddled shelf above, book shelf aft, and six lockers to port with fiddled shelf above. Stern windows add light and a "Captain Ron" romance to this stateroom. To starboard you'll find incredible storage with 4 drawers, 6 locker bureau with fiddled shelf above. The portside has a 4 drawer, 4 locker bureau and the built-in Splendide washer/ dryer combo. The bulkhead features a Dickinson solid fuel heater. The settee/ dressing seat just forward of the berth surrounds an expandable drop leaf table that serves as the below decks dining table which easily seats 4-6. The ensuite head is forward to port and has a tiled shower with teak floor grate, granite topped vanity, ss sink, electric full size head, makeup mirror, designer faucet, medicine cabinet, 3 lockers and a mirrored bulkhead locker. Two drop down door lockers access the engine compartment. A deck prism and screened portlight allow light and ventilation. The best word to describe the master stateroom storage is "HUMONGOUS"! An oil lamp and 12v & 110v fans complete the ambiance.
Walk through to Salon: Outboard side locker houses the generator and has a "hidden" locker above and fiddled shelf on top. Adjacent is a hanging locker with more shelving hullside. Inboard is the drop-down door access to the engine room.
Salon Starboard side: Dedicated nav station with seat, flip up chart table, six upper drawers, storage bin, and 3 drawers below. Here you will find the VHF, SSB, AIS, 12v fan and the electrical panel. Entertainment center is adjacent forward. Further forward is the settee with pilot berth. Three drawer storage under the pilot berth. Drawer and bulk storage under the settee. Bookshelves abound. Carved wood bulkhead with Dickinson diesel heater below.
Portside: Galley at companionway base (see below). Forward of the galley are two reclining chairs, bookshelves outboard, bulkhead storage shelves, plate and dishware storage and a wine glass rack. Oil lamp provides ambiance.
Guest Cabin: Starboard single berth with drawer storage under. Private fully tiled head to port with granite topped vanity, ss sink, 4 lockers, teak grated shower, huge storage shelf, manual head, shaving mirror, deck prism and screened opening port.
Work shop/ storage: Next forward is the sail locker, storage locker and workbench. Full forward is the anchor locker access.
General: Incredible storage capability for months at sea. Cushions are finished both sides and can be "flipped" for a "new" look.
- Princess 3 burner gimbaled stove w/ oven
- Kenmore convection microwave oven
- IsoTherm 12v/110v upright refrigerator/ freezer w/ holding plate
- IsoTherm 110v icemaker
- Splendide clothes washer/ dryer combo
- Double S/S sink
- Hot/ cold pressure water
- 110v water heater & engine heat exchanger
- Granite counter tops
- Designer faucet set
- (8) Lockers, (4) Drawers
- (4) Spice racks
- Filtered water tap
- Built-in trash receptacle
- Xintex propane control & fume detector
- Copper aft bulkhead
- Wood Freeman model 420 autopilot
- Garmin 7012 chartplotter/ radar
- Danforth Constellation 6" compass w/ hood
- Garmin I-10 wind, speed
- Echo Pilot forward looking sonar/ depth sounder
- ICOM MA-500 AIS transponder
- ICOM M424 VHF at nav
- ICOM 195 B command mic at helm
- ICOM 706 SSB radio w/ AT 130 tuner
- KVH Tracvision satellite TV w/ HD antenna
- Toshiba TV w/ DVD player
- (2) Dish TV receivers
- Digital TV antenna
- Oregon Scientific 433 weather station
- ACR EPIRB 406
- Mizzen mounted radar
- Ships bell
- Battery Bank: (3) 200 a/h Mastervolt AGM (house), (1) 150 a/h AGM (genset), (1) 150 a/h AGM (engine), (1) 220 a/h AGM (windlass & bowthruster)
- Mastervolt 40 amp automatic battery charger for genset & engine
- Mastervolt 2500 watt inverter/100 amp charger (house & bowthruster)
- Battery condition monitor
- Fischer Panda 8 Kw generator w/ 815 hrs
- (2) 75 watt solar panels w/ Mastervolt solar charge controller/ regulator
- Wiring was completely re-done in 2012
- 110v outlet at cockpit
- Tripp-Lite interruptible power supply (Monitors bilge pump circuitry)
- (2) 50' 30 amp Marinco shore power cables
- (2) Webasto reverse cycle AC units - 16k BTU & 5k BTU w/ digital controls
- Vetus bowthruster 95KG - 12V
- Cruise RO watermaker - 20 gallons per hour (NEW - never used)
- Rigid SS fuel and waterlines - each with a manifold system for tank switching & cutting off
- Racor fuel filters - engine & genset
- 1-3/4" SS shaft
- Engine gauges for RPM, temp, alternator output and oil pressure
- (3) Bilge pumps - 2 automatic, 1 manual
- Engine driven emergency bilge pump (needs re-mount)
- Fuel polishing system
- (1) Electric head (aft), (1) Manual head (forward) w/ Y-valve, macerator & deck pumpout
- Edson steering wheel
- (3) Manual BC fire extinguishers
- Smoke & CO fume detector
Deck & Cockpit
- Ground Tackle: (2) 60# CQR -1 with 300' chain, 1 with 15' chain & 250' rode, (1) 20# hooker
- Simpson Lawrence 519 electric windlass
- Hard dodger & bimini w/ zip-in sail windows
- Classic destroyer wheel w/ teak trim
- Lifeline netting
- Protective S/S bars over hatches
- S/S Swim platform w/ boarding ladder
- Teak capped bulwarks w/ Hawse ports
- Teak rub rail
- (4) Dorade vents
- (2) Winch handles
- Winch covers
- Mooring harness
- 1977 - Boston Whaler 11'4" dinghy
- 2014 - Lehr 15 hp, electric start, propane fueled OB engine w/ 2 - 30# fuel tanks
- Dinghy tow system w/ 110' 3/4 poly and 160' 7/8" rode
- Manual dinghy davits
- OB motor lift & mount
- Winslow 4 man canister type liferaft - covered on foredeck
- Awning over main boom and cockpit
- Teak sampson posts on foredeck
- (4) Fender caddys
- Lifesling system
- MOB pole
- Belaying pins port & starboard
- (5) Deck prisms
- Barge boards port & starboard
- Emergency tiller
- Mast pulpits at main
- Cockpit cushions
- Cockpit drink holders
- (6) Life jackets - 2 SOS Defender type, 4 Type 2
- Search lights w/ remote control
- Boat hook
Sails & Rigging
- Sail inventory: Main, 130% genoa on Cruising Design furler, spinnaker w/ MPS, staysail, mizzen
- Age of sails unknown - Little use since Schurr sails refurbished in 2012 and said were "good to go".
- Keel stepped wood mast (main), Deck stepped wood mast (mizzen)
- (11) Regular winches
- Lazy Jacks for mizzen and main
- Windex at masthead
- Traveler for main, mizzen and staysail
- Rigging inspected by Zern late 2013
- Mast steps on main and mizzen
Brokers Comments/ Additional Information
Captain Ron lives! EXCEPT "Bequia Chief" has had thousands of man hours invested in her total rebuild and many, many more thousands of dollars invested in her upgraded mechanical, electrical, and comfort systems.
She is perfect for that cruiser who really wants the capability to go somewhere over the rainbow or who just wants to sit at the dock in comfort and dream... It makes no difference. The key is after 14 years of hard work and rebuilding "Bequia Chief" from the keel up, she is finally "ready to go".
- Current owner has completely refit the boat since 2001 and is planning on imparting his knowledge of the boat to her next owner.
- All rebuild history is available in pictures!
- Teak decks replaced complete 2012
- No delamination of cored components evident
- New mahogany inlay around deck hatches
- 2013 Survey available for review
- No osmotic blistering history
- Considerable spares inventory to convey with the sale
Personal gear (owners live aboard)
Owners personal items not listed here are not a part of this sale. The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of this vessel.While efforts are made to keep listing up to date, information provided at the time of listing is subject to change if the vessel is on the market for an extended time. A buyer should instruct his agents or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyers desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.